Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #3,226 of 3,308
Hey again guys,

I want to ask before trawling through the thread/internet if there is a resident Audeo PFE mod/repair wizard on the forum? My original PFE 122 had the 3.5mm plug go bad, and I had it repaired locally by a general electronics repair shop. They added a fairly bulky 4-pole plug, with zero strain relief (pic below). It worked fine for about 4 months, then the connections inside broke again. If you guys know someone who can replace the plug properly, with the attention and respect good audio tech deserves, can you let me know? Would be handy to have the old PFE around as a backup.
Cheers.

If I can't get this repaired properly I'll maybe order a backup pair from Sonus, but given they seem to work fine other than the plug (just tested them with new filters from the new PFE pack and they sound perfect other than loose connection), I'd happily pay a fair amount to get a nice professional job done by a guru here :D Obviously I'd prefer someone in Europe as I'm Irish, but I can ship to the US if it comes to it.

20191210_023910.jpg

Attachments

• 20191210_023910.jpg
    20191210_023910.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #3,227 of 3,308
Hey bud,

Can I ask if you or anyone knows if the Westone silicone tips in that link fit the PFE nozzle, generally speaking? Be good to know where to get backups in future. I need the medium silicone, Sonusmobile only have large and small, and I've never been a fan of the foam tips, so I fear one day I'll need to find tips that fit the PFE.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #3,228 of 3,308
Hey bud,

Can I ask if you or anyone knows if the Westone silicone tips in that link fit the PFE nozzle, generally speaking? Be good to know where to get backups in future. I need the medium silicone, Sonusmobile only have large and small, and I've never been a fan of the foam tips, so I fear one day I'll need to find tips that fit the PFE.

I have both westone tips and pfe232, never did try westone on them. Away from home can let you know in a week time, both fit and how it compares with stock tips on SQ

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #3,230 of 3,308
Hey bud,

Supposedly the cp800 tips from Spinfit will also fit the PFE. I haven't gotten a pair yet, but they're in my wishlist

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #3,234 of 3,308
Hi, you can PM me if you need some pro-repair for phonak. It is possible to install tiny handmade jack with molded bend relief, so on.
BTW, here's example of 232 cable with earhooks.
empathy_cl_phonak_232.jpg

Finally some relief, cable looks awesome. Does it click nicely into 232 or just push it in

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #3,235 of 3,308
Hey guys, small update about Sonus...they're obviously totally legit, but also respond to emails. A guy called Maciej (cool guy) took care of my order and got back to me about my enquiries about further stock. I was looking to pick up another set of PFE 122, but he only had 2 sets of PFE 012, 1 set of PFE 232, and an assortment of filters and tips remaining. I ordered one PFE 012, black filters, and medium silicone tips. He is probably running low on most things, but also seems to have most accessories still available, obviously in limited number, so if anyone is needing anything specifically, hit them up at info@sonusmobile.pl and see if he has it.

I used Google Translate to translate my first email to Polish, but he has perfect English and hopefully will get back to you. G'luck!

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #3,236 of 3,308
Second order from Sonus Mobile arrived today, somewhat delayed by the holidays (was shipped 30th Dec) but everything intact. Maciej sent me a free pair of comply T100 foam pads to try out, as I've never liked the size that comes with the PFE 122...<3 Sonus!! Hopefully now I am good for IEMs until I am too old to hear anything... :D

Happy new year everyone!

20200113_090120.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #3,237 of 3,308
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #3,238 of 3,308

Users who are viewing this thread

Back