Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Oct 17, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #406 of 1,072
have you tried the black one of CK700? I saw 2 colors available. I wonder if there's a difference between two of them considering that they differ slightly on price. Thank you you help me alot on choosing an alternative IEM

I've only tried the white ones. I think from what I've read here they sound exactly the same? I could be wrong though.

Maybe have a scroll back through here and see if you can find any info on that.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/579727/mysterious-focalprice-iems-amazing-impressions-and-comparisons-inside

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #408 of 1,072
initial thoughts: DAMNNNN
ksc75smile.gif

quick impressions as I just took them out of the mailbox and onto my iphone4:

BIG SOUND, fantastic bass for electronic music trance/house/dubstep whatever, nice sparkle at the top, mids are good and not recessed at all.

More "HIFI" sounding than the monoprice 8320s, mids are warmer and more natural sounding on the monoprice.

Fantastic fantastic sounding for $7 shipped from ebay and equally as impressive as the monoprice 8320s but with a different sound signature so they complement each other very nicely.

Someone make a $8 pair that has the highs and lows of the Philips and the mids of the monoprice!

Also the cable sucks hard on the Philips.

Used the monoprice with sony hybrids and stock tips on the philips.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #410 of 1,072
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #411 of 1,072
Just got these a couple days ago. 8 bucks shipped (the purple ones on Amazon). The bass is shocking and the overall sound is clear and very pleasant. 

How does this happen? I'd bet Philips sells multiple models of iems that cost more than this one, but don't sound as good (especially to the generally base loving purchasers of cheap iems). Did Philips just send some arbitrary build parameters to a Chinese factory and these just happened to sound great? Does Philips offer an iem with an identical build and sound, but with a better cable? 

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #412 of 1,072
Quote:
Just got these a couple days ago. 8 bucks shipped (the purple ones on Amazon). The bass is shocking and the overall sound is clear and very pleasant. 

How does this happen? I'd bet Philips sells multiple models of iems that cost more than this one, but don't sound as good (especially to the generally base loving purchasers of cheap iems). Did Philips just send some arbitrary build parameters to a Chinese factory and these just happened to sound great? Does Philips offer an iem with an identical build and sound, but with a better cable? 

bigsmile_face.gif

no, i dont think it was a "mistake" or "luck", its a nice sounding iem for the price, thats all.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #413 of 1,072
Quote:

bigsmile_face.gif

no, i dont think it was a "mistake" or "luck", its a nice sounding iem for the price, thats all.

It doesn't seem to be just nice sounding for the price, it seems that people think that these 3580's flat out sound better than more expensive Philips iems. It just doesn't make sense to intentionally make your less expensive iems sound better than your more expensive ones. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #414 of 1,072
Lot of online reviews elsewhere complain of tangling cable problems, microphonics, and poor fit. Are you wearing the SHE3580's with different tips, over ear, etc.? Very interesting for price. Been looking at $100 IEMs but these plus comply tips would be around 25US.

JJ

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #415 of 1,072
Lot of online reviews elsewhere complain of tangling cable problems, microphonics, and poor fit. Are you wearing the SHE3580's with different tips, over ear, etc.? Very interesting for price. Been looking at $100 IEMs but these plus comply tips would be around 25US.
JJ

I'm just using stock tips and a shirt clip. Not over ear. I coil up the cable and keep them in a separate pocket or pouch, it's pretty tangle free this way.:cool:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #416 of 1,072
Got 'em at a local TJ Maxx for $7 (SHE3590 but I believe are the same as 3580).  Okay, I'm just a newb audiophile, but, Wow!  I'm hearing a lot of detail in the music (tried streaming Pandora, FLAC, and AAC source files).  Listening to a female vocalist, I could hear her lips parting!

JJ

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #417 of 1,072
Look what I got in the mail today!

These sound incredible for the price I paid ($12.95AUD). I definitely recommend them!

EDIT: I have changed the tips that came with them to some Sony tips (Green stem tips if you know what I mean). and now they're much more comfortable and the sound seems more solid and smooth. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back