Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #5,071 of 10,932

Quote:
So I finally cleaned up my desk enough to take a picture of it. Unfortunately the still did not come out great. My room is small and I was forced to shoot with my fisheye lens. Fun lens but maybe I should have saved up for a 14-24 or 25-70 instead. Well they aren't really in the same price range as mine, so maybe that is why. 

Nice setup man! I see you have the Leben CS300xs that Skylab had for sale on the forums a couple weeks ago, I almost pulled the trigger on it
wink.gif

Those old Pioneers are beautiful, I have a 1250 in the shop right now for service. Still haven't heard it with the LCD-2s, I'm looking forward to when they meet.

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #5,072 of 10,932
The Leben is from Skylab, I am not sure if you checked my feedback. I am very happy with it. My Pioneer is the 950 not the1250, so I am a little jealous about that. I am sure they are very similar, and even if they sounded identical, the 1250 still looks so much cooler. 

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #5,074 of 10,932
Has anyone mentioned Human Scale yet? They make a pretty nice desk chair. They run around the same price as HM chairs but the slightly more contemporary styling and ease-of-use (which is surprisingly important in an ergonomic chair) which is something that makes them maybe just a little more enticing.

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #5,075 of 10,932
I looked at herman miller/human scale but ended up with RHLogic 400 .I find it perfect for sustained usage and very comfrotable to boot , its infinately adjustable. My wife has a herman miller aeron chair and its a great chair but felt more at home on the RH

Unomelodica

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #5,076 of 10,932

Quote:
Those are the chairmats made for carpet, you can get chairmats without the spikes.

I'll have to look into that

Quote:
yes, there are chairmats made for noncarpeted floors

and i would take a look at the raynor ergohuman chair as well in addition to the other brands MarioImpemba mentioned

here are some nicer casters:
http://www.coolcasters.com/

Those are some cool casters!

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #5,078 of 10,932
Unomelodica, what do you use the Xbox HD-DVD drive for?

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #5,082 of 10,932
I thought about doing an Unraid server, I forgot what made my decision to go with FreeNAS, but I have been happy with it. I just wish you could add in new drives to a raid 1+0 ZFS array. I suppose the ZFS has nothing to do with why you can't, its just how I have it set up.

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #5,083 of 10,932
You can't modify a ZRAID to add more drives to it. You can, however, add more ZRAIDs to a ZPOOL. So if you had a ZRAID-1 with 3 drives you could add another ZRAID-1 of three drives to the pool. If all drives were 2 TB you'd end with 8TB of usable storage.

My guess would be your choice to go FreeNAS over Unraid is the same as the reason I'm going to: ZFS is file-system based and Unraid is software-based. If your system dies with Unraid you could lose all data where you could just drop the drives into another box and recover them if you were using ZFS. You can't even always say that with RAID5.

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #5,084 of 10,932
That is likely the reason. It has been a year or so since building my server so I don't remember all of the research. I am concerned about data loss, which is why I have everything in raid 1. I know you can add add new drives to the ZPOOL, which is what I will do for now.

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #5,085 of 10,932

Quote:
So I finally cleaned up my desk enough to take a picture of it. Unfortunately the still did not come out great. My room is small and I was forced to shoot with my fisheye lens. Fun lens but maybe I should have saved up for a 14-24 or 25-70 instead. Well they aren't really in the same price range as mine, so maybe that is why. 

Nice gear TruBrew.
Is that the Pioneer sx-1250 receiver...have heard a lot of good things about it for headphone listening

I have a Leben amp too and am looking to buy the LCD-2 and a DAC (leaning towards the new minimax Plus).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back