Phonak Audeo?
Jan 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #601 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These don't require burn in as they are armature drivers (at least I didn't notice any changes in sound in mine). The biggest changes come from which tip fits and the filters.

To me, the grey had too much treble, as you can see in the chart for the frequency response (in dfkt's review and on the Phonak website). With the black filters, the entire spectrum is pretty flat and sounds that way to me.

I agree about the silicon holders, I used them for a little bit, but now don't.

For me, once I figured out the best tip (included Complys)/ear configuration these things really began to shine!

X2.

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #602 of 2,281
Anyone using the Phonaks with a RSA Mustang amp? I just ordered a pair of Phonaks and I'm thinking of getting a quality amp to go with them. Considering the reviews on both I would think it would be a pretty great combo.

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #603 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GungaDin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone using the Phonaks with a RSA Mustang amp? I just ordered a pair of Phonaks and I'm thinking of getting a quality amp to go with them. Considering the reviews on both I would think it would be a pretty great combo.

Maybe someone could start another thread about PFE/Amp combos, or other sources such as sound cards, DAC/Amps, players, etc.

Or just post it here, as I keep up with this thread. But when looking at a thread from the start that has 1000s of posts, it is hard for me to find specifics (unless I remember to bookmark).

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #604 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These don't require burn in as they are armature drivers (at least I didn't notice any changes in sound in mine). The biggest changes come from which tip fits and the filters.

To me, the grey had too much treble, as you can see in the chart for the frequency response (in dfkt's review and on the Phonak website). With the black filters, the entire spectrum is pretty flat and sounds that way to me.

I agree about the silicon holders, I used them for a little bit, but now don't.

For me, once I figured out the best tip (included Complys)/ear configuration these things really began to shine!

well if i remember correctly custom-3's had two armature drivers, and that definitely sounded different before and after burn in...and stuff i read in other forums confirmed that (i.e. not me hearing things :p)

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #605 of 2,281
That's true re the threads with high post counts. I love the thoroughness and detail of the reviews and conversations here but it does get hard sometimes to sort through the longer threads. I'll go ahead and start an Phonak/amp thread.

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #606 of 2,281
They sound good with my Woo6, iBasso T4, Headsix... so basically they aren't picky with amps, same as with sources, IMO.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #607 of 2,281
Just got my Phonaks, one word: amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't get all these problems about volume, i got well enough volume on my Clip. I'm like at 60% volume all the time, it doesn't require much more power than my UM1. And the Clip drives them almost perfectly, it's just a bit more detailed and clean on my laptop, but they're balanced the same way.
Oh by the way, i'm using grey filters, great balance to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #609 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear. I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait
tongue.gif

Mine just got put on a truck and it's on the way! Should be here in the next couple hours or so. So excited!
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #610 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't get all these problems about volume, i got well enough volume on my Clip. I'm like at 60% volume all the time, it doesn't require much more power than my UM1. And the Clip drives them almost perfectly, it's just a bit more detailed and clean on my laptop, but they're balanced the same way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats! I think I'm staying with the Grey filters because they sound most balanced to me. At times the Black are too bassy...and I'm used to ER4 so that might explain.
icon10.gif

Welcome to Team PA!

beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #611 of 2,281
has anybody here compared this to RE0? I got my Phonaks btw but just curious if I'm still missing something compared to the RE0. It has good reviews also. nevertheless, PA PF112 sounds real and balanced. i'm pretty satisfied with what i am getting from this phones.
atsmile.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #612 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! I think I'm staying with the Grey filters because they sound most balanced to me. At times the Black are too bassy...and I'm used to ER4 so that might explain.
icon10.gif

Welcome to Team PA!

beerchug.gif

Just got mine too about an hour ago (First IEMs! yay), and while I do agree that the grey filters are balanced, the black ones are more of my preference, since I do like that little boost in bass.

I absolutely love the PFEs, definitely worth the money.

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #613 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

Welcome to Team PA!

beerchug.gif

Do you like them better than the ER4? I read through the thread and can't remember if you mentioned it

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #614 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you like them better than the ER4? I read through the thread and can't remember if you mentioned it

I believe I only made one or two quick comments but the other night I did a quick comparison where I attempted to put into words my thoughts on the outcome.

The short answer: yes, I like the Phonaks better than Ety.

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #615 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

X2 on the grey filters and volume. The Black filters are where I have noitced the need to push the volume dial really high.

I like the Grey filters too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back