Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Jan 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #496 of 1,072
Just got a pair of PHILIPS SHE3590(Since the 3580 is out of the market) last saturday, and when I first use it, I really don't like how it sounds, it is not full bodied unlike my previous IEM (that is not worth mentioning Haha) and then I discovered that I didn't push it a little bit more to get inside my ear. After pushing it a little bit more to get inside my ear. I was blown away how a 12$ IEM sounded like that.

BASS: I really like the quantity of bass in this IEM. It's a punhy bass IMO but not overpowered, it is controlled. And I really like the bass on these.

MIDS: I really like how to vocals sounds on these IEM especially female vocals.

HIGHS: The highs on this IEM is crisp and really clear, but a little harsh on some songs. It hurts like it bore holes on my ears. But by reducing the volume the harshness reduced too. I'm still hoping that the highs on this IEM become smoother as I use it. If not, I will try to replace the stock tips on these.

MICROPHONICS: The cable is really noisy but I don't mint it at all haha.

CONCLUSION: At the 12$ Price range you really can't expect it to be flawless regarding the build quality and the microphonics, but at its price I never expect it to sound very impressive. Still hoping that the HIGHS becomes smoother by using it again and again or by trying other tips.

Here's my impression to my first IEM. Hope you enjoy reading and sorry for my english.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #497 of 1,072
Quote:
I got mine 3595 week ago. This IEM has very nice sound and good bass, but i don't like the stock tips (they are not comfortable for me) and the cable is horrible. The cable is very stiff and very m
icrophonic, it is almost unusable for me on the go. I believe most of the happy owners here are using them at home lying on the bed and trying not to move. Still it is a good IEM for the money and sounds very good (if you are not moving).

I would invest in a $1 shirt clip.  Makes all the difference in the world in the microphonics and handling of all IEMs.  That or wear the cable over the ear.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 23, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #498 of 1,072
I have found the problem regarding the siblance of the treble, really need to replace the stock tips with a bi-flange or tri-flange tips. The problem is where to buy locally
confused_face.gif
. As much as possible, I don't want to buy internationally because of the custom tax (a real killer).

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #499 of 1,072
Spratly,here where i live custom tax duties are much worse than Canada or Australia,and normally whenever i can i ask to the seller to declare a much lower value on the declaration form,because otherwise i would not be able to pay those idiotic exaggerated Brazilian taxes,which here in my country would be more or less 60 percent of the sum of the product and the shipping cost altogether,more federal taxes.
Anyway,i don't think that buying a pair of earphone tips you would be paying enormous tax duties,even the cost of shipping should be much more than an half-dozen bucks.

I am a few days ago from receiving a pair of SHE3590 for myself from Honk Kong too,would you mind tell me which bi-flanges and tri-flanges are you looking for?

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #500 of 1,072
Quote:
I have found the problem regarding the siblance of the treble, really need to replace the stock tips with a bi-flange or tri-flange tips. The problem is where to buy locally
confused_face.gif
. As much as possible, I don't want to buy internationally because of the custom tax (a real killer).

I think comply tips would work much better to tame sibilance?

Otherwise have you thought of trying parametric EQ as per the opening post?  It worked wonders for me.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #501 of 1,072
Quote:

I think comply tips would work much better to tame sibilance?

Otherwise have you thought of trying parametric EQ as per the opening post?  It worked wonders for me.

As far as I want to try Comply Tips, the lifespan of that tips is my problem, since it's a foam. May I ask how long does it takes for your comply tips to wore out?. I haven't tried parametric EQ.

Quote:
Spratly,here where i live custom tax duties are much worse than Canada or Australia,and normally whenever i can i ask to the seller to declare a much lower value on the declaration form,because otherwise i would not be able to pay those idiotic exaggerated Brazilian taxes,which here in my country would be more or less 60 percent of the sum of the product and the shipping cost altogether,more federal taxes.
Anyway,i don't think that buying a pair of earphone tips you would be paying enormous tax duties,even the cost of shipping should be much more than an half-dozen bucks.

I am a few days ago from receiving a pair of SHE3590 for myself from Honk Kong too,would you mind tell me which bi-flanges and tri-flanges are you looking for?

I'm about to try shure triple flange tips or maybe Meelec Tips.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #503 of 1,072
Should i go for the Philips SHE3580 or the Philips SHE3590 ?

Where is the difference if there is any?

I can get both of them around the same price.

thx

She3590 is the batch production, perhaps different boxing or colors.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #505 of 1,072
eapocs,
if you can still get the 3580 for the same price I would go for that. Sound is identical but from what I've seen the 3580 were better constructed and had better fit and finish than the 3590.

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #506 of 1,072
Quote:
eapocs,
if you can still get the 3580 for the same price I would go for that. Sound is identical but from what I've seen the 3580 were better constructed and had better fit and finish than the 3590.

SO SHE3580 is still available in the market, but in specific areas only. I really wish 3580 was still available in my country. T_T

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #509 of 1,072
The Postman just arrived 5 minutes ago,and finally i have a pair of this cheap earphone.Already connected to my ODac-O2 combo i can say for the price is totally worth.Well ,i don't know if those need some burn-in time,but Pearl Jam coming out those Phillips are not that bad.
The only worth listening earphone to compare them whit are my day-to-day HF5,which clearly have more detail and resolution,soundstage seem more wide.The bass on the phillips are more pronounced ,but noticeably less refined and less tight.Very superficial comparison,i wan't to see i well they performed with some equalization of yours.Take care!Satisfied for the purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back