Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jun 17, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #2,866 of 3,305
Inearz has re-shelled PFE and made it so you could switch filters - might even be a picture up on their Facebook page.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #2,867 of 3,305
They must have just started doing that.  I had asked last year and they said that they couldn't.  This is great news as I will have my 122's reshelled, I also have a brand new pair of 132's for sale in the forums if anyone is interested.

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #2,869 of 3,305
I'm using the pfe112 with a 75ohm etymotic adapter right now. It fills in the slightly dipped 3.2khz region and adds airiness past the 8-10khz region. Overall things sound more open and spacious. On some music the high boost is a little too much and things just sound too thin. But on other tracks it seems to work o.k. At least something to play around with...

If there was a way to boost the 3.2khz region without boosting the upper treble these things would be really impressive.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #2,871 of 3,305
Someone know any where can i buy cable with or without mic - control for my 232. I broke all my cable !_! So desperate now!!!!!!!

If need be you could always send in for reshell and have them convert for use with two pin cables, giving you a bigger choice

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #2,872 of 3,305
Very good idea luisdent, will give this a try. Btw will the bass suffer with this mod? So there's still life for my Phonak...gonna dig it out soon. Thanks for the tips luisdent
biggrin.gif

I don't find the bass changes much. And it is very song dependent. It will make them definitely brighter overall. The treble (based on graphs and listening) becomes more linear in the 1-7khz region, but above that it becomes pretty boosted the more impedance you add. With 100ohms it's very bright and too thin sounding. With the 75ohm ety adapter it's still pretty bright, but not as bad. I prefer 32ohms as the perfect balance for the pfe112. It makes everything sound a little less unresolved and brings out more clarity and even treble. That's how I use my pfe112 exclusively, with 32ohm.

I should add that I wear my pfe with medium silicon tips very deep. Probably deeper than most people can or would wear them. But this makes the bass a tad louder for me.

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #2,874 of 3,305
I think I need to purchase a 32 ohm resistor adapter. 100 ohm is too bright for me. Thanks for the tips never the less luisdent. Very good idea indeed.

Yeah, it might not be for everyone, but I prefer it. It's more refined treble in my opinion. The bottom end sounds more even too, but some will prefer the stock lower half as it sounds a bit warmer. I like to have impedance adapters on hand anyway to test sound changes with all the earphones I test...

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2,876 of 3,305
Someone know any where can i buy cable with or without mic - control for my 232. I broke all my cable !_! So desperate now!!!!!!!

I think earphone solution are selling them

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,877 of 3,305
Does anyone make an aftermarket cable for the PFE 232?

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #2,878 of 3,305
Hey all. Was listening with my 111s today and all of a sudden the vol. in the left side dropped compared to the right. First thing I did was change filters.... no joy. Even without the filters in I can hear that the right side is much louder than the left. Tried the old reliable 'jiggle the cable' trick with no luck either. I'm wondering since its really hot & humid today if maybe some moisture/sweat managed to seep in. Got em in a jar with some of that dessicant stuff right now.

Anybody have any other suggestions to relay?

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #2,880 of 3,305
Regarding the filters: I got tired of cleaning them on a regular basis so I tried using the PFEs without filter by EQing my source. I use the Google music app EQ so it's not very accurate (basically I'm setting all the frequences above 1 khz at -15 db!) but it makes them quite enjoyable to listen to. They sound less muffled this way than with my 5 years old filters. Glad I can still enjoy these IEMs anyway.

Now I'm wondering what IEMs should I buy to replace them when they break down, maybe some Earsonics SM64? Any opinion from former PFE owners?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back