Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Oct 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #736 of 1,072
When I was on the Officeworks site, I came across the SHE3590 for $12.88. Pretty good considering another store sells them for $25. 
http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Audio/Headphones/In-Ear-Headphones/PHHE3590BK

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #737 of 1,072
  When I was on the Officeworks site, I came across the SHE3590 for $12.88. Pretty good considering another store sells them for $25. 
http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Audio/Headphones/In-Ear-Headphones/PHHE3590BK

Same deal here in Canada. Target at 25 bucks Wal Mart, literally 1 block away 12 bucks. Makes one want to scracth their extremities in wonder.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #738 of 1,072
Ok so i went back to the shop where i bought the 3590 for a replacement. They gave me a new pair and they have the same problem. The left driver has a slightly lower and distorted sound compared to the right one. But when i plug the jack halfway through, the sound on the left driver is proper. What causes that?

Despite this problem, those IEMs have a much better sound than the sennheiser HD201

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #741 of 1,072
but i tested with both my PC and my smartphone, i don't understand what the problem might be

Could it be possible that the phone's socket is also faulty? I'm at loss here. Because my HD201 don't have that problem so i don't know whats going on.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #742 of 1,072
That's weird. You did not in your previous post tell that you tested with two sources so I assumed that you only used one source and that the fault must have been in it.

Getting three similarly defective earphones is not impossible but so unlikely that you should check other possibilities. Could you loan your earphones to a friend or a relative and ask them to tell if they notice the same problem? (Wash the tips if needed.) Try to get to the bottom of the issue by experimenting with every possible combination of ears, headphones, source and music.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #743 of 1,072
Tested with another computer and the problem is still there. Well, the likelihood that i get two defective IEM's from one stock is very low, i think the stock of SHE3590 sold by the shop might be defective. They only had like 8 on the stall, they have to be all from the same batch. Now i need to find something that sounds at least as good, has better build quality, and that isn't prohibitively expansive. Or buy a 3580 online hoping it wouldn't be a defect.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #744 of 1,072
  Tested with another computer and the problem is still there. Well, the likelihood that i get two defective IEM's from one stock is very low, i think the stock of SHE3590 sold by the shop might be defective. They only had like 8 on the stall, they have to be all from the same batch. Now i need to find something that sounds at least as good, has better build quality, and that isn't prohibitively expansive. Or buy a 3580 online hoping it wouldn't be a defect.

The sennheiser CX150 was also similarly defective? I trust that you have not  listened to the same track every time when testing the phones? 
smile.gif
You could also let a friend to listen in case you have a mental disorder. 
tongue_smile.gif
 It seems that your situation is indeed against the odds and the best course of action is to order more phones for testing purposes.
smile.gif

(You wrote: " But when i plug the jack halfway through, the sound on the left driver is proper. What causes that?" When I plug the jack in halfway through on my dap, I get mono sound, the stereo separation disappers. Do that happen with your phones? Otherwise you could listen with the phones plugged halfway through.)

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #745 of 1,072
Yeah the half way plugged part is still the case. It's halfway through, and the sound is clear on the left driver (no sound on the right driver as the plug is halfway through), then when fully plugged, the sound gets distorded

maybe the problem doesn't come from the driver, but then i have no idea where it could come from
the plug itself? i have no idea how these things work

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #746 of 1,072

Lower volume and distortion could be a driver problem but  it would not disappear when toying with the plug. That makes me suspect that maybe the plug could be somehow slightly too small, or too big, or disproportioned in some other way and that results in contact problems. But I don't reallly know anything about these things so your guess is as good as mine.
smile.gif

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #747 of 1,072
Try wiping the plug clean with some tissue. I've seen / heard many cases where oxidation on the plug causes something like this. Also try twisting yhe plug around inside the socket.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back