Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #676 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by radagast85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This whole "seal" thing is kinda bugging me, since I don't really know if I'm getting a proper one or not. What is a scientific way of telling? How strong is isolation supposed to be with a good seal? For instance right now I have the Complys on (didn't remember how comfortable they are compared to the silicones) and with no music playing I can make out what people on TV (which is about 1.5 m away from me, @ normal listening volume) are saying, although it obviously sounds muffled. Are they supposed to isolate more?
As far as sound is concerned they sound pretty good to me, bass is definitely there...
Oh BTW, as for my "insertion" technique, I try to put them in as deep as they will go without causing discomfort (it's kinda weird cause the ear canal seems to make a bend after a bit, so that the earphones go in at an angle), is that right?
Please help me get rid of the seal virus!!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

There is a Seal Test on Ear monitors, plugs and hearing protectors - Sensaphonics (lower right corner) that I have always found to be helpful.

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #677 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, now you're just teasing...

Score out of 10 please based on how it sounds right now
ksc75smile.gif

I still have 12 hours to wait for mine
frown.gif

9 out of 10
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #678 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you and I know that even if you don't have a good seal with the ie8 your going to still get slamming bass
atsmile.gif
Where as the pfe I have to mess with the left (because my ear canal's a little bigger, but not big enough for large). but with a good seal they go quite low and are powerful. I also have to tell you I love the t4, I have about 6 hours on it and it works wonders with the pfe. And thats just out of the HO, I need to get a LO dock, but someone got my credit card info and had a spending spree on me
frown.gif

Wow, that sucks. But you aren't liable, right? Just in case you get it under control, I bought my line out cable from LiL' Knight, a great DIYer who charges a fair price for a very high quality Touch LOD cable. You don't need to go to ALO or any other really expensive sellers. I have exactly the same issue with uneven canal size, but once I get the medium silicones "set" the great sound just pours out.

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #679 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that sucks. But you aren't liable, right? Just in case you get it under control, I bought my line out cable from LiL' Knight, a great DIYer who charges a fair price for a very high quality Touch LOD cable. You don't need to go to ALO or any other really expensive sellers. I have exactly the same issue with uneven canal size, but once I get the medium silicones "set" the great sound just pours out.

No not liable, just taking a little work to get everything handled. You know how simple everything is with huge banking conglomerates
wink.gif
I was in the process of trying to buy a LO cable when this happened. I have an nice alo cable but it's not wired right for the new ipods, maybe I'll try a DIY fix.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #680 of 3,308
hi tstarn06, i don't know if i remember it correctly that you've written somewhere in this forum that you want to sell a pack of your gray filters...do you still have them? how much does it cost again? will you charge me for shipping cost? i'm from the philippines which is quite far. but you can send it through a registered mail if it's okay with you to avoid shipping cost. just let me know.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #681 of 3,308
I did say that, but since they only cost me $8, I was just gonna keep them. Are they hard to get there? If so, PM me and I will sell you them at cost plus shipping. They are tiny, so I can send via padded envelope. I can always get more if I need them.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #682 of 3,308
actually, i was trying to buy from the phonak website but it says it cannot ship to my country which is very sad. that's why i'm trying my luck here if you would sell to me your filters. i think it won't cost you if you will just ship it by regular airmail. i'll just pay our customs here once it arrives at my location. are you amenable to this? do you also have some spare medium silicone tips?

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #686 of 3,308
I just ordered my phonaks today. Im hoping they wont dissapoint, after wasting $100 on Shure se210s i made sure that i did plenty of reading into what i was getting. All the great, and intelligent reviews on the forums lead me to believe that the Phonaks would be worth it. Im a student, and spending $150 on headphones is a stretch, but these seem to be a lot of "bang for the buck". Anyone know how they will compare to the se210's?

Also, i placed my order today, how long do they usually take to arrive?

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #687 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6ces11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered my phonaks today. Im hoping they wont dissapoint, after wasting $100 on Shure se210s i made sure that i did plenty of reading into what i was getting. All the great, and intelligent reviews on the forums lead me to believe that the Phonaks would be worth it. Im a student, and spending $150 on headphones is a stretch, but these seem to be a lot of "bang for the buck". Anyone know how they will compare to the se210's?

Also, i placed my order today, how long do they usually take to arrive?

They are better than the SE310 and E4c, and as enjoyable as SE530.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #690 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, now you're just teasing...

Score out of 10 please based on how it sounds right now
ksc75smile.gif

I still have 12 hours to wait for mine
frown.gif

I know your question was aimed at ihatepopupads but i can give you a score as well. Same as ihatepopupads 9/10.

Finding the amp set to bass boost and gain on with the black filters on the pfe's to be a really good set up. Thats with approx 24hrs burn in on the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back