Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
May 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #7,067 of 10,933
Quote:
That is true but both seem to be very well implemented.

I am no expert on DACs and like I said this is my first one, 
But I have to say I own around 5 cambridge audio products now and my brother has a few bits, 
And I do love the sound the sources produce, All using Wolfsen DAC's. But then the build quality especially on the Azur range is 
utterly brilliant and you know its going to sound good by just opening the package from the get go lol.

But yes I agree, I wouldn't judge something just by its chip or whatever, 
There's a lot more that contributes to the final product.

I really need to go read some beginners threads etc....

May 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #7,068 of 10,933
Be careful. That LCD-2 headband looks like it's getting really stretched...

May 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #7,070 of 10,933
Quote:

Genelec 8030A's & Matrix Quattro Dac, not bad for my first speakers setup :D

i've not used my LCD-2 ever since i bought speakers so i'm going to sell them...

Are those neon lights I see mounted behind the monitor? Any pictures with them on and the lights off? 

It might seems like bling for some, but these actually make night time browsing less hard on the eyes. There's even TVs with built-in lights at the back that changes color to math what's on screen. I'd love a computer LCD that does that... Hmm, probably my next hack.

May 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #7,073 of 10,933
Jun 1, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #7,074 of 10,933
Quote:

I love this picture and this really makes me want to get a back light for my screen ( plus i love bf3!! )

That is BFBC2. 
biggrin.gif
 A favorite that persists in playability even after the release of BF3.

The lights look attached to the sides of the monitor if you look at the previous images/comments.

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #7,075 of 10,933
Quote:
I honestly don't have a problem with computer noise. Mine is air cooled by five case fans, but hardly makes any noise. In fact, it's barely audible above the normal ambient noise during the day.
Maybe it's because I don't do any sort of overclocking.
My Macbook (13.1") does. Usually it's silent, but sometimes at random occasions it feels the need to make an awesome amount of noise.

^ This is the reason I have a ThinkPad X200s running Arch Linux now after suffering with a MacBook for the past 5+ years. I know when it's going to spin up it's fan because I'm usually compiliing code, playing a video or interacting with Flash content on a website (usually YouTube).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back