Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Nov 17, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #3,259 of 3,305
What is the best comparable iem on the market these days? I've been searching for a replacement for the detailed sound and the comfort of my dying pfe 112 - best iem I've owned.
I own the PFE112 too. Another competent single BA will be the Penon Sphere. Cheers.

Nov 17, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #3,260 of 3,305
What is the best comparable iem on the market these days? I've been searching for a replacement for the detailed sound and the comfort of my dying pfe 112 - best iem I've owned.
I replaced the Phonak PFE with the Hifiman RE400 and then with the Fiio FA1. The Fiios are terrific with the right tips. Great level of detail (at least as good as the PFE) and you can get a better balance with the appropriate tips. They just need to be tamed down in the top end and the stock tips don't work that well for that. I'm using them with the Hifiman tips.

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #3,261 of 3,305

With respect to comfort it will be hard to find a match.
Is still own them too and everytime I put them on it is like coming home, they are so small and fit so perfectly in my ears.
So if someone knows something comparable (with similar sound signature) I would be interested too, who knows how long my pair will work. I hope still very long, but it is always advisable to be prepared for the worst.

Nov 18, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,263 of 3,305
In terms of comfort I recommended Fiio FA1. More neutral than Audeo, less "magic" in sound, but I felt that Fiio provides more detail.
What do you think is the magic of the PFE exactly? I still have them but the filters are too dirty to enjoy them. For me the highlight was their speed and effortless nature.
By the way thanks for suggesting the Fiios on this thread, I think I found out about them thanks to your previous comments.

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #3,264 of 3,305
Despite being very bright Audeo had nice touch of warmth in the midrange, they are still perfect for some symphonic music. However FA1 are much more universal with slightly better bass extension (but still it's tight and not heavy) ale more neutral signature.

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #3,265 of 3,305
Despite being very bright Audeo had nice touch of warmth in the midrange, they are still perfect for some symphonic music. However FA1 are much more universal with slightly better bass extension (but still it's tight and not heavy) ale more neutral signature.
I actually like the midrange of the Fiios better, at least with the tips I'm using. I used to think the Phonaks had a bit of a thin midrange, even with the black filters. I really enjoy the lower midrange section of the Fiios in comparison. But they can go really bright if you stick to the white stock tips, even more so than the Phonaks with grey filters.

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,266 of 3,305
Hi.
I have a PFE232 for which I am running out of my stock of Comply T-130.
I can't find that version anywhere (Comply just said that they didn't manufacture them anymore without indicating any alternative).
Although I have identified some generic solutions, I do not have any precision devices to measure the nose of inears.Without measures and without being aware of the quality of the alternatives, it becomes difficult to have an informed guess to make a purchase
Please, someone else can indicate valid alternatives (quality is the most important) to replace Comply tips, preferably foam.

Grateful for the collaboration.

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #3,268 of 3,305
T100 should fit. It'd be a tight squeeze though. I have used equivilant sized silicone tips (Ety, Shure) on my ) 012/111 without problems - been hoarding my last T130

Thank you for your help. I shouldn't have any problems with the silicone tips.
The problem is in the foam ones. I have a SE535 and tried the Olive in PFE but I was afraid to break the nozzle because I was using too much pressure. However, I would like to keep foam tips as they have, as you know, a different sound signature than silicone.

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #3,269 of 3,305
I haven't tried any other foam tips myself, but I can understand not wanting to break the nozzle.

Maybe as an option you could grab a pair of Spinfit CP240. Put the adapter (3mm, should be the same size as the CP800) on the earphones and then a foam eartip over that.
Or maybe you could carve the plastic tube out of an old used pair of T130 and use it as a sort of adapter with T200s or something.
At least if you can use a plastic/silicone adapter it shouldn't put as much pressure on the nozzle.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,270 of 3,305
Hi everyone. I have not searched this thread (sorry) but I want to get some recommendations for replacement silicon tips for the PFE 232. The stock tips from Phonak were so good. I want something that is comparable to those. They were pretty robust, not thin and flimsy. You could tell them from other tips by touch. They were more springy than cheaper tips.
Anyone know a good option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back