Pics of my new Little Dot Mk3
Jun 30, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it does Penchum, that is what I am using to connect to my amp.

Cool. I thought they all had that jack.
smily_headphones1.gif
I used mine for coaxial output for a while with my first Zero, then bought the I/O drive for it, so I could have both coaxial and optical out at the same time, to cover my other Zero.
smily_headphones1.gif

All in all, it works great. I'm not sure if there is anything to gain by going USB/DAC, when you have coaxial available. Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #63 of 69
Thanks for the tip, I will have to cross the usb dacs off my imaginary list lol. I actually might invest in the zero dac, but I think the Zhaolu and Citypulse entice me more, although they do carry a hefty price tag.

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip, I will have to cross the usb dacs off my imaginary list lol. I actually might invest in the zero dac, but I think the Zhaolu and Citypulse entice me more, although they do carry a hefty price tag.

Yep, isn't that how thing go!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #67 of 69
Great mini review Enthusia!

I believe investing in a DAC (usb or not) is a must, if u want to get the fullest out of your music. While an amp does contribute to "making the sound more enjoyable," the primary job of an amp is to amplify a signal. If its a bad signal, the amplified result will also be not as on par. That's why whenever people ask my advice on what to get/upgrade after they got some nice headphones, i always tell them "DAC first."

Now that u have a LD MK3, u need a good DAC. When u discover the magic between your MK3 and a well synergized DAC, your music experience will be forever changed. In my earliest MKIII review, I've had very good experience with the Beresford. Today, im using the EMU0404, and that is very well matched. One thing i really enjoy the EMU over many USB/optical DAC (including the KECES) is that it offers true balanced output. When you do decide to dip ur toes into the balanced category, ull be happy u have an EMU on hand.

Oh, and one more thing, sorry about ur wallet!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe investing in a DAC (usb or not) is a must, if u want to get the fullest out of your music. While an amp does contribute to "making the sound more enjoyable," the primary job of an amp is to amplify a signal. If its a bad signal, the amplified result will also be not as on par.

I agree. You know the old cliche: The chain is strong as it's weakest link.

@Enthusia

Congratulations on your purchase! My MkIII is on the way... Just can't wait to get it!
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #69 of 69

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Christ, people...stay on topic.

"Is that Curel lotion on your bookshelf? Do you use it for it's moisturizing properties or to masturbate? I see you like Metal Gear...are you excited about MG4? Hey! We use the same canned air and gaming pad! Neat!"

Lol...

I do like the Little Dot...not so little once you get it, is it? I want to pick up a MKIVse to pair with my MKV, but that's a long way off...

And yeah...if you can, move it away from the PC, the vibes will kill your enjoyment of the amp quicker than your PC will kill YOU...

Wait, what lotion, there is no lotion. I don't know what your talking about. But I am very excited for MGS4 although I do not have a PS3
mad.gif
since I just spent it on a denon d2000 and a little dot mkIII. I don't know, you tell me which is the better buy. As for the mousepad, I can't live without it, especially for cs.

I am really sorry to bump an old thread like this, but this post.. wow. I am in tears. Made my day
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back