Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #6,196 of 10,933

Quote:

While we're on the subject, what is the QUIETEST mechanical keyboard type? I've taken a look at this in the past, but anything except vinyl rollout keyboards made way too much noise for me to consider it "silent". I even looked at the laser display keyboard that projects onto a surface, but after research I found out it does not do well unless you "peck" type.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #6,198 of 10,933

Quote:
Have fun trying to beat amount of stuff I have
tongue.gif
  I'm also not going to bother to clean up the mess I have on my desk as I'm studying for midterms
tongue.gif

I treat my 3+ year old Vaio like a desktop since there was a deal on an 24" HP IPS monitor I couldn't pass up on.  Also absolutely love my new Ducky Shine mechanical KB.  If anyone was a majestouch 2 with backlight, this is the keyboard to get!
Then of course I have all my gear which is in my signature.

Just wondering but are you taking chem 131 at UCSD xD

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #6,199 of 10,933

Quote:

Speaking of buckling springs, my Unicomp EnduraPro should be arriving tomorrow or the day after. None of this weak "tenkeyless" or "mouse" nonsense for me - I'm remapping right-shift and right-control to be mouse buttons. Huehuehue~

Definitely gonna be posting a new pic of my battlestation then (and later on, I'm planning on switching to a pair of 16:10 24" S-IPS monitors...).

ETA: that website you linked... PS/2 to USB? That is terrible. I like my NKRO, thank you very much.

-- Griffinhart

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #6,200 of 10,933

Quote:
While we're on the subject, what is the QUIETEST mechanical keyboard type? I've taken a look at this in the past, but anything except vinyl rollout keyboards made way too much noise for me to consider it "silent". I even looked at the laser display keyboard that projects onto a surface, but after research I found out it does not do well unless you "peck" type.

I am happy with the silent from my FIiclo Majestouch Brown switch.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #6,201 of 10,933

Quote:

Head: MacBook Pro (2011) --> Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 --> Shure SRH 840
Room:        "                      -->                "                  -->  Technics SU-700 Amp --> Dali Concept 2 Speakers

How are you liking the Saffire? I have the same model that I use as a DAC for a Meier Audio HA-2 MKII and for live theatre into a console. I think it is a great unit.

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #6,202 of 10,933

Quote:

Not to mention, neither of those kinds of keyboards are mechanical.

I believe any non-Blue Cherry MX switch is quiet. Black Alps are also supposed to be non-clicky, as are Topres (although Topres are hybrid capacitive, not purely mechanical).

Mechanicals are going to make some noise, though. You want absolute quietest, you're probably going to have to go with capacitives (and even those aren't going to be silent - you'd need to make your keys out of some manner of sound-absorbing material). Look into build quality - loose keys are going to be noisier simply by moving more.

-- Griffinhart

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #6,203 of 10,933

Quote:
Just wondering but are you taking chem 131 at UCSD xD

Too obvious isn't it?
bigsmile_face.gif
  It's really the class I haven't done a damn thing for so now I'm cramming for the midterm.  My quarter is just so busy and I just keep putting this class off.  Haven't gone to class since first week!

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #6,206 of 10,933

While we're on the subject, what is the QUIETEST mechanical keyboard type?

Realforce Silent (Variable). I have never typed on anything quieter. I use a Realforce 55g myself (I need the positive feedback).

Nothing special... Sony Vaio F12, Audioengine 2, Meier Concerto, T1, HD595 and DacMagic...

Looks good! Any issues with first reflections off side wall?

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #6,209 of 10,933

@ ElephantTLK

Nothing special... Sony Vaio F12, Audioengine 2, Meier Concerto, T1, HD595 and DacMagic...

Quote:
I like it!  Very cool. very simple. Very awesome! :)

I'm sold on Vaio quality. I think I will always purchase a Vaio in the future. A little more money, but well worth it.

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #6,210 of 10,933

Quote:

Realforce Silent (Variable). I have never typed on anything quieter. I use a Realforce 55g myself (I need the positive feedback).

Ugh, my only complaint about Realforce boards is that they're Topre, so they're beyond stupidly expensive. (Realforce 103s run for 270USD, Tenkeyless Silents for 350USD- wait, why am I paying more money for fewer keys?)

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back