Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Nov 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #751 of 1,072
  These sounded terrible with default tips. Shrill, harsh, terrible isolation, no bass at ALL! It wasn't until I put on some comply t400 I felt the music.

Anyone else feel this way?? 

Yes, I used the double-flange Meelec tips.

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #752 of 1,072
These sounded terrible with default tips. Shrill, harsh, terrible isolation, no bass at ALL! It wasn't until I put on some comply t400 I felt the music.

Anyone else feel this way?? 

Same here ...bass is weak , treble is really harsh and too high for my liking...so much so that can't use for more than 10 minutes. Did try them with comply foam but still think the treble is killing the whole experience. The only way for me is EQ the treble and the up the bass but somehow it doesn't work for me. Can only use it for sentimental type or slow type of songs at low volume but up the volume ...definite no no .

Well ...maybe its just me and it is also the only one in my collection that has never been used except when newly purchased and trying on different tips and then cold storage.

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #753 of 1,072
Well, it may be a bad seal. Or you guys may be just like me, personally I actually can't stand not EQing these. I only changed my assessment of these buds' stock sound when people went nuts over them over at the discovery thread :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #754 of 1,072
Well, it may be a bad seal. Or you guys may be just like me, personally I actually can't stand not EQing these. I only changed my assessment of these buds' stock sound when people went nuts over them over at the discovery thread
tongue.gif

No EQ is needed with Meelec double flange tips:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Black-/130745455297

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #755 of 1,072
Just bought today the SHE3590 IEMs for my girlfriend and my I am impressed! A bit bass heavy, but mostly sub-bass, not mid bass and it doesn't muddy the rest of the spectrum. Voices sound very life like and the treble is perfectly fine without any sibilance! I was also able to get a good seal with the stock tips. I am most impressed! They cost 15€ here in Portugal and are widely available. A

Nov 20, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #756 of 1,072
Ok I Just ordered a pair for the hell of it, less than $8 shipped from Amazon seller. 

I just ordered a pair of the MEEE double flange from the link above, too bad they will be here way before the Philips lol. 

I have a set of Klipsch S4 with T-100 Complys I use for the gym but will probably give them to a friend depending on how I like these. Howfully the MEEE will provide the same ability to stay in my ears as the comply tips provide

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #757 of 1,072
  Ok I Just ordered a pair for the hell of it, less than $8 shipped from Amazon seller. 

I just ordered a pair of the MEEE double flange from the link above, too bad they will be here way before the Philips lol. 

I have a set of Klipsch S4 with T-100 Complys I use for the gym but will probably give them to a friend depending on how I like these. Howfully the MEEE will provide the same ability to stay in my ears as the comply tips provide

these sound way better to my ears than the klipsch s4 

i tried the s4 with stock and comply waxguard i think t100 tips. the comply tips helped tone down the siblances but made the bass imo more bloated, it didn't need anymore bass. it wasnt even better bass extention just more of that mid bass and made the mids even more recessed

these are fantastic for the price and but klipsch's silcone eartips take the edge on comfort

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #758 of 1,072
Yeah the comfort was fine with the Klipsch stock but running at the gym the left one always fell out, the comply they stay in there and gave a better seal too I think which is probably why the midbass went up and I noticed too the sibilance went down. I'm sure one of my friends would love them, they don't care for top quality like I do lol. I wish I found this site before spending the $60 on a Used pair of S4's back then lol

EDIT: Haven't listened to my S4's in a few months, listening now I can actually really hear how unnatural they sound compared to my thinksound Rain which I use stock tips on for everyday listening

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #759 of 1,072
  Yeah the comfort was fine with the Klipsch stock but running at the gym the left one always fell out, the comply they stay in there and gave a better seal too I think which is probably why the midbass went up and I noticed too the sibilance went down. I'm sure one of my friends would love them, they don't care for top quality like I do lol. I wish I found this site before spending the $60 on a Used pair of S4's back then lol

EDIT: Haven't listened to my S4's in a few months, listening now I can actually really hear how unnatural they sound compared to my thinksound Rain which I use stock tips on for everyday listening

to be totally honest i don't think its the seal thats doing that

its the inner core of the comply tips

i decored them after they stop compressing them and stuck them inside for example the philips she3580 tips and used them on my s4

same thing

i think some of the could attribute to the seal but i think its the inner core thats doing the most changes in sound

comply is too expensive and i found that i can only enjoy my s4s if i did that ( i didn't like how siblant the stock tips made it) had to make my own little tip mod

i have since sold my s4s i have much better iems now (turbines, gr07 be, hifiman re400s) the s4s were not keeping up

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #760 of 1,072
I guess for my ear I didn't get a good seal so bass in general wasn't always that great even though they were touted as heavy on bass until I used the comply tips...True they are expensive, hell I bought the 3 pack and am still using the first pair

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #761 of 1,072
Anyone know the difference between 3580, 3590 and 3680 ?

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #762 of 1,072
  Anyone know the difference between 3580, 3590 and 3680 ?

From what I've read is the 3590 is the newer version of 3580 with more color options, same everything pretty much though. 3590 are cheaper though. I Just ordered them in Black for $8 shipped off an Amazon seller. I saw the 3680 thrown around I think in this thread but I think just EUR version?

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #763 of 1,072
Actually got both the earphones and the tips today, be listening for about 20 minutes. I listened first with the stock tips which fit good then put on the MEE's. Then did an hour of JLab burn in for fun....

Found these adjustments earlier in the thread:
LSC: 280Hz, -8.2dB, Q=0.67
PF1: 650Hz +1.5dB Q=0.67
PF2: 2950Hz -5.6dB Q=2.87
PF3: 11700Hz -3.3dB Q=7.2
HSF: 11700Hz, Q=1.41

I rounded off so my settings are:
LSC: Gain = -4.0dB, Q = .7
PF1: Gain = +1.5dB, Q = .7
PF2: Gain = -5.5dB, Q = 2.9
PF3: Gain = -3.0dB, Q = 6.4 (Highest it goes)
HSF: Gain = 0.0dB, Q = 1.4

EDIT: I realized right now when looking over my settings that I mixed up the Gain & Q on both PF1 & 2, sounds way way better now lol

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #764 of 1,072
I first saw this IEM SHE3590 but i don't have yet the budget, I'm also from the Philippines and this is quite expensive here so i ended up buying the SHE2550 but when i used it i'm not satisfied. So finally i bought my first SHE3590, my first impression is that i'm blown away by how this thing sounds. I used many different brands of IEM but Philips SHE3590 is the best for me.

The saleslady also told me that this model is not that popular, how sad that people don't know about this hidden gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back