Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 19, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #751 of 3,305
hmm good idea.. i'm thinking of velcro'ing the front of the e5 to the back of the fuze case... but i'm wondering if i clip the e5 to my belt, will the velcro be strong enough to hold the weight of the fuze?

Mar 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #753 of 3,305
How large the PFE's..meaning how much do they protrude from the ear? Any pictures with them in the ear?

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #754 of 3,305
Hey guys, discovered this site yesterday after my razer m100 protone IEMs broke and I'm really leaning towards these. Only thing is, I mainly listen to techno/dance and some hardstyle and I was wondering how well the phonaks work for that genre? I've seen mixed views on this so far. If these are bad, what do you reccomend for that style of music.

Thanks

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #755 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How large the PFE's..meaning how much do they protrude from the ear? Any pictures with them in the ear?

phonak-PB130017.jpg

Mar 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #757 of 3,305
I absolutely friggin love the PFEs! I mentioned in another thread that I had the UE SF5 Pros, but they were never comfortable to me. I guess that's what made me swear off IEMs. But I received my PFEs yesterday, & they fit very well. They make me want to reconsider IEMs.

While I do like the PFE's sound quality unamped, I'm thinking about adding the E5 to my workout rig too. I like the ultraportability of the Clip, but I'm not quite sure how to keep the E5 & the Clip together without having to put them in an armband. I usually keep the Clip attached to the front neck of my shirt while working out. Maybe the armband thing would be better to protect the rig anyway.

Mar 19, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #759 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by westrella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the ultraportability of the Clip, but I'm not quite sure how to keep the E5 & the Clip together without having to put them in an armband.

Remove the clip from the... Clip, use double stick tape, velcro, or poster tack to attach the E5 to the Clip. Use the clip of the E5. That's what I'm intending to do.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #760 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, discovered this site yesterday after my razer m100 protone IEMs broke and I'm really leaning towards these. Only thing is, I mainly listen to techno/dance and some hardstyle and I was wondering how well the phonaks work for that genre? I've seen mixed views on this so far. If these are bad, what do you reccomend for that style of music.

Thanks

Hi,
I dont listen to dance that much, but from what i have heard on my phonaks, it sounds great
smily_headphones1.gif
However, if you think you are a basshead, you may not like them as much as i do(imo they DONT lack bass).

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #761 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neither did the official Phonak supermodel guy, as it seems.
wink.gif

audeo_listen.jpg

EDIT: If I would wear the PFE like that I wouldn't get a seal at all.

That's how mine fits with the complys.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #762 of 3,305
Just a odd question to other owners,

Do you find that after after listening to these that after a few hours at loud volume that sometimes the sound level really drops off and that the only way to fix is remove reinstall filters?

I also found fo me the best seal so far was to cut in half the med comply and install each half in the large silicone ear tips kinda odd I know but works great for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #763 of 3,305
Never had that sound drop issue, but I listen to my PFEs amped 99 percent of the time. That is weird, about the filters. Nothing weird though about the tip mod, people do it all the time, even with other IEMs like the IE8s, etc. dkft in fact has a similar mod, I believe.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #764 of 3,305
Never had to reinstall the filters. Maybe because I received mine yesterday?
Medium Silicone seal well for me, but I ordered some large complys to see if there is an improvement over the mediums.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #765 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ufanco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a odd question to other owners,

Do you find that after after listening to these that after a few hours at loud volume that sometimes the sound level really drops off and that the only way to fix is remove reinstall filters?

I never had that issue, but Phonaks audio engineer told me the filters are sensitive to moisture, due to their very fine mesh. Not sure if a person can actually "sweat" inside the ear canal, but that would be some explanation why they would work again after drying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back