Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 29, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #7,864 of 10,933
Quote:
Same thing with photos of guitars. "Here's a 2000$ instrument lying down in some dirt". It's artsy.

Hah! Doesn't quite work the same with pictures of a PC though. I really only did it for the lighting outside. The one wanky photo is of the plant which I did more in jest then anything as I certainly don't think I'm any sort of professional-grade photographer.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #7,865 of 10,933
Quote:

That's a nice arrangement. I've been thinking of doing much the same thing with my monitors but my room is too small that it wouldn't end up using too much space. The components look like they could do with being put in a rack under that desk though.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #7,866 of 10,933
Quote:

That's a nice arrangement. I've been thinking of doing much the same thing with my monitors but my room is too small that it wouldn't end up using too much space. The components look like they could do with being put in a rack under that desk though.

Cheers. I've contemplated that however then I'd have far too much room on the desk and the poor components would overheat under the desk australiansummer.jpg.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #7,867 of 10,933
Quote:
Why did you take your computer outside and put it in the dirt to take pictures?
confused.gif

Outdoor lighting is the best on cloudy days for shots of stuff like computers.  

Murdermod TJ07's or any cases that Charles touches deserve good photos :wink:

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #7,868 of 10,933
Quote:

Outdoor lighting is the best on cloudy days for shots of stuff like computers.  

Murdermod TJ07's or any cases that Charles touches deserve good photos :wink:

Aaaah finally! Someone who knows. I've got the new murderBox on preorder (case no. 33). Can't wait until its manufactured. Starting a brand new build with all EK plex blocks and Ice dragon's nanofluid (milk-looking coolant with suspended nano-particles). Cannot wait.

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #7,869 of 10,933
Aaaah finally! Someone who knows. I've got the new murderBox on preorder (case no. 33). Can't wait until its manufactured. Starting a brand new build with all EK plex blocks and Ice dragon's nanofluid (milk-looking coolant with suspended nano-particles). Cannot wait.

Oh I understand taking it outside for the natural lighting. Not so much why you put it in the dirt along with the other shrubbery (perhaps for decoration?) :wink:

Murderbox cases have nothing new to offer next to mountainmods or caselabs. Maybe looks.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #7,870 of 10,933
Quote:
Oh I understand taking it outside for the natural lighting. Not so much why you put it in the dirt along with the other shrubbery (perhaps for decoration?)
wink.gif

Murderbox cases have nothing new to offer next to mountainmods or caselabs. Maybe looks.

Like I said its not dirt, its mulch. Didn't dirty the case at all.

Exactly that sole reason. MurderBox cases are far more elegant than your typical hideous monstrosity of a boring black cube. Far too overdone and lacks anything new or unique (feature-set and in the looks dept) not to mention creativity. Just my 2c, each to their own.

EDIT Also I think its worth noting mountainmods and caselabs are in a different league regardless of all these case being manufactured primarily for watercooling. There's your semi-normal sized cases (Corsair 800D, TJ07, Cosmos, etc) then there's LittleDevil's cases, MountainMods, Caselabs, XSPC etc. Comparing those against one another would be more equal.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #7,871 of 10,933
Like I said its not dirt, its mulch. Didn't dirty the case at all.

Exactly that sole reason. MurderBox cases are far more elegant than your typical hideous monstrosity of a boring black cube. Far too overdone and lacks anything new or unique (feature-set and in the looks dept) not to mention creativity. Just my 2c, each to their own.

EDIT Also I think its worth noting mountainmods and caselabs are in a different league regardless of all these case being manufactured primarily for watercooling. There's your semi-normal sized cases (Corsair 800D, TJ07, Cosmos, etc) then there's LittleDevil's cases, MountainMods, Caselabs, XSPC etc. Comparing those against one another would be more equal.

Oh yes those cases are quite large. There was a time I was thinking of a build involving a Caselabs magnum tx10 (had my eye on it before it even released) and a phase cooling setup, but then I lost interest in the hobby. Well that and I really didn't have time for gaming anymore =(.

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #7,874 of 10,933
@ h2oxide

How do you like your dynaudios? I've got a budget around 1.5k (ok probably 2k...) for either bookshelf or floorstanding speakers. Been looking at the new kef LS50 and various Zu Audio speakers, just wondering your thoughts? 

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #7,875 of 10,933
Very full sounding speakers with tight, controlled, well extended bass. Sweet midrange and highs. These crave power so feed them well and you'll be rewarded. The new focus series is a real step up from the older focus however If you're budget is 1.5 you'll probably be looking at the next step down which from what I've heard, still isn't a bad choice. Renowned for great value for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back