Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #3,663 of 10,930

Yeah I'm most likely gonna go with the Arrow at this time. Especially since the Alo Rx has only 1 headphone out to my knowledge and it is located next to the line in, that is not very versatile and at $450.00 there is no excuse for this. I want to have the line out on one side and have my headphone in on the top of the amp as not to have all these wires in one cluttered area. I think Rob will be shipping out his Arrow 4G in June or July if I'm not correct. Not sure if the treb boost is a new feature not included on the 3G?
Quote:
lol BTW how are you liking that headstage arrow? I have pinpointed it down to either this amp or the ALO Rx for my next major portable amp upgrade. Will be using it with my Sflo 2 on the go and would like some comments if possible. Will be using my Sennheiser IE7/IE8's with them. Will probably opt for the Shure SE535 down the road and who knows what else lol.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #3,664 of 10,930
Yeah I'm most likely gonna go with the Arrow at this time. Especially since the Alo Rx has only 1 headphone out to my knowledge and it is located next to the line in, that is not very versatile and at $450.00 there is no excuse for this. I want to have the line out on one side and have my headphone in on the top of the amp as not to have all these wires in one cluttered area. I think Rob will be shipping out his Arrow 4G in June or July if I'm not correct. Not sure if the treb boost is a new feature not included on the 3G?

You should also consider the Pico Slim, from Justin at HeadAmp.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #3,665 of 10,930

Yeah I had considered the pico slim but it wouldn't be able to drive full size cans too well; although I won't be using my Dennon 5000's much away from my desktop, nonetheless I like to have more options if need be. I honestly wanted to get that Alo Rx but I can't get over the HP in and Line In being right next to each other. If there were at least 2 headphone in's I'd go with the new Rx.
Quote:
Quote:

You should also consider the Pico Slim, from Justin at HeadAmp.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #3,666 of 10,930

So I went ahead and bought this desk from Crate And Barrel. It's a really nice work of art, IMHO.

Here are some initial photos. But how do I hide the wires??? I have some straps to wrap the wires around the legs, but getting the wires from the monitor to the legs unobtrusively will be a challenge. (Yeah, I should have thought of this before I ordered the table.)

Quote:
Hello desk aficionados, what is your opinion of glass desks?

1. Is reflection or glare a problem?
  2. Is it too hard to hide wires?
  3. Are scratches or other damage a major concern?
  4. Any other problems?

I'm looking to buy this one from Crate And Barrel:

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #3,667 of 10,930
Shuttleboi,

I like the look of your table and lamp.  I would tuck the wires using your straps along the support and leg of the table to make it as unobtrusive as possible.  Now all you needs is a sleek and stylish chair to match the rig.

Cheers,
Al

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #3,668 of 10,930
The cheap way:
Move your power strip behind the monitor and fix it to the wall using cocking or heavy dual sided velcro from 3M. It looks like you have enough cable to run it along the base of the wall and straight up. You can use white tape to cover the cord and fix it to the wall or same white velcro from 3M on the wall and the back of the cable.
Expensive:
Set up a wall socket behind the monitor, you can run it from either of your sockets but will need to break/rebuild the wall.

Quote:

Here are some initial photos. But how do I hide the wires??? 

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #3,671 of 10,930
Whoa, m0ltar. Three monitors is very cool and enviable, but six?! It seems a bit overboard. What...why...how? 

And are those custom-painted Audioengine speakers? Beautiful setup all-around.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #3,673 of 10,930

Quote:
Whoa, m0ltar. Three monitors is very cool and enviable, but six?! It seems a bit overboard. What...why...how? 

And are those custom-painted Audioengine speakers? Beautiful setup all-around.

Yeah, six indeed. I do a lot of work in SSH terminals. So, having the ability to have them all open at once is nice. On top of that, I do a considerable amount of design work. As for the Bx5a's, no they are no custom painted, they were actually a special edition that M-Audio did. 

Quote:
Needs some nicer pcie cables :p.

Ha, I actually ran out of sleeving for those, so they just stay bare. The tower is actually under the desk, no one sees it anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back