Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #6,781 of 10,933

Quote:
It would be a tough fight. I like your 10 years old PSU, but can it fare against a cardboard box filled with ~6kg of stuff?

Mine is pimped. I custom replaced the front fan(not in pic) with blue LED's to make it look bawss. oh and did I mention it still works? whenever i need to use it i just whip it off my shelf

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #6,785 of 10,933
I think they only need small space in the back to let the amplifier cool. I could be wrong though :wink:

Usually the small space is meant for bass response. The bass needs to reflect off the wall if I am not mistaken.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #6,787 of 10,933

Quote:
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't think they were back ported.

Sorry if my post was confusing. I was after that since those graphs state that it's about the same if you place them 5cm, or 50cm from the wall, they are just fine? I mean bass response wise. The graphs are measured with rear ported speakers yes, but it shouldn't make a difference?

Or, did you mean that he should put them closer to the listener to reduce tables effect on the sound?

Meh, just tell me to **** if I don't make any sense.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #6,788 of 10,933

Quote:
Sorry if my post was confusing. I was after that since those graphs state that it's about the same if you place them 5cm, or 50cm from the wall, they are just fine? I mean bass response wise. The graphs are measured with rear ported speakers yes, but it shouldn't make a difference?

Or, did you mean that he should put them closer to the listener to reduce tables effect on the sound?

Meh, just tell me to **** if I don't make any sense.

While such speakers do have a sweet spot in terms of listener's positioning, I'm saying that those speakers might not perform optimally when so close to the wall. 5cm sounds way too close, while some breathing room like 10-20cm might be better.

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #6,791 of 10,933
Speaker sound also has to do with the room acoustics. Don't go practicing in a hall.

I don't see how this is relevant.

We are talking about near field speakers here. Room acoustics are going to be crappy in any case, that's why you limit the effect of them by placing the speakers in the near field instead of the diffuse field.

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #6,792 of 10,933
Well, they sound different from room to room right? My old JVC speakers sounded different in my room compared to the living room. I'm not saying its &100 true, maybe its not true at all, its just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be ignorant! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #6,795 of 10,933

Quote:

The speaker supports do wonders thanks to a user name Jodiuh who sent them to me 
biggrin.gif

But is this too close?  

They do look like they do a great job with vibrations :)

Well, I'm not familiar with those speakers in particular, but I'd have them a couple inches further away from the wall. Maybe you could try both positions and see which sounds better. I don't know how the layout of the room they're in is, but some not excessive breathing room on the back might do them good, but the sound will help you decide that better.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back