Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 19, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #766 of 3,308
thats the natural physiology of the body...Its called the attenuation reflex and involves involuntary contraction of the tensor and the stapedius muscles to decrease the amount of sound reaching your inner ear...
When u change the filters u are simply giving the muscle time to come back to its original relaxed state...

Mar 19, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #768 of 3,308
Got myself a pair today. Definitely good stuff.
biggrin.gif

This being my first time with IEM's, I was a bit skeptical. But these sound awesome!!!!

I'm using them with Corda Headsix. They seem to match very well.

I'm using the out of the box grey filters and the Comply tips. I think I'm gonna stick to them. The black filters bring out a bit more bass that what I prefer. Also, the silicon tips tend to enhance the treble a tiny bit, which in turns pushes back the mids.

I looooveeee them..

Mar 19, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #770 of 3,308
Exactly!!!

I meant the black filters bring out a bit more bass than "what I prefer". I prefer cleaner Mids and highs.

Personal preference my friend:)

Mar 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #772 of 3,308
My bad..am a bit too engrossed in listening to these phones right now..hardly able to concentrate on other stuff:)

Mar 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #774 of 3,308
Team Phonak, I'M BACK BABY! I got a little extra dough & immediately purchased a replacement pair of the PFE's to fill in for the previous pair that died out on me. Got an E5 amp to go with it this time. A teary reunion it will be indeed.
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #775 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Team Phonak, I'M BACK BABY! I got a little extra dough & immediately purchased a replacement pair of the PFE's to fill in for the previous pair that died out on me. Got an E5 amp to go with it this time. A teary reunion it will be indeed.
icon10.gif

Great to see you with a pair again. It didn't seem right... having you go without
smile.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #776 of 3,308
@jleewach: that was fast wasn't it?

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #777 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@jleewach: that was fast wasn't it?

couldn't resist. Like I've stated before, PFE = aural cocaine
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #778 of 3,308
Once a PFE-head, always a PFE-head.

Welcome back.

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #780 of 3,308
Reliability seems semi-average at this point (but expect improvements in the future considering how Phonak seems to operate), but they have a 2-year warranty and GREAT customer service.

And the only issues I can think of are:
-cables breaking from sweat and body oils
-that weird hole in the housing (which apparently Phonak are looking into)
-a couple IEMs failing after a short period of time, likely due to a manufacturing defect

...all have been resolved easily with an easy, virtually instant (besides shipping) replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back