Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 30, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #3,649 of 10,930
whats that thing next to your IEM's?

EDIT: also, what is the point of having multiple pairs of headphones? I dont get why you would have so many pairs if you find one that sounds good enough and just listen to that.

Mar 30, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #3,650 of 10,930

Quote:

EDIT: also, what is the point of having multiple pairs of headphones? I dont get why you would have so many pairs if you find one that sounds good enough and just listen to that.

Are you referring to his iPod Nano w/ Watchband?

Mar 30, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #3,651 of 10,930
@sluker - 
atsmile.gif
 WOW that's an impressive collection

Mar 30, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #3,653 of 10,930

Quote:

Next to my IEM's is the Nano 6g in a TikTok watch band.

If you have to ask why I "need" so many headphones, you have obviously found one that does everything for you, and I envy you. I am a bit OCD (like most people here). As a result:
  1. I have IEM's for when I am out and traveling.
  2. For long flights I use the SRH840's;
  3. At night I use the D7000.
  4. The K701 was my first pair of open phones and as most people who have owned them; they took me on a search for an amp to drive them to their full ability and educated me about desktop amps. I still use them for movies and certain types of music. 
  5. Everyone who likes rock music needs to have at least one pair of Grados, and why not the HF-2. I also have a pair of Magnum's coming at which point I may sell the HF-2, or not.
  6. Lastly, the HE5-LE is a new purchase to see if I want to go further down the Planar path.
Hope that helps to answer your "question". 

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #3,656 of 10,930

Quote:
On that note here are my latest pics in the ever evolving office system.

I hope you don't take this personally but WOW those custom molds look HUGE. Do you have big ears, or is it an optical illusion?

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #3,658 of 10,930

Dell XPS 730 overclocked to 3.4 ghz, had it at 3.8 before. 30 & 27 inch Ultra Sharp Monitors (2560 X 1600, 1920 X 1200). Sorry about the mess guys :wink: High res pictures make that more apparent lol. Z5500 5.1 Speakers

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #3,659 of 10,930

lol BTW how are you liking that headstage arrow? I have pinpointed it down to either this amp or the ALO Rx for my next major portable amp upgrade. Will be using it with my Sflo 2 on the go and would like some comments if possible. Will be using my Sennheiser IE7/IE8's with them. Will probably opt for the Shure SE535 down the road and who knows what else lol.
Quote:

I don't think my ears are big.
Anyhow, my mom always told me it was not the size of your ears but how you used them.

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #3,660 of 10,930
I think the Arrow is still the best deal in portable amps. I previously had the Rx and sold it once I compared it to the Arrow. I was using the Rx  with the Sflo mostly and there was negligible improvement. However, with the arrow there is improvement in clarity and I love the bass boost. The "giant" IEM's are in fact reshelled SE530's and the Sflo+Arrow (bass boost I)+SE530 are my favorite portable combo for long flights and coffee shops.
However, I do hear that the new ALO Rx MKII is much improved but at twice the size and $150 more I don't see myself switching back.

Quote:
lol BTW how are you liking that headstage arrow? I have pinpointed it down to either this amp or the ALO Rx for my next major portable amp upgrade. Will be using it with my Sflo 2 on the go and would like some comments if possible. Will be using my Sennheiser IE7/IE8's with them. Will probably opt for the Shure SE535 down the road and who knows what else lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back