pics of my new 15GB ipod!
May 2, 2003 at 5:28 AM Post #31 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
My friend just pointed something out to me. The 10 gig doesn't come with the docking cradle. Not that it's the most important thing in the world, but by principle alone, I'm pissed. They have nerve charging 4 bills for 15 gigs. And to insult people they make them pay 100 bucks more for the stupid cradle ? It should be at least 20 gigs, rather than 15 for 400 bills man.....

Now Im kinda sore..and don't want to give that person my money....I think he's no better than Gates, that rat fink person.

OMG !@ He also just told me that it doesn't come with the remote ??!! what a bunch of mother fu#$$^%@$^%!@$%!^!

Forget it..they can kiss my sweet white ass. I'm throwing my money away somewhere else.

Man, i totally agree with you. Had the 10GB come with the cradle, and cost $299, then I would be completely sold..

Wouldn't it be a lot cooler, if you could actually piece together your ipod kit? Just like ordering a computer from dell or something.

I would take:

30GB ipod
Cradle
Charger

--THATS IT--

keep your stinking headphones, software license, useless case, and fancy remote.

May 2, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #32 of 101
REally nice looking iPod you got there. 15GB also, man you could store like 1,000,000,000 songs on that thing, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #33 of 101
Stan, how many songs can you store in your new 15 GB Ipod using the 320Kbs compression that you're using? Does it take long to load a song?

May 2, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #34 of 101
i've been up re-encoding all my CDs.. so far, i've got about 1600 songs loaded and with 5.2GB left.

Granted a lot of my CDs i loaded were 192Kps.

It takes about 12 seconds to load 100MB (general size for a full album)

May 2, 2003 at 11:15 AM Post #36 of 101
nm, i'm an idiot

May 2, 2003 at 12:49 PM Post #37 of 101
having seen these photos i am so tempted to ditch my MD stuff and get an iPod. probably a 10 gig. (i donlt want no remote if it ain't got a display)

someone at my college has the old school 5gigger and i thought that was teny.

imagine the size of this thing!

plus you can get words engraved on the back if you buy from apple in the uk.

however, i have concerns.

battery life.

8 hours is enough for me per day, but say i'm away from home for a bit.

is there a way to charge the unit without plugging it into your computer? it says it comes with an a/c adapter, so this may be a stupid question.....

it also says it comes with a pc firewire adapter... useful, no need to by a seperate card.

also, replacement batteries, when it eventually goes kaputski, do people think that batteries will be availible to buy, as they are now?

*stamps feet* i want one!

May 2, 2003 at 1:46 PM Post #38 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by Dweebgal
having seen these photos i am so tempted to ditch my MD stuff and get an iPod. probably a 10 gig. (i donlt want no remote if it ain't got a display)

someone at my college has the old school 5gigger and i thought that was teny.

imagine the size of this thing!

plus you can get words engraved on the back if you buy from apple in the uk.

however, i have concerns.

battery life.

8 hours is enough for me per day, but say i'm away from home for a bit.

is there a way to charge the unit without plugging it into your computer? it says it comes with an a/c adapter, so this may be a stupid question.....

it also says it comes with a pc firewire adapter... useful, no need to by a seperate card.

also, replacement batteries, when it eventually goes kaputski, do people think that batteries will be availible to buy, as they are now?

*stamps feet* i want one!

Yes, they have an Apple car charger (must purchase separately) and AC adapter. I read somewhere that somebody modded a battery pack to charge the iPod with as well, if the need ever came up.

Yes, there were replacement batteries for the first 2 generation's iPod.

I'm not sure if these use the same batteries, but I'm quite sure that people will find replacement batteries. I read somewhere that the battery was made to last at least a few years, so by then, I'm sure you'd want to upgrade to the newer iPods out.

May 2, 2003 at 1:47 PM Post #39 of 101
stan23, when you plug these into the dock, do you also get computer support as well? One thing that kind of annoys me about this version iPod is that when it's plugged into the computer, I can't play songs directly off of it.

May 2, 2003 at 2:18 PM Post #40 of 101
So, do you just plug the firewire cable right into the AC adapter? that's pretty cool actually. I think the ideal situation would be to buy another dock, and have the AC adapter plugged into that, with a line out going to my stereo, and then have the first dock sitting next to my computer. That way it would be charging whether I was listening to it in my stereo, or syncing it with my computer, Wow, I can't wait, my mom just suggested an iPod as a graduation present. Now I actually have a reason to graduate
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #41 of 101
Wait...the cradle ISN'T the charger ? I thought it was. Exactly how many functions does the cradle serve ?

I can understand not wanting the remote, cause it's pretty useless...but if they came out with one that had an LCD and that you could use for every function, I'd be so hooked.

May 2, 2003 at 5:51 PM Post #42 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
stan23, when you plug these into the dock, do you also get computer support as well? One thing that kind of annoys me about this version iPod is that when it's plugged into the computer, I can't play songs directly off of it.

yes, if you 'eject' the device in windows, you can leave it plugged into the computer and play music while having it plugged in. One of the little unnoticed improvements.

May 2, 2003 at 5:53 PM Post #43 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
Wait...the cradle ISN'T the charger ? I thought it was. Exactly how many functions does the cradle serve ?

I can understand not wanting the remote, cause it's pretty useless...but if they came out with one that had an LCD and that you could use for every function, I'd be so hooked.

it does charge. you just need to plug the other end of the firewire cable to the chager.

May 2, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #44 of 101
Great pictures, nice camera too
smily_headphones1.gif

Youre making me think about upgrading now, the new one is quite a bit smaller it seems.

I see they include port covers- that's some really great stuff. Nice touch IMO.

Now about the dock- from the looks of it, it appears to be pretty small. Is it sturdy though? Like is it a nice quality weighted dock that won't slide around or is it just some flimsy plastic thing?

Ruahrc

May 2, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #45 of 101
Any Easter Eggs in this one ? I'm guessing yes. The old one is breakout right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back