[Pictorial + Impression] FiiO E5 *Sample vs. Final Product*
Dec 14, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand, but as a general point from what you are saying the gain settings of the E5 at max volume = the same volume of the E3 which obviously had no gain settings.

If you could detail any further SQ differences between the E3 and the E5 it would also be apreciated.

Just patiently waiting for my E5 to get here. Still using the E3 which honestly sounds pretty decent with a Zune30 + Atrio M5 V2.

E3 does have prefixed gain setting. It is 2.5 IIRC.

The major different comparing E3 and E5 (in bass mode) is E3 has a warmer / fuller bass. E5 bass boost is clearer, less coloration. On the other hand E5 in bass mode has better detail / treble extension.

So if you are looking for a bigger fuller warmer bass, than E3 will probably be better for you. but if you are looking for an better, more balanced sound, the E5 is the way to go.

Dec 17, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E3 does have prefixed gain setting. It is 2.5 IIRC.

The major different comparing E3 and E5 (in bass mode) is E3 has a warmer / fuller bass. E5 bass boost is clearer, less coloration. On the other hand E5 in bass mode has better detail / treble extension.

So if you are looking for a bigger fuller warmer bass, than E3 will probably be better for you. but if you are looking for an better, more balanced sound, the E5 is the way to go.

Thnks for the information. However for the price of both right now i bought both. Hmm i can imagine myself changing amps with different music styles

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #35 of 58
RE0's bass does have good impact, buts lack overall body. E5 bass boost is able to give it more warmness and fullness which makes it more enjoyable.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #36 of 58
Love to hear that...
smily_headphones1.gif

My package just got shipped.

Unfortunately I don't understand
"bass does have good impact, buts lack overall body."

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #37 of 58
I have an iPod Touch 1g and am planning on the following setup ->

ipod > e5 (via 3.5-3.5) > phonak pfe

Any idea if the e5 is gonna be worthwhile in there?

Thanks

(I was thinking grey filters + bassboost should tone out things good?) (no, I just can't afford a LOD if I get the e5)

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #38 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhangam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an iPod Touch 1g and am planning on the following setup ->

ipod > e5 (via 3.5-3.5) > phonak pfe

Any idea if the e5 is gonna be worthwhile in there?

Thanks

(I was thinking grey filters + bassboost should tone out things good?) (no, I just can't afford a LOD if I get the e5)

Not much benefit just a huge reduction of hiss.

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not much benefit just a huge reduction of hiss.

So, I should just cut out the fiio and get only the phonaks?

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #41 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus_hunt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I don't understand
"bass does have good impact, buts lack overall body."

It is like this: you can hear every stroke the drum makes and feel the initial impact, but you can't feel the resonance that should have followed behind (which shows the body of the initial impact). It makes you feel like the bass beat decays too quickly.

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #43 of 58
Does anyone have a E5 and Sony S-638/738? I'm pretty happy with the output from my 738 so far, and wondering whether E5 will provide any noticeable difference to be worth it. Of course, I understand that it generally differs from person to person as well, I'm just looking for opinions from people.

Oh, I'm using my S-738 with my Grado SR-80 for the most part with a flat eq and one notch up on the bass boost. I like the little extra oomph, but I'm by no means a bass head, I'm finding I really like the "Grado sound". Of course my experience is fairly limited so far, but all I can say is I found it hard to use my ue sf5pro after using the Grado. I even prefer the KSC-75 over my sf5pro now because I like how much clearer and open it sounds, and the bass is much more controlled. Although, I do recall hearing that the sf5pro and SR-80 both benefit from a nice amp. I wonder whether the E5 is good enough to provide that difference (ok, I'm starting to ramble now :) )

Yeah it's "just $25" but that's "just $25" I can be spending on parts for the diy imod I wanna do :) so any comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back