Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 17, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #692 of 3,308
Ok, this is getting ridiculous..
I started checking my IEMs from time to time when a filter AGAIN went missing yesterday.
Turns out it's the right one that spits em out. Checked it after a few hours of use, and the filter is clearly on its way out.
Man this sucks
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #693 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone know if the 14 day trial starts from the payment date or the date you receive it?

I'm curious to know too. also is there a shipping fee charged? and are they still waiving the restocking fee?

I want a family member to try these, but alas he is too far away to try my pair.

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #694 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubersnuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, this is getting ridiculous..
I started checking my IEMs from time to time when a filter AGAIN went missing yesterday.
Turns out it's the right one that spits em out. Checked it after a few hours of use, and the filter is clearly on its way out.
Man this sucks
frown.gif

How is it getting out? On my pair, the filter could not escape through the hole in the sleeve, it would not fit. Confused about how they disappear. Where do they go? Check with Phonak and see if you can get a replacement pair. The rim of the phone must be outside the specs. I haven't had a filter fall out, but it seems the tips sort of hold them in place. But I guess that's not happening for you.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #695 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is it getting out? On my pair, the filter could not escape through the hole in the sleeve, it would not fit. Confused about how they disappear. Where do they go? Check with Phonak and see if you can get a replacement pair. The rim of the phone must be outside the specs. I haven't had a filter fall out, but it seems the tips sort of hold them in place. But I guess that's not happening for you.

It just, like, falls out. When I checked it after a couple of hours, the filter was totally out of position, like when I looked into the tube, it looked something like this (/) if that makes any sense to you. And I made sure to secure both filters in place.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #697 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by McCol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know your question was aimed at ihatepopupads but i can give you a score as well. Same as ihatepopupads 9/10.

Finding the amp set to bass boost and gain on with the black filters on the pfe's to be a really good set up. Thats with approx 24hrs burn in on the amp.

I have to try these black filters everyone speaks of one day..... The T4 and PFE is like audio crack.... Sooz, you probably have a telescope out looking for the post man
smily_headphones1.gif
Lol

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #698 of 3,308
Îf you really like the detail and have a good seal, you will only hear things going muddy -at list that is what I think when I change filters-

I am sticking with the gray filters, plus my black ones came defective... (waiting for reply of retailer)

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #700 of 3,308
I did not *mean I hated black filters, only that I prefer the detail in the mids and highs instead of a more pronounced bass.

I was exaggerating, as the differences are not so big, however after going back and forth between both that is the simplest feeling I get about black filters.

In conclusion, this IEMs, are a joy to listen to, whether black or gray/grey
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #701 of 3,308
Ive ordered some wire guides from Phonak. When ordering from the USA are they coming from Switzerland or is there a distibution warehouse somewhere in the States. Its not been too long but Im looking foreward to them and Phonak gave no tracking information and shipped them USPS first class. I was just wondering mostly where they are shipped from.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #702 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to try these black filters everyone speaks of one day..... The T4 and PFE is like audio crack.... Sooz, you probably have a telescope out looking for the post man
smily_headphones1.gif
Lol

I'm charging the T4 and E5 right now
icon10.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #703 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm charging the T4 and E5 right now
icon10.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Don't forget to burn-in the amps... You can daisy chain them to burn-in at the same time - feed DAP into one, then into the other, then into the earphones.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #704 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive ordered some wire guides from Phonak. When ordering from the USA are they coming from Switzerland or is there a distibution warehouse somewhere in the States. Its not been too long but Im looking foreward to them and Phonak gave no tracking information and shipped them USPS first class. I was just wondering mostly where they are shipped from.

They ship from Hearing Planet in Brentwood, TN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back