Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
May 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #3,917 of 10,950
I'd have to say that a mac user is more of a conformist than a person who decides to go the custom-built pc route, because a tower computer can be tailored in so many ways.

Seriously though, calling most people who own a mac having 'no other reason' to buy one besides overmarketed beats-like mentality is a fallacious statement.  I can name a great number of people around me and other people I've talked to who would have something to say about that assumption.

Can't people buy what they like and be happy with what they like without having others continuously put them down or make false assumptions towards them?

I have never once personally attacked a person's choice in their computer, nor would I have a reason to.

May 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #3,918 of 10,950

Quote:
Or you know, every person who despises apple products to not post roll-eye smileys whenever someone posts their apple product on a forum.  That works too.

rolleyes.gif

May 10, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #3,920 of 10,950
The commercials are for converting those who already own Windoze computers and Android devices and are of course unsatisfied. And they work because Apple products provide a superior user experience. There's no need to convert those who already have awareness of this fact, which is verifiable with market surveys and stock market performance. I am currently running 3 Windoze OS's and 3 Mac OS's, and the more Windoze turns itself into a Mac OS the better it gets. But OSX is still innovating, and maintaining its lead quite handily. All Windoze can do is follow the new leader, because it will never catch up.

May 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #3,921 of 10,950
QFT!  Give the sheep a little breathing room. :)
Quote:
Seriously people, enough of the putting down for apple users.  Just post your computers.

By the way, I do think the Apple iPad 2 is a great piece of hardware and has amazing usage potential for ultra-mobile power users - there are 2 at the office and the company's founder never leaves the office without one - giving mobile presentations, meeting clients, always being in touch over 3G, it's certainly a feat of engineering to get that much power and productivity into something that thin and light.

May 10, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #3,922 of 10,950

Quote:
The commercials are for converting those who already own Windoze computers and Android devices and are of course unsatisfied. And they work because Apple products provide a superior user experience. There's no need to convert those who already have awareness of this fact, which is verifiable with market surveys and stock market performance. I am currently running 3 Windoze OS's and 3 Mac OS's, and the more Windows turns itself into a Mac OS the better it gets. But OSX is still innovating, and maintaining its lead handily. All Windoze can do is follow, it will never catch up.

care to elaborate? Genuinely curious, not trolling.

Also, I'm pro-linux.

May 10, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #3,923 of 10,950

Quote:
QFT!  Give the sheep a little breathing room. :)

Hey now, you're the one that started it!

Anyways this graph proves that Mac users are still a huge minority; if there are sheeple following the herd it's definitely the Windoze users:

This is fun! Keep setting the pins up and I will continue to knock them down 
tongue.gif

May 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #3,924 of 10,950
@KruperTrooper Real Nice still better than mine. Phenom II X4 @ 3.2Ghz, 8Gb ripjaws, GTX 480, a 160GB WD raptor, 500GB WD Caviar. I need a raid setup. 

Quote:
I'd have to say that a mac user is more of a conformist than a person who decides to go the custom-built pc route, because a tower computer can be tailored in so many ways.

Seriously though, calling most people who own a mac having 'no other reason' to buy one besides overmarketed beats-like mentality is a fallacious statement.  I can name a great number of people around me and other people I've talked to who would have something to say about that assumption.

Can't people buy what they like and be happy with what they like without having others continuously put them down or make false assumptions towards them?

I have never once personally attacked a person's choice in their computer, nor would I have a reason to.

It may just have something to do with the maturity level of the people I know but plenty of Mac owners come off as smug or give off this 'Im superior' attitude which annoys me to be honest. Im not attacking anyone who isnt an ignorant sheep that just buys the Ipad to walk around and say "I have an Ipad!" which was an overpriced watered down laptop with a touch screen. I just dont know many people who buy a Mac for the purpose of graphic design, user friendliness, or any reason besides Steve Jobs has a great marketing staff. Just personal experience. 

May 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #3,925 of 10,950

Quote:
care to elaborate? Genuinely curious, not trolling.

Also, I'm pro-linux.

Here's one example:

Windows copied Time Machine but you have to pay double for it, and it's still inferior.

May 10, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3,927 of 10,950

Quote:

Here's one example:

Windows copied Time Machine but you have to pay double for it, and it's still inferior.

What's Time Machine

EDIT: google found my answer. If you're so concerned about security, why don't you just set up RAID to protect your stuff? Oh wait, that's right. Apple charges $700 for a f**king RAID card!

next.

May 10, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3,928 of 10,950

Quote:

So that's the big knock now, smugness? Just for defending our product choice against the legion of Windoze people? You guys just hate to lose market share, and now you're grabbing at thin air.

May 10, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #3,930 of 10,950

Quote:
What's Time Machine

EDIT: google found my answer. If you're so concerned about security, why don't you just set up RAID to protect your stuff? Oh wait, that's right. Apple charges $700 for a f**king RAID card!

next.

RAID is overkill and still can't compete with Time Machine/Capsule for backup even though it's available for the Mac, just like Drobo and NAS and whatever else floats your boat. These are all archival protocols, while Time Machine is a true backup that provides an animated snapshot of your OS for any given time-point in the past for use in retrieving a file using Apple's Core Animation API.

How much does Microsoft charge for a RAID card? Oh right, they don't really make anything of note besides Xboxes these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back