[Pictorial + Impression] FiiO E5 *Sample vs. Final Product*
Nov 22, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 58
There a few places the sell E3: Jaben.net (you have to send email to ask for it), mp4nation.net, dealextreme.com, head-direct.com (there are dealer in Thailand and New Sealand too). There are a few flouting on eBay as well, but their price very.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #18 of 58
Impression updated on first page with E5 sample vs. final production!

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #19 of 58
Clie, as always, great review and thank you for the extensive write-up and FR pictures. I really like how they flattened out it's response in the final production unit. Making it more like the original curve makes me excited to try these out with my er4p as an er4s and see how it works out! Thanks again!

Also, I can't really complain since I'm getting this thing for 3 bucks! Yahtzee!

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 58
So in short even at it's loudest the E5 final sample has less hiss than the E3?

Also at what volume do you have to set it on the E5 for it to match the volume of the E3?

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 58
I hope Apple doesnt sue them like they do to nearly everyone..because E5 compliments iPod Touch as its flatter and wider as compared to E3.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #22 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So in short even at it's loudest the E5 final sample has less hiss than the E3?

Yes, E5 is slightly less hiss at its loudest in comparison with E3, and the hiss gets lower as you lower the volume.
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also at what volume do you have to set it on the E5 for it to match the volume of the E3?

I think the gain setting on both are about the same. So max volume setting both will give about the same volume. But E5 performs better on more difficult-to-drive headphone.

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #23 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, E5 is slightly less hiss at its loudest in comparison with E3, and the hiss gets lower as you lower the volume.

I think the gain setting on both are about the same. So max volume setting both will give about the same volume. But E5 performs better on more difficult-to-drive headphone.

So in comparison to the E3 the volume control of the E5 really only lowers the volume from the max setting?

So E3 = E5 at loudest volume setting?

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #24 of 58
Just because they have the same gain setting doesn't mean they are equal of each other.

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #27 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just because they have the same gain setting doesn't mean they are equal of each other.

I understand, but as a general point from what you are saying the gain settings of the E5 at max volume = the same volume of the E3 which obviously had no gain settings.

If you could detail any further SQ differences between the E3 and the E5 it would also be apreciated.

Just patiently waiting for my E5 to get here. Still using the E3 which honestly sounds pretty decent with a Zune30 + Atrio M5 V2.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #28 of 58
Thanks for putting up the E5 Sample vs Final comparison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back