Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #721 of 3,308
Well I emailed Audeo World and they have shipped me a new pair along with paid postage to return my defective pair. I can't wait to get them!

I think with the high impedance and somewhat low sensitivity, and over-ear design, these might finally be my ideal earphones for use without a portable amp.

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #722 of 3,308
do the wire sleeves/grips or w/e u call them come with the earphones when u buy them? or do u have to buy those separately for 8 dollars? im talking about those clear/white things that lay on top or over ur ears when u put them on.

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #725 of 3,308
I've had this doubt for some days. but confirmed today that my left channel has a higher volume than the right channel..

I've checked the filters, doesn't seem to be a issue.

So is the pair defective, or is it a seal problem?

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #726 of 3,308
Did more A/Bing with my shures 210...
Its closer than I Thought it would be...
to my Ears the only place where Phonaks are clearly better is Treble extension and comfort...
Mids...It gets absolutely trounced by the shures..any vocals i would defo prefer shures
Bass...Is again a tad more defined and extended on the Phonak...
Sensitivity is a another issue with phonaks
Also i noticed how crappy these sound with Nano 2nd gen
Still happy with the purchase ...considering that these cost me less than the shures..Nice variety to have..
Ps phonaks sound wonderful filter less if u have a source with good Eq to tame the harshness(like my Zvm)

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #727 of 3,308
And for my first post i would like to announce my purchase of the PFEs :p

2 days in and enjoying them immensely. Its my first foray into IEMs so have nothing of any note to compare them with, but i cant seem to put them down. Using my gfs iRiver Clix2 as source until i can decide on what DAP to buy. Kinda hoping on a spring / summer bloodbath of Sony / Cowon prices but i wont hold my breath on that, or the 32gig S9.

Anyway.

Will play with filters and tips over the next week or so, so far the Complys are the best, but cannot source the T-130s in UK, except shipped from US Comply site. Seem to remember peeps using Shure black olives, they seem easier to get and also last longer.

Got my PFEs, the one with the mic, for £100 + delivery. Wasn't sure about getting the mic as it looks huge in reviews / pics, but honestly, its tiny, and for that price i didnt think i could go wrong. Seems like i was right (so far).

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #728 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by karanistheone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did more A/Bing with my shures 210...
Its closer than I Thought it would be...
to my Ears the only place where Phonaks are clearly better is Treble extension and comfort...
Mids...It gets absolutely trounced by the shures..any vocals i would defo prefer shures
Bass...Is again a tad more defined and extended on the Phonak...
Sensitivity is a another issue with phonaks
Also i noticed how crappy these sound with Nano 2nd gen
Still happy with the purchase ...considering that these cost me less than the shures..Nice variety to have..
Ps phonaks sound wonderful filter less if u have a source with good Eq to tame the harshness(like my Zvm)

I do not think it is that close, and when using grey filters they sound quite different.

Did you use grey or black ones?

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #730 of 3,308
the lack of quality in terms of QC is what turned me away from these, otherwise i think id be all willing to jump on the band wagon heh.

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #731 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by igotyofire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the lack of quality in terms of QC is what turned me away from these, otherwise i think id be all willing to jump on the band wagon heh.

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. It's all very well having great customer service, but I'd rather the phones just worked! Having said that, I now have my replacement pair, and they're definitely an improvement on the first ones. I had the sound go off to the left with the first pair and could barely get enough volume on them with the Touch unless I set it to 95%. But the new pair are louder and I can listen at 75% which is a huge improvement. If these ones die on me too, then I wouldn't bother with a third pair... so fingers crossed
smile_phones.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #733 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how many of you think an amp is "necessary"? Do the phonak's sound ok w/o an amp? Better than the etymotic er6i? I'd appreciate any opinions!

Yes, "okay w/o an amp and better than the ER6i" and they take off (like a rocket) when used with an amp.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #735 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevvyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And for my first post i would like to announce my purchase of the PFEs :p

2 days in and enjoying them immensely. Its my first foray into IEMs so have nothing of any note to compare them with, but i cant seem to put them down. Using my gfs iRiver Clix2 as source until i can decide on what DAP to buy. Kinda hoping on a spring / summer bloodbath of Sony / Cowon prices but i wont hold my breath on that, or the 32gig S9.

Anyway.

Will play with filters and tips over the next week or so, so far the Complys are the best, but cannot source the T-130s in UK, except shipped from US Comply site. Seem to remember peeps using Shure black olives, they seem easier to get and also last longer.

Got my PFEs, the one with the mic, for £100 + delivery. Wasn't sure about getting the mic as it looks huge in reviews / pics, but honestly, its tiny, and for that price i didnt think i could go wrong. Seems like i was right (so far).

Welcome to Head-Fi and Team Phonak.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back