Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Nov 19, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #9,902 of 10,933

Gotta say, I'm really digging the juxtaposition of the $1000+ equipment on the $100 Rubbermaid folding table.
biggrin.gif

That's so passe. This is the new sh!t.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #9,904 of 10,933
Let me know how you like the Stealth 8's. They must be gigantic in person. Judging from the sound of the Airmotivs, this must be real nice to listen to. And how's the bass? 

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #9,905 of 10,933
  Let me know how you like the Stealth 8's. They must be gigantic in person. Judging from the sound of the Airmotivs, this must be real nice to listen to. And how's the bass? 

The Stealth 8 thread on here is the best place I've found for info on them. Now there's not a ton of action there, but since these are on a 20% off sale until January there are at least 5-6 more people I know of that will be joining the fold soon. We'll see about impressions, but at least it's growing.

About their size, I like big, over built stuff. Heavy components speak volumes to me. I was a little worried while the Stealths were inbound that they wouldn't be as "impressive" as I'd been imagining, however, I was very happily proven wrong. I'm 6'1'', 230, and they're not far off the size of my torso, from my nipples down. They're about 20kg/each, and if you wrap on any part of them it's just a dead sound. They're built very well and are very big. Exactly what I was looking for for a pair of desktop speakers... Haha, naw these guys are going on stands and I bet will become my gateway drug to larger, active floorstanders. 

I shared my initial impressions in there a couple days ago, so I've pasted it below:
  Well, I have received the Stealth 8s and holy sh!t do they ever sound good. The 2 setups I tried were far from ideal, but man are their mids ever clear, highs are smooth, and the bass is impactful, fast, and tight. These have some of the smoothest, clearest mids I've ever hear. Vocals on them were sublime, and I had no idea that was coming.  

I will be trying them on my home system with a different PC source, DAC and pre-amp in several weeks, so hopefully that will answer my question about the fullness/bloom that I'd like to also be hearing in the bass. Right now they're just lacking a little plumpness that I'd like, as a bass lover, in the bass department. But I don't know if that was the DAC I had them on or what. We'll see.

Anyway, happy Stealth 8 owner, right here. 

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #9,906 of 10,933
My setup at the moment:

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #9,907 of 10,933
  My setup at the moment:

Truly end game set-up. Nice!

P.S. Look at the IsoAcoustic stands for the LS50s, you can find them at Tom Lee or Long and McQuade :)

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #9,908 of 10,933
    P.S. Look at the IsoAcoustic stands for the LS50s, you can find them at Tom Lee or Long and McQuade :)

Thanks! I really feel like I have finally reached end game after a long time and am currently very satisfied with the setup. The LS50's were recently acquired and I am loving them. Might honestly be my best investment so far ever since I started spending money on audio equipment. Always been a headphone guy and was using a pair of Klipsch bookshelves for speakers till now.

As you can see, I already have the LS50's sitting on a couple of acoustic foam pads. Would the IsoAcoustic stands provide even more isolation? The LS50's are already doing pretty well as is but those stands are interesting. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #9,909 of 10,933

Thanks! I really feel like I have finally reached end game after a long time and am currently very satisfied with the setup. The LS50's were recently acquired and I am loving them. Might honestly be my best investment so far ever since I started spending money on audio equipment. Always been a headphone guy and was using a pair of Klipsch bookshelves for speakers till now.

As you can see, I already have the LS50's sitting on a couple of acoustic foam pads. Would the IsoAcoustic stands provide even more isolation? The LS50's are already doing pretty well as is but those stands are interesting. 

Haha big upgrade from the klipschs for sure :) 

They both sound good, I personally like the look of the isoacoustics and they have definitely made an improvement in sound compared to just slapping them on the desk. Since you are going the foam pad route, they should sound equally good.

If you are looking to get new pads, i would stay clear from the PrimeAcoustics ones. The support which your speaker rests on is made of steel and can cause ringing when your speakers are played even at moderate volumes. I recommend Auralex, it's a much better product and costs less as well.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #9,910 of 10,933
Haha big upgrade from the klipschs for sure :) 

They both sound good, I personally like the look of the isoacoustics and they have definitely made an improvement in sound compared to just slapping them on the desk. Since you are going the foam pad route, they should sound equally good.

If you are looking to get new pads, i would stay clear from the PrimeAcoustics ones. The support which your speaker rests on is made of steel and can cause ringing when your speakers are played even at moderate volumes. I recommend Auralex, it's a much better product and costs less as well.

The Auralex is what I am currently using under the LS50's. Although I came across an interesting YouTube video comparing Auralex Mopads to the Iso Acoustic stands. The Iso Acoustic stands sound a lot better in the video!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2wQ5OV40CjM

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #9,912 of 10,933
The Auralex is what I am currently using under the LS50's. Although I came across an interesting YouTube video comparing Auralex Mopads to the Iso Acoustic stands. The Iso Acoustic stands sound a lot better in the video!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2wQ5OV40CjM

It seems like the speakers with the isoacoustics have their bass slightly tamed. Either way, the LS50s will sound fantastic either way :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #9,913 of 10,933

It seems like the speakers with the isoacoustics have their bass slightly tamed. Either way, the LS50s will sound fantastic either way :)

*sigh* Just noticed that KEF has limited edition colors available at the moment. Seriously contemplating selling my current LS50's and switching to the matte black/blue driver LS50's (blue is my favorite color). But my brain is telling me to shut up and not waste money on a darn speaker color change 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #9,914 of 10,933

*sigh* Just noticed that KEF has limited edition colors available at the moment. Seriously contemplating selling my current LS50's and switching to the matte black/blue driver LS50's (blue is my favorite color). But my brain is telling me to shut up and not waste money on a darn speaker color change 
rolleyes.gif

I still think the Black/Rose Gold is the most classy looking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back