Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #6,721 of 10,933
PCs decked out in LEDs and UV paints/dyes aren't all that different from the more outlandish modified cars, be they hot rods or hatchbacks. They are flashy but they do have an appeal. Some coordinate colours and have a well thought out design and some just have whatever was brightest. To me the latter is an absolute eyesore but the former can be pretty effective. Some of the stuff over at http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/ does a good job of it. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #6,722 of 10,933

Quote:
I'd love to see some pics of the progress if you don't mind! :)

you asked and i shall give upon thee!

I might have gone a bit off course with the pictures but this is my setup, hope you like it :), i just need to wait untill nvidia release there new 680 gpu then i am all good to kick some butt :)

PS click on them to make them big :)

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #6,723 of 10,933

Quote:
PCs decked out in LEDs and UV paints/dyes aren't all that different from the more outlandish modified cars, be they hot rods or hatchbacks. They are flashy but they do have an appeal. Some coordinate colours and have a well thought out design and some just have whatever was brightest. To me the latter is an absolute eyesore but the former can be pretty effective. Some of the stuff over at http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/ does a good job of it. 

Yeah but decorating your car might actually win you some (diseased) skirt.  Decorating your computer will probably only impress your man-freinds
wink_face.gif

But yeah probably pretty "cool with the guys" while you are in highschool or college undergrad, but not likely to impress many girls.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #6,726 of 10,933

Quote:
oh man... my rig looks tacky?

Not personally attacking you.  I just think case and fan LEDs look tacky.  If that's your thing, then so be it.  It's still your computer.  If you want to completely "bling" it out, I can't stop you.  But I can dislike the look.
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #6,727 of 10,933
haha... i completely understand. just trying to have a little fun.
biggrin.gif

i would love to have a furniture-grade computer case, and i have the skills to make one. i believe a wood case, done properly, might look classy. but for now... bling it is. i bought the HAF for its massive fans and cooling ability plus cable management. the bling is just unavoidable.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #6,728 of 10,933

Quote:
haha... i completely understand. just trying to have a little fun.
biggrin.gif

i would love to have a furniture-grade computer case, and i have the skills to make one. i believe a wood case, done properly, might look classy. but for now... bling it is. i bought the HAF for its massive fans and cooling ability plus cable management. the bling is just unavoidable.

Hmm yeah  wood case would be awesome - I think my next case will be wood (as in motherboard screwed onto a piece of wood 
biggrin.gif
)

Would be awesome if Ikea started selling some PC cases (maybe walnut veneer with a matte oil finish) that would be too awesome.

But for me my current PC is a discrete black box tucked away to be as quiet as possible - my enthusiasm for seeing actual computer hardware has diminished quite a bit lately, I'm more interested in how they perform and or silence of the setup.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #6,729 of 10,933
I bought a Silverstone TJ10 because I wanted to completely avoid the bling.  Just nice and clean black aluminum.  Amazon actually sent me the windowed side paneled one and I went on a rampage with their CS.  Going to driver over to Silverstone myself after finals and pick up a new side panel.  Don't even get me started on fans.  I've been research fans and have experimented with quite a few and have finally found the most quiet one.  I spent the whole week silencing my HDD.  My system is pretty much completely silent during idle.  With open headphones, you NEED to have a silent environment.  If you don't then a lot of the extra money spent on audio is pointless.

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #6,730 of 10,933
Here is my setup.  Alienware running FooBar2000 --> HRT Music Streamer II --> Schiit Asgard --> HD600.

Also got a 2008 iMac.  Still pretty quick, but starting to show it's age.  Needs a fresh install.

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #6,732 of 10,933

Quote:

you asked and i shall give upon thee!

I might have gone a bit off course with the pictures but this is my setup, hope you like it :), i just need to wait untill nvidia release there new 680 gpu then i am all good to kick some butt :)

PS click on them to make them big :)

So I assume you're running off integrated graphics until they release the 680 later this month? Look awesome though man. This is going to be a kick ass setup once you get the 680. Congrats!

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #6,733 of 10,933

Quote:
Here is my setup.  Alienware running FooBar2000 --> HRT Music Streamer II --> Schiit Asgard --> HD600.

Also got a 2008 iMac.  Still pretty quick, but starting to show it's age.  Needs a fresh install.

Banana holder! :D

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #6,734 of 10,933

How is that setup?  I've personally been considering it myself.
Quote:

Mar 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #6,735 of 10,933

Quote:
I bought a Silverstone TJ10 because I wanted to completely avoid the bling.  Just nice and clean black aluminum.  Amazon actually sent me the windowed side paneled one and I went on a rampage with their CS.  Going to driver over to Silverstone myself after finals and pick up a new side panel.  Don't even get me started on fans.  I've been research fans and have experimented with quite a few and have finally found the most quiet one.  I spent the whole week silencing my HDD.  My system is pretty much completely silent during idle.  With open headphones, you NEED to have a silent environment.  If you don't then a lot of the extra money spent on audio is pointless.

Quote:
Nope never did get that mechanical
Yeah i hate using words like tacky here. On another one of my posts a page back i said "nothing special" i spent 10 mins thinking if i should add that. Thank goodness he didnt fin it offensive as i think my tone of voice got what i meant across

ha ha... i don't get too bent out of shape about much... tacky didn't even bother me because i get it. and i think there is a higher level of aesthetics here than some other forums. and i wish my case was a tad bit more silent, but a triple 360 rad is a lot of air. i went with Gentle Typhoons on a Sunbeam fan controller, and my big case fans are on the controller as well, plus both of my main drives are a 120 GB and 60 GB ssd, so it is as silent as can be practical and still cool a very hot cpu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back