Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #5,102 of 10,933
Time to hit PCs with hyper-drive...

Quote:
Bet you can't guess which part I saw and thought, "A flux-capacitor!" haha!

@Tmars78: very nice, definitely an improvement. I've seen cases that looked like the "before" while doing tech support and almost wanted to send people a bill for the time I took doing cable management. It was one of those, "I may not be the next person working on this but whoever it is will thank me," sort of things.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #5,103 of 10,933
Either Mountain Mods or Case Labs probably

Quote:
OK, so at some point on this forum someone mentioned a company that does sort of built-to-order computer cases, bit more of the custom-end of things where you could say if you wanted metal panels or aluminum, that sort of thing. I've looked but can't find it. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #5,108 of 10,933
Is that tower on the right side of the desk a tower? I thought it was a UPS.

Aug 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #5,109 of 10,933
My tower is the black case under the desk, the small white light in the center of the picture at the bottom is my Creative X-fi Fatal1ty sound card for a sense of scale. It's a full tower, Core i7 920, 6GB G.Skill DDR3, and a Radeon HD6870 Black Edition runs the 4 monitors in the upside down T configuration. The 5th monitor to the right is for all the game consoles. That tower to the right is a spare machine I tinker with from time to time.

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #5,111 of 10,933

Quote:
As you can see, I'm more of a technophile than an audiophile, but I'm learning:

[*snip*]

This scares me. Not because of the number of monitors, amount of gear, or anything like that. But because I can see myself having something similar in a few years...

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #5,112 of 10,933
It's a long time of saving, building, rebuilding, upgrading, reconfiguring, experimenting, re-experimenting, rebuilding again and then working it all over from the beginning. I hope you get a setup you love at some point. I spend so much time here watching, playing and listening it's part of the reason I started researching audio setups here. I have the video down, I have the games, I have a way to thread them all together to a good set of audio equipment. Now I want to hear it sound like it's supposed to sound.

Aug 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #5,113 of 10,933
Well, I guess we should all say welcome then. I love how after you perfect one hobby, you kind of move on to the next one. I do the same thing. I have the TV and gaming system. I have a nice camera, and now like you, I am on to audio. I have been into audio in the past, but I am in a resurgence I guess you could say. Though I can easily say I am more educated about the topic now then ever due to this forum.

On you your computer setup. I have always wanted a bunch of monitors, but the most I have ever had was too. I have a thing about symmetry, which is the problem. I have a 21in imac, and they don't make mac monitors that size. and if other companies do, they would not match in style.Don't ask me what I would need them all for, I will figure that out after I have them.

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #5,114 of 10,933
I stole my sister's 21 or 22 inch monitor, I'm not really sure which since it only does a max resolution of 1680x1050. But wow it's a night and day difference from my previous 19 inch monitor. I can't imagine what a 24 inch would be like, so I think I need to find out. 

It's even more obvious because I have dual monitors of different sizes. Before I had 17" and 19", now I have 19" and whatever this monitor is. I would set up a third monitor, but I lack a DVI to HDMI cable. Everything I use is VGA sadly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back