Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
May 10, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #3,946 of 10,950

Quote:

Yes hobbyists are not really part of this discussion for that reason. But I'm surprised that the parts cost so much compared to just buying the whole thing already made, especially with such an inferior case and no OS. I prefer a total solution, complete with a guarantee that everything will work together properly. AppleCare FTW!

The savings arent seen in the initial purchase but down the road. Im a gamer for instance. I had the same CPU/Mobo/Everything for five years and I would just update my GPU. Saved a lot of money. LOL @ AppleCare. Really?

May 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #3,947 of 10,950

Quote:

Yes hobbyists are not really part of this discussion for that reason. But I'm surprised that the parts cost so much compared to just buying the whole thing already made, especially with such an inferior case and no OS. I prefer a total solution, complete with a guarantee that everything will work together properly including the software with the hardware. AppleCare FTW!

1. HAHAHA Inferior case why? Cause it doesn't look sophisticated and doesn't "attract a higher class of people" (I swear I read a apple user post that on Engadget once).
2. HAHAHA I said OS is free... It's called "EDIT: RULE 1 and 2 would be broken if I told you" baby.
3. HAHAHA There is nothing apple can do to get your data if your drive dies... That's where RAID comes in.

May 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #3,948 of 10,950

Quote:
     Quote:
The savings arent seen in the initial purchase but down the road. Im a gamer for instance. I had the same CPU/Mobo/Everything for five years and I would just update my GPU. Saved a lot of money. LOL @ AppleCare. Really?

Yes really, but only when procured via fleaBay, don't tell anyone!

But yes to gamers and system builders, I can see why you wouldn't prefer an Apple computer so you're excused.

wink_face.gif

I hope that nobody is taking this personally, I know I'm not.

May 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #3,949 of 10,950
It's so funny that people who don't like Apple products because of their price think that they can build better machines with the same amount of money but they completely miss the point that it is not about which one is cheaper or with more performance but the experience of it. 

Three years ago I had 4 friends from my class who were parroting the EXACT same arguments that are put out here by Windows users... Fast forward... Today they all own Macbook Pros and iPads... This example doesn't prove anything but I just want to say that please don't bash Apple Products until you own a Macbook or iMac for a long time. 

How interesting that I almost never hear people going back to Windows from Mac, but always people buying Macs and NEVER going back to Windows. The other day I had to use my girlfriends HP to look up something on the net. Golly I thought I was using Commodore 64 or something... As they say, once you go Mac, you never go back... I'd rather not have a computer than to buy any Windows operated computers. 

May 10, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #3,951 of 10,950

Quote:
Well, that was certainly a crazy specific scenario where you pay $1300 for a CPU, generally a $300 CPU will be extremely close to top of the line with some overclocking room as well.

I'm assuming you are talking about my post... I know that I just picked exactly what they used in it to show how much they charge for an hour of labor maybe less... My 1055t at OC to 4.0GHz would probably be close.

May 10, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #3,952 of 10,950

Quote:
1. HAHAHA Inferior case why? Cause it doesn't look sophisticated and doesn't "attract a higher class of people" (I swear I read a apple user post that on Engadget once).
2. HAHAHA I said OS is free... It's called "EDIT: RULE 1 and 2 would be broken if I told you" baby.
3. HAHAHA There is nothing apple can do to get your data if your drive dies... That's where RAID comes in.

Wow, someone needs to take a chill pill.

1. You don't seem to understand the difference between cheap plastic eMachines-type of case and a solid piece of milled aluminum, but if that is your preference good luck with it!

2. If you want to steal an unlicensed OS with usenet, that's your choice and more power to you.

3. And you obviously don't understand that Time Machine backups are not only interactive but require a separate disk drive which can even be accessed wirelessly via the LAN if that's what you desire. RAID is a good tool for redundantly archiving data locally but that's about it.

May 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #3,953 of 10,950
Quote:
It's so funny that people who don't like Apple products because of their price think that they can build better machines with the same amount of money but they completely miss the point that it is not about which one is cheaper or with more performance but the experience of it. 

What "experience"?

May 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #3,954 of 10,950
May 10, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #3,955 of 10,950
May 10, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #3,956 of 10,950

Quote:
Using one 

Would you like to elaborate on what you like more? Or do you just want to keep looking like the usual smug apple user?

Quote:
grokit said:

...the integration of software written specifically for hardware made by the same company.

Umm... I have no problems with my software... Maybe you just aren't very good at computers. In fact I find many mac programs to be VERY dumbed down which is why you might like them more.

May 10, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #3,959 of 10,950

Quote:

Wow, someone needs to take a chill pill.

1. You don't seem to understand the difference between cheap plastic eMachines-type of case and a solid piece of milled aluminum, but if that is your preference good luck with it!

2. If you want to steal an unlicensed OS with [I should learn to respect rules], that's your choice and more power to you.

3. And you obviously don't understand that Time Machine backups are not only interactive but require a separate disk drive which can even be accessed wirelessly via the LAN if that's what you desire. RAID is a good tool for redundantly archiving data locally but that's about it.

1 That case is made out of steel
2 Follow the rules bro.
3 Obviously you didn't understand that if my drive dies I don't have to do a damn thing (with exception of putting in a new drive which takes all of maybe a minute).
Quote:
Is the smug apple user honestly any worse than the bloodthirsty pc user who attacks people who prefer not to custom build their own rigs?

One stereotype deserves another.

I'm not the one defending something that shouldn't be... so yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back