Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 18, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #736 of 3,308
so i'm leaning towards returning the PFE's and going for something w/ a warmer/bassier signature (ie8/atrios/turbines/pk1?) ... or should i wait for the e5 to get here and give them another shot?

i love the clarity but they just dont get as loud/full as i'd like... call me crazy/ignorant but i think i enjoy the pk3's more

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #737 of 3,308
I would say wait for the E5. I use the grey filters with the E5 bass boost and it sounds quite similar to my denon D1001 which has a warmer signature. I think the black filters + E5 would give you more than enough bass.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #738 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so i'm leaning towards returning the PFE's and going for something w/ a warmer/bassier signature (ie8/atrios/turbines/pk1?) ... or should i wait for the e5 to get here and give them another shot?

i love the clarity but they just dont get as loud/full as i'd like... call me crazy/ignorant but i think i enjoy the pk3's more

If you don't like the PFE you really won't like the SCL4 or KSC75 that are listed as on the way in your signature.

If you want to stay in the price range the Turbine might be the ticket. If you don't want to second guess your self and can afford the ie8 just go for it instead.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #739 of 3,308
daleech: i'm gonna try to wait for the e5 before i return the PFE's... i just hope that they come in before the my 14-day trial is over.. it's going to be close

oarnura: i bought the scl4 and ksc75 on impulse pretty much... just out of curiosity. the ksc75's are pocket change and i got a pretty good deal on the scl4 so i figure i could always sell the scl4 and not lose much..... as for second guessing myself, that's the dilemma i'm facing... i'm afraid if i don't get the IE8 next, i'm going to end up returning whatever i get and getting the IE8's eventually... just a matter of time

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #740 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
daleech: i'm gonna try to wait for the e5 before i return the PFE's... i just hope that they come in before the my 14-day trial is over.. it's going to be close

oarnura: i bought the scl4 and ksc75 on impulse pretty much... just out of curiosity. the ksc75's are pocket change and i got a pretty good deal on the scl4 so i figure i could always sell the scl4 and not lose much..... as for second guessing myself, that's the dilemma i'm facing... i'm afraid if i don't get the IE8 next, i'm going to end up returning whatever i get and getting the IE8's eventually... just a matter of time

I have all three KSC75 (killer value), SCL4 (killer value at $80) and the PFE. They have very similar sound signatures. Not warm or bassy.

I would cut your losses and get the IE8 if that is what you really want.

Mar 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #741 of 3,308
yeah i might get rid of everything and just get the IE8's.....

i came here looking for a <$50 replacement for ibuds... a few weeks later, i'm seriously considering spending $300+ on earphones... my ears are gonna love it, but my wallet hates u guys so much
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #748 of 3,308
Not to mention the Minibox-E+ that should be arriving soon.
wink.gif

I want the E5 for my workout "beater" rig, currently consisting of a Clip + E3 + Phonaks. The E3 is just too much hassle with the silly unplugging (while still draining the battery), and I guess upping that a notch for that low price is reasonable. Not to mention the improved slimness of the E5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back