Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #6,211 of 10,933
Wouldn't it be awesome to order seperate keys and unmarked keycaps and just built your own keyboard? Would take a lot of time and expertise to do properly, though.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #6,215 of 10,933

-Z-5500 sound system
-MX revolution Mouse
-K350 keyboard
-ASUS PW201 monitor 20"
-Denon AH-D2000
-Samsung Galaxy S (in the picture)
-Xbox 360 slim (in the picture)

PC specs:
-E6500 (dual core) 2.93ghz, OC'ed to 3.53ghz
-Asus P5K premium motherboard
-Nvidia 7600 GT GFX card
-2GB OCZ Platinum RAM
-Artic cooler 7
-Running Win XP 32bit

(Its getting pretty old, but still goes strong :D!)

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #6,216 of 10,933
Decided to change a few things around by putting my Yeti out in front and my iPad along the side for Netflix watching. Also added my AKG Q701's with the ZXAC cable on my side headphone rack by itself. Thought that it looked pretty cool. Also, once my Bifrost arrives, that's where my Valhalla + Bifrost + Q701 & HD700 combo will be residing, so then I'll have two desktop setups (or maybe a bedside setup as well).

I still love the HA-160DS + HD650 combo so much. Eric Clapton Unplugged, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and John Williams sound absolutely exceptional through this setup.

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #6,217 of 10,933

My very simple setup. I'm pulling an optical signal out of the mac and into the D3, then feeding it in to an old Shellbrook Labs SMM. I have rigged the amp to a wall wart for power. I feed the Yamaha int. amp off usb with a turtle beach micro2? I bought the Realistic Pro60 in 1985 these were the first real headphones I owned, looks like its time for new pads again. It all works well enough for now, but am thinking of getting the audioengine D1 soon. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6,218 of 10,933

Quote:
Decided to change a few things around by putting my Yeti out in front and my iPad along the side for Netflix watching. Also added my AKG Q701's with the ZXAC cable on my side headphone rack by itself. Thought that it looked pretty cool. Also, once my Bifrost arrives, that's where my Valhalla + Bifrost + Q701 & HD700 combo will be residing, so then I'll have two desktop setups (or maybe a bedside setup as well).

I still love the HA-160DS + HD650 combo so much. Eric Clapton Unplugged, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and John Williams sound absolutely exceptional through this setup.

Hey there! I have the q701's and I was wondering what you thougt about that cable? Did it make that much of a difference was it worth it? And itsn't a little short? haha

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #6,219 of 10,933

My very simple setup. I'm pulling an optical signal out of the mac and into the D3, then feeding it in to an old Shellbrook Labs SMM. I have rigged the amp to a wall wart for power. I feed the Yamaha int. amp off usb with a turtle beach micro2? I bought the Realistic Pro60 in 1985 these were the first real headphones I owned, looks like its time for new pads again. It all works well enough for now, but am thinking of getting the audioengine D1 soon. 

Amazing to see the Realistic Pro60s here. I purchased mine in 1981 and if I remember right they were close to $100.00 which was a ton of money then. I loved the sound of them and kind of miss them. The foam ear pads do get worn and fall apart. Are you able to get replacements from Radio-Shack? They were really great! They still are really great! So cool, they bring back a lot of thoughts about the times then. Never thought I would see a pair here. They were open back I remember. What headphone would you say they sound like in production now?

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #6,220 of 10,933
I last replaced the pads ten years ago, so not sure if the shack can still order them. I am guessing they can. But I will probably try to order direct from koss. I listened to them for awhile yesterday and I do enjoy their sound. Probably most like my Porta-Pro but more recessed. I thought I paid $65 ,But not sure. I remember reading a multi phone review in stereo review (Carly Simon on the cover?) And the koss equivalent fared ok so I saved up and bought these when they were on sale. I was still in high school at the time and my only source to start out was a big Panasonic boom box. On an unrelated note the spelling auto correct on the kindle fire is driving me insane.

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #6,221 of 10,933
Minus one Razer Mako, plus one Furutech GT40, three more Grado headphones, a bit less cables, less empty boxes, more school stuff, more carton boxes used as drawers, a bit more organization, but overall an even higher stuff per surface ratio, compared to that before-Christmas desk you see there :

--> 

(keep in mind I am a retro-gamer more than anything else, under this very desk lies modified GameCube, PS2, Xbox with their respective gamepads, accessories, a few games (the bulk of it being stored mostly inside the xbox's hard driver, a LOT of roms))

And this is just the desk and the work space.. most of the stuff is stored under my bed of around the actual desk (i.e. not shown here) in many more and bigger boxes.

It is safe to say that I love stuff

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #6,223 of 10,933
Quote:
I've never heard of a modified Gamecube before.

I needed to a adjust / increase the "POT" of the laser in order to make it able to read back ups. I opened my Gamecube for that. I also played a lot with memory card adapters in order to launch games and save gamesaves from and to a SD card inside the memory card slots (with the proper adapter).

http://theisozone.com/videos/gamecube/tuts/how-to-tweak-the-gamecube-pot/

Also, just type "gamecube mod" on Google image just for fun, you'll be surprised... some people transformed the Gamecube into a media center that can read regular DVD (only the mini-disk sized center portion of it though, so that's only the first 1.47 but! lol :p )... not counting all the "appearance mod" and pimping.

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #6,224 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:

I needed to a adjust / increase the "POT" of the laser in order to make it able to read back ups. I opened my Gamecube for that. I also played a lot with memory card adapters in order to launch games and save gamesaves from and to a SD card inside the memory card slots (with the proper adapter).

http://theisozone.com/videos/gamecube/tuts/how-to-tweak-the-gamecube-pot/

Also, just type "gamecube mod" on Google image just for fun, you'll be surprised... some people transformed the Gamecube into a media center that can read regular DVD (only the mini-disk sized center portion of it though, so that's only the first 1.47 but! lol :p )... not counting all the "appearance mod" and pimping.

they sell those small discs that you can burn?

I did similar things to my 360 and ps1/2, but I didn't even think about the gamecube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back