pics of my new 15GB ipod!
May 2, 2003 at 6:55 PM Post #46 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by Ruahrc
Great pictures, nice camera too
smily_headphones1.gif

Youre making me think about upgrading now, the new one is quite a bit smaller it seems.

I see they include port covers- that's some really great stuff. Nice touch IMO.

Now about the dock- from the looks of it, it appears to be pretty small. Is it sturdy though? Like is it a nice quality weighted dock that won't slide around or is it just some flimsy plastic thing?

Ruahrc

haha.. yes, the dock is very heavy.. Look at the pic of the underside of the dock. The whole thing is RUBBER. I can put it in a table, and tilt the table 45 degrees w/o it sliding off. Very nicely engineered

May 2, 2003 at 8:42 PM Post #47 of 101
I asked a guy at Compusa if they had the new iPod in and he said yes, I think we do, and was about to get one for me when another woman comes running over, screeches to a halt, and says "Not till 6 o'clock!" Aaaagggghhhhhh. Now I have to deal with traffic and parking to get to the Apple store tonight. They guy gave me a "sorry, but I would have done it" look. The misery of waiting...........
frown.gif

May 2, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #48 of 101
Hehe I was at the apple store just having a look-see because I was waiting for some matte to get cut next door- and this salesman had the new 10GB iPod. Got to play around with it for a while, the touch buttons take some getting used to because you only need a light tap- but holding it in my hand it felt great, I have to resist the urge to upgrade to the newer models
wink.gif

They didn't have a dock on them but thanks for the info!

Ruahrc

May 2, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #50 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by stan23
it does charge. you just need to plug the other end of the firewire cable to the chager.

just picked mine up today. i am charging mine on the docking station plugged into my firewire port. seems to be charging fine. as long as your firewire port supports power, the docking station will charge the iPod when it is un-docked. no need to unplug the fire wire port and plug it into the supplied ac adapter.

May 2, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #51 of 101
I have a very current Toshiba notebook that has an intergrated Firewire socket. What are the chances of it being a powered firewire socket?

May 2, 2003 at 11:47 PM Post #52 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
I have a very current Toshiba notebook that has an intergrated Firewire socket. What are the chances of it being a powered firewire socket?

Slim to nil. For some dumb reason they don't include a 6 pin socket on laptops, just the mini 4. The newer models should start comgin with the 6 pin vareity soon. At leat I hope so.

May 2, 2003 at 11:54 PM Post #53 of 101
ok just looked at mine and it has 4 pins on it. So I guess its unpowered.

May 3, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #54 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
ok just looked at mine and it has 4 pins on it. So I guess its unpowered.

yup. you will have to unplug the firewire cable and plug it into the provided wall socket adapter. or, buy an additional cable. with my old 20gig iPod, i had a belkin firewire cable permanently attached to my pc and i used the factory Apple firewire cable / wall socket adapter to charge it. i am a little weary that my ipod is getting enough power from my pc power supply. the current must run through the motherboard and to the firewire card. maybe it would be better to charge it via a straight connection to a wall socket? anyone have comments on this? i have an antec tower with the 330watt "true power" power supply along with a tyan dual amd motherboard.

May 3, 2003 at 12:11 AM Post #55 of 101
you'll be fine. I use my PC to charge my ipod all the time. Esp. when i'm contemplating which albums to load next.

I think the only accessorie i'm getting is another firewire cable, and a new case. The apple supplied one sucks big time.

May 3, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #56 of 101
ill probably pick up another firewire cable, and possibly the battery pack. ive had the pod on the charger for 2 hours now and it is still counting up bars.

have you seen any good cases yet? i hope iSkin releases one soon. i loved the iSkin case on my old pod.

May 3, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #57 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by k.double
yup. you will have to unplug the firewire cable and plug it into the provided wall socket adapter. or, buy an additional cable. with my old 20gig iPod, i had a belkin firewire cable permanently attached to my pc and i used the factory Apple firewire cable / wall socket adapter to charge it. i am a little weary that my ipod is getting enough power from my pc power supply. the current must run through the motherboard and to the firewire card. maybe it would be better to charge it via a straight connection to a wall socket? anyone have comments on this? i have an antec tower with the 330watt "true power" power supply along with a tyan dual amd motherboard.

mine charges fine and i'm running *A LOT* of HW.

P4 2.0
Cheetah X15
Adaptec 39160 dual channel SCSI Card
Plex 40X reader
Plex 12X burner
Pioneer A-05 DVD-R
2 X IBM 120GB IDE

all on a 275 watt pc and power cooling "silencer" ps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back