Phonak Audeo?
Jan 29, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #618 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! I think I'm staying with the Grey filters because they sound most balanced to me. At times the Black are too bassy...and I'm used to ER4 so that might explain.
icon10.gif

Welcome to Team PA!

beerchug.gif

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I've not used the black filters yet to be honnest, but i'm feeling very comfortable with the grey ones so why changing their nature?
I've listened to a couple of dirty south rap tracks and the Phonaks handled them pretty well, bass was really tight. I feel like a good phone should sound well with all genres and that's the feeling i get with the Phonaks (i'm not metal listener though).

By the way don't you think Shure foam tips might help getting more volume? I've not tried the stock ones but that's something i just thought of...

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #621 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered a pair of Phonak...

In regard to the filters, do they come with a set installed from the factory, or do you have to insert your desired filter upon opening the box?

Mine came with two sets of gray and two sets of black. One of the gray sets was preinstalled.

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #622 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine came with two sets of gray and two sets of black. One of the gray sets was preinstalled.

Yup, you get two sets of each, and the grey's are preinstalled.

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #623 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I've not used the black filters yet to be honnest, but i'm feeling very comfortable with the grey ones so why changing their nature?
I've listened to a couple of dirty south rap tracks and the Phonaks handled them pretty well, bass was really tight. I feel like a good phone should sound well with all genres and that's the feeling i get with the Phonaks (i'm not metal listener though).

By the way don't you think Shure foam tips might help getting more volume? I've not tried the stock ones but that's something i just thought of...

I have tried olives, and they do sound a little louder, but the included Comply tips are IMHO louder, more comfortable. But also I used a deeper insertion for the Complys, and am now trying the medium silicon inserted deeper, and that sounds very good also (and louder with the deeper insertion).

And I do think they sound very good with all genres.

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #624 of 2,281
I finally finished reading this whole forum, jeez 42 pages of glory, my pfes will be here Saturday.
Fyi I was one of those people who made a forum asking what IEM to get, but unlike some, I listened to the suggestions and ordered the pfes

Question, has anyone tried squeezing ety triple flanges on them? Trying to optimize isolation. Thanks guys looking forward to Saturday when I get my fedex box

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #625 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by marshes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally finished reading this whole forum, jeez 42 pages of glory, my pfes will be here Saturday.
Fyi I was one of those people who made a forum asking what IEM to get, but unlike some, I listened to the suggestions and ordered the pfes

Question, has anyone tried squeezing ety triple flanges on them? Trying to optimize isolation. Thanks guys looking forward to Saturday when I get my fedex box

Welcome to the PFE club, they are great for the money.

I have tried triple flanges made by Roadrunner (I think), but for me they muffled the sound. Not sure about other triple flanges, but the Comply works the best for me. Olives also work, and if it wasn't for the treble being slightly harsh with the included silicon tips, I would use those.

Also check here: Phonak Audeo Owners - Which Tips

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #626 of 2,281
I haven't switched from grey filters yet...

They came pre-installed... and it's been such bliss... I figure why mess with excellence!

Maybe I'll switch them out later...

Thinking about ordering some large comply's though...

nG

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #627 of 2,281
I just received my Phonaks so I've been listening. So far, first impressions, its way better than q-jays. Haven't tried the black filters yet since with the grays, the mids and highs just sound so good with the complys. Also they are incredibly light and comfortable, you forget they are there (and the silicone behind the ear wire casing is a very nice touch). Well worth the measly $125 i paid for them, cheaper than my q-jays cost me
tongue.gif
And everyone's description of the sound was right on. The mids and highs are very clear, and while there isn't a whole lot of bass with the gray filters what bass there is is very controlled.

Edit: Trying the black filters now. It gives the PFEs a bit more darker more full bodied presence, which is a nice change actually. So for me, gray is clearer while black is darker. Makes sense, kind of like grado vs senn (with the Complys anyway)
tongue.gif

I think I'll stick with the black filters for now. Also to note, I do like the case they give you. It has 2 pockets, I use one for all the accessories and the other for the phones themselves
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #628 of 2,281
How are the bass on these?
Will they deliver a punch?
I'm not a basshead but I like the presence of bass and a punch every once in a while. How would you compare the bass in terms of quantity to the marshmallows? I'm assuming that the quality is FAR greater so could someone please tell me about the quanitity.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #629 of 2,281
yes, these punch quite well with the black filters. They aren't exactly basshead phones (i guess you can EQ it) but the bass quality is superb. Haven't tried marshmallows but the bass is better than Philips SHE9500 that I had for awhile. Quantity also relies heavily on the actual recording of the music your playing. If there isn't a lot then there won't be a lot, unlike a lot of other phones that kind of adds artificial quantities of bass when there really isn't.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #630 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, these punch quite well with the black filters. They aren't exactly basshead phones (i guess you can EQ it) but the bass quality is superb. Haven't tried marshmallows but the bass is better than Philips SHE9500 that I had for awhile. Quantity also relies heavily on the actual recording of the music your playing. If there isn't a lot then there won't be a lot, unlike a lot of other phones that kind of adds artificial quantities of bass when there really isn't.

Thanks. Yeah its not that I want so much bass but I just want to hear it when a song I have has a heavy bass line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back