Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Apr 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #92 of 1,072
I bought a pair for my GF but she didn't like the fit (small ears), so now they are my gym headphones.  Good seal is tough to get, I find that if I wear them over the ear it's a bit better.  For $15 (shipped from fleabay) you can't really expect sound this good.  Now if only I can find some decent tips... 

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, I would have never bought these otherwise. 

FWIW, they don't come near to the Shure SE215's in overall sound quality, but then those cost $85 more :wink:

You might want to try the monster gel tips? Or maybe Sony hybrids, but for IMO the shure silicone or meelec silicon bi-flange works the best for me

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #93 of 1,072

Quote:
I bought a pair for my GF but she didn't like the fit (small ears), so now they are my gym headphones.  Good seal is tough to get, I find that if I wear them over the ear it's a bit better.  For $15 (shipped from fleabay) you can't really expect sound this good.  Now if only I can find some decent tips... 

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, I would have never bought these otherwise. 

FWIW, they don't come near to the Shure SE215's in overall sound quality, but then those cost $85 more :wink:

The stock tips are terrible for me, thin, and won't achieve a decent seal. Try something like these Sony hybird clones.

Quote:
Anyone knows if the Philips SHE3850 are compatible with Comply Foam Tips?
From the Comply site it appears that only the SHE3750 are compatible.
Also the Shure Olives would do the trick for me, but I don't know if they are compatible either.
I would use them for sleeping by playing some brown noise, so what I'm looking for is comfort and noise isolation (with foam tips).
Also, can they be worn over the ears?

Yes, comply tips such as T400 - T500 will fit, I just tried it. the nozel is a regular 5mm found on most IEM's

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #94 of 1,072
Tempting. Are the SHE3580 seriously that good? Might pick up a pair soon just for kicks. I have the SHE9621. They're seriously.... lackluster.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #96 of 1,072

Quote:
Tempting. Are the SHE3580 seriously that good? Might pick up a pair soon just for kicks. I have the SHE9621. They're seriously.... lackluster.

I originally  purchased mine for the lol'z but was confronted by a somewhat jaw dropping experience... in short, yes they're very good. I'm using mine everyday, they make me smile endlessly.

If you see somone walking down the street smiling, that could well be me. O_o

If you do make the purchase make sure you try different tips. It's all about the seal. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #97 of 1,072
Anyone knows if the Philips SHE3850 are compatible with Comply Foam Tips?
From the Comply site it appears that only the SHE3750 are compatible.
Also the Shure Olives would do the trick for me, but I don't know if they are compatible either.
I would use them for sleeping by playing some brown noise, so what I'm looking for is comfort and noise isolation (with foam tips).
Also, can they be worn over the ears?

I tried comply tips and t-400 fit more snugly than t-500. As far as comfort goes I actually found the stock tips more comfortable.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 13, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #98 of 1,072
Quote:

I originally  purchased mine for the lol'z but was confronted by a somewhat jaw dropping experience... in short, yes they're very good. I'm using mine everyday, they make me smile endlessly.

If you see somone walking down the street smiling, that could well be me. O_o

If you do make the purchase make sure you try different tips. It's all about the seal. 

Just got them for 10 bucks. The L size tip works for me.

Can't believe what I'm hearing, and yes they make me smile too.

The cable is really bugging me though. I want to recable mine so badly.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #99 of 1,072
^ lol Yes, the cable leaves a little to be desired. 
tongue_smile.gif
 She makes up for it in SQ !!

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #100 of 1,072
These little buggers are impossible to take apart.

After an hour of trying to pry them open for a cable transplant, ive given up.

Now my right earphone has tons of battle scars.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #101 of 1,072
These are a lot of fun.
They're the first iem's I owned that I could FEEL the bass....nice deep lush bass.
I've given away several pairs now, and love the astonished look when someone first listens to them.
These and a Clip+ and I can chill out on the deck for hours in the soft spring weather we're having.
Many thanks for pointing these out!

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #102 of 1,072
By the way, SHE3580 is discontinued in my country.

The SHE3680 seems to be replacing them. Looks like same design(hopefully same driver and SQ) with better cable and included case. Price bumped up to roughly 20 bucks too.

I'll grab one and compare it to the SHE3580. If they're the same or better then its all good. Else I'll stock up a few of the older ones.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #103 of 1,072

Quote:

The SHE3680 seems to be replacing them. Looks like same design(hopefully same driver and SQ) with better cable and included case. Price bumped up to roughly 20 bucks too.

I'll grab one and compare it to the SHE3580. If they're the same or better then its all good. Else I'll stock up a few of the older ones.

Yes, please let us know how the SHE3680 sound. I might grab a pair. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #104 of 1,072

The 3580 is also discontinued in Singapore :frowning2:

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #105 of 1,072
I'm tempted to purchase SHE3680 now, since I found them for $19 but I'll wait for cyloh's impressions. I can only hope it's even better than SHE3850. I've been listening to these for about three hours this session using my Clip+. I've switched back and forth testing CX300ii and SoundMAGIC E10 / PL21 my mind is completely convinced these slaughter them on SQ and overall entertainment value. The SoundMAGIC E10 sound muffled like there's a filter over them and the CX300ii way to tinny. I just can't get over the firm bass these produce. I've put my turbines away for a later session this evening but there's something about SHE3580 that's an absolute pleasure to listen too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back