Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 22, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #7,307 of 10,930
Posted on another thread but might as well post here too since all my music I listen to is from my computer.

New rig as of a couple of days ago;

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #7,310 of 10,930
Quote:
Posted on another thread but might as well post here too since all my music I listen to is from my computer.

New rig as of a couple of days ago;

atsmile.gif
Im drooling.....

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #7,312 of 10,930
Aug 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #7,313 of 10,930
Quote:
Love it! 
Is that a Danger Den case??? :) Very nice!!! :)

Yeah, it's the Danger Den Torture Rack. I constantly tweak and tinker with my pc, so it's a lot easier with a testbench.

Plus, It looks awesome and will easily impress people who don't know anything about computers.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #7,315 of 10,930
Quote:
Yeah, it's the Danger Den Torture Rack. I constantly tweak and tinker with my pc, so it's a lot easier with a testbench.

Plus, It looks awesome and will easily impress people who don't know anything about computers.

Thought so! I have the WaterBox which I was using for a liquid cooled gaming rig I was building. Then we moved so its all in storage at the moment :frowning2:
I may Love my Mac & The rest of my apple gear but I still love a well built gaming rig too! :)

Hat off to ya :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #7,316 of 10,930
Quote:
Thought so! I have the WaterBox which I was using for a liquid cooled gaming rig I was building. Then we moved so its all in storage at the moment :frowning2:
I may Love my Mac & The rest of my apple gear but I still love a well built gaming rig too! :)

Hat off to ya :)

Thanks a lot. I would never buy a Mac though. It just seems insane if you are able to build a pc yourself.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind trading that desk for my ikea desk. Where did you get it, and how much was it?

I got it in ILVA. It's sorta like a high-end Ikea in Denmark. I had been wandering around for 2 hours without being able to find a desk that was large enough. I then got to the discount section where this desk was.

I asked why it was in the discount section when it is solid oak and looks like something worth 5 thousand dollars. The guy then told me that one of the employees accidentally spilled a bit of hot candle wax on it. Because of this, they marked the price down from 4 thousand dollars to 800 bucks. I bought it on the spot. When I got home, I just took a spatula and scraped off all the wax.

Looks brand new.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #7,317 of 10,930
Quote:

Thanks a lot. I would never buy a Mac though. It just seems insane if you are able to build a pc yourself.

I got it in ILVA. It's sorta like a high-end Ikea in Denmark. I had been wandering around for 2 hours without being able to find a desk that was large enough. I then got to the discount section where this desk was.

I asked why it was in the discount section when it is solid oak and looks like something worth 5 thousand dollars. The guy then told me that one of the employees accidentally spilled a bit of hot candle wax on it. Because of this, they marked the price down from 4 thousand dollars to 800 bucks. I bought it on the spot. When I got home, I just took a spatula and scraped off all the wax.

Looks brand new.

I mean 800 bucks still isn't cheap, it's far out of my students budget, but solid oak is worth it.
And I definitely agree on building your own pc. I just built my first gaming rig. Just searching for the best parts, and putting these together was so much fun.
It's also much cheaper than any mac.

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #7,318 of 10,930
Its been awhile since Ive posted anything, Im using this setup these days for my PC Audio.

Been using the little Mirage OMD 5s for a couple of years now, their design really perform well in a nearfield setup.
Im been using the Mitsu M-A01 mosfet amp for several years its 70 watts pretty much outclasses any of the bigger
modern receivers Ive owned so far. Being part of a Compact separates system it fits in nicely in an office system.
Running a tower pc I built tucked away in the corner as a server for my LAN.

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #7,320 of 10,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Back