Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jul 11, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #1,696 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by jawor121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has any one heard Ipod video/touch 2gen together with Audeo?I am considering to buy new earphones now and thought about them.

You can check my profile to see what I'm able to pair with the PFE. Unlike some people, I find the iPod Classic(6G) and iPod touch(1G) to sound very good overall and certainly fine with the PFE. I do amp these players but an amp is not a must for the PFE.

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #1,698 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by jawor121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has any one heard Ipod video/touch 2gen together with Audeo?I am considering to buy new earphones now and thought about them.

I used the PFEs with the Touch 2G, and like GreatDane, I am also of the opinion that that Touch HP out sounds pretty good, whatever anyone else may believe. I did find that I had to crank the volume up a bit for the PFEs, but that was true of the clip too. When I used the T4 amp and the LOD with the Touch, the PFEs really sounded great. I only sold them because I am using the Westone 3s pretty much all the time now.

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #1,699 of 3,305
I'm sending mine back for a refund shortly. Loved them, as well as their sound, but until they reformulate their cable I will stick with other options. On the plus side, the sound was great and their customer service seems unmatched.

Jul 13, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #1,700 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the PFEs with the Touch 2G, and like GreatDane, I am also of the opinion that that Touch HP out sounds pretty good, whatever anyone else may believe. I did find that I had to crank the volume up a bit for the PFEs, but that was true of the clip too. When I used the T4 amp and the LOD with the Touch, the PFEs really sounded great. I only sold them because I am using the Westone 3s pretty much all the time now.

Hello,
I am using the PFEs with a D2 Boa, and an LOD connected to the Touch 2G. I think the sound really is amazing, but the Bottom end with out Bass Boost on is pretty weak. There are times when the Bass boost distorts the overall sound. I am curious when you had the PFEs did you use the bass boost on the Touch 2G? I forgot to mention that I am using the gray filters. The black filters are way to muddy.

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #1,701 of 3,305
No, I used the bass boost on the MiniboxE+ and T4 amps, and black filters, not on the Touch. I kept the EQ off. I just found the black filters preferable to the gray from the start. It's pretty common with PFE owners, gray and black, like ice cream flavor preferences.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #1,702 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sending mine back for a refund shortly. Loved them, as well as their sound, but until they reformulate their cable I will stick with other options. On the plus side, the sound was great and their customer service seems unmatched.

Why? What's wrong with the cables?

I just ordered one earlier today, so they'll be at my doorstep tomorrow morning.. I was taking a risk, since my other option as the IE7, but I decided from all the positive reviews here that an amp'd PFE would sound much better.

I hope the PFE doesn't have total quality issues, since I'm coming from 1st gen Vibes, I don't want similar experiences.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #1,704 of 3,305
The cable gets hard relatively quickly and is prone to cracking. Should be okay if you wipe it down after each use.. I hope. Mine got really hard near the earpieces after a short amount of usage, and finally cracked earlier this week.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #1,705 of 3,305
Quote:

The cable gets hard relatively quickly and is prone to cracking. Should be okay if you wipe it down after each use.. I hope. Mine got really hard near the earpieces after a short amount of usage, and finally cracked earlier this week.

Hmm, that's not too bad as long as it's not cracking right by the buds.

I guess wrapping the cables in some cross-stitched nylon could help?

ZBUDP-07.jpg

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #1,706 of 3,305
Well, mine cracked like.. maybe 1-2 inches from where the earpiece is, where it loops around your ear. Phonak has top notch customer service though, so if you run into any problems they will definitely take care of it. Hopefully they have a reformulated cable out soon.

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #1,707 of 3,305
tongue.gif
Quote:

Well, mine cracked like.. maybe 1-2 inches from where the earpiece is, where it loops around your ear. Phonak has top notch customer service though, so if you run into any problems they will definitely take care of it. Hopefully they have a reformulated cable out soon.

funny u should say that i emailed them 3 times already as my cable cracked as well. They still havent responded to one email its been about 4 days.

Update: they contacted me today and replacement was already sent out . Emails weren't going thru for sone reason. Top notch customer service I tell ya!!! Thanks again!!

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #1,708 of 3,305
Are you sure it's not going to a spam filter or being blocked? Also, did you use the thing on the site? They responded to me in under 12 hours and offered me a refund no questions asked. I sent them an e-mail Sunday night and had a response by noon monday.

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #1,709 of 3,305
Quote:

Are you sure it's not going to a spam filter or being blocked? Also, did you use the thing on the site? They responded to me in under 12 hours and offered me a refund no questions asked. I sent them an e-mail Sunday night and had a response by noon monday.

yes i sent email both ways thru site and regular email link

do they have a customer service telephone number?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back