Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Oct 25, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #991 of 1,072
So, I'm looking to upgrade from my SHE3590s. I love how they sound, and I kinda want more of the same. I've owned PX 100-IIs and JVC HA-RX700s before and the Philips have been my favourite so far. My only problem is, I'm limited to what I have available locally. Of these, I'm considering the CX3.00, but I'm not sure if I want to get another pair of Senn since I really didn't like the PX 100-IIs (I found them to be too boring). If it makes any difference, I mostly listen to hiphop and will be using them outside. Keeping all that in mind, could I get any recommendations from my list? Thank you!

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #992 of 1,072
So, I'm looking to upgrade from my SHE3590s. I love how they sound, and I kinda want more of the same. I've owned PX 100-IIs and JVC HA-RX700s before and the Philips have been my favourite so far. My only problem is, I'm limited to what I have available locally. Of these, I'm considering the CX3.00, but I'm not sure if I want to get another pair of Senn since I really didn't like the PX 100-IIs (I found them to be too boring). If it makes any difference, I mostly listen to hiphop and will be using them outside. Keeping all that in mind, could I get any recommendations from my list? Thank you!

Get the Senns 3.00, they aren't boring and are surprisingly good for the money.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #994 of 1,072
  My only issue with the 3.00 is, are they really 5x as good as the Philips? They're already pushing my budget, so I really don't want to get them unless they're really, really worth it.

unfortunately as you get deeper and deeper into this hobby, the differences become less drastic as you go up in price

are the cx 3.00 5x better sounding then the Philips... I would say no.....

but that's like saying the sennheiser hd800 is 10x better then say the noontec zoro HD II.

which I don't think its the case.... its certainly better, but diminishing returns my friend.....

I find a lot of the times its the differences in tuning, different materials used (for the housing and cables) improving comfort/isolation, accessories, quality control.

more so then PURELY sonic detail (which is important of course).

but again I find imo in terms of earphones I enjoy the vsonic vsd3s which is $60 or so almost as much as my vsonic gr07be (which was originally $179.99) which is 3x the price....

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #995 of 1,072
My only issue with the 3.00 is, are they really 5x as good as the Philips? They're already pushing my budget, so I really don't want to get them unless they're really, really worth it.

I'm not sure what you're asking then. If you're happy with the Philips keep them, or just buy some backup pairs. But yes the 3.00 is better if on a tight budget just get some Pistons and call it a day if possible

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #996 of 1,072
If you really want a good performance-price ratio you need to look outside that list and purchase stuff online.

SHE3900 review is coming soon!

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #997 of 1,072
Don't waste your money on SHE3900. They are much worser than 3590 and treble is really hot and fatiguing almost unbareable.
If you already love your 3590 why don't you buy another one?

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #998 of 1,072
  Don't waste your money on SHE3900. They are much worser than 3590 and treble is really hot and fatiguing almost unbareable.
If you already love your 3590 why don't you buy another one?

They were on sale and I as curious to see if they improved the sound or not. Some users think so while others disagree.

I agree the treble is rather hot and fatiguing, as well as grainy - the 3590 sounds warm and laid-back in comparison (!!!). At the same time these seem much sharper in the highs than the 3590 but not as good as the SHE8100 (which sadly has terrible mids, despite having a good bass response and transparent highs).

With all these Chinese OEMs Philips I think Philips is losing it...

Well, with Audio-Technica eartips, they don't sound quite as sibilant, still a bit, but it gives a slightly warmer sound.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #999 of 1,072
Hmmm, I see. I am pretty satisfied with the Philips, I just had that annual bug where I want to get something better. Better how, that I don't really know.

I don't trust online shopping - I've imported 3 headphones, and all 3 of them had one issue or the other. I can always ship them back and get them exchanged on warranty, but thats even more money and my budget is pretty tight as it is.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,000 of 1,072
  Hmmm, I see. I am pretty satisfied with the Philips, I just had that annual bug where I want to get something better. Better how, that I don't really know.

I don't trust online shopping - I've imported 3 headphones, and all 3 of them had one issue or the other. I can always ship them back and get them exchanged on warranty, but thats even more money and my budget is pretty tight as it is.

then stick with Philips my friend! if your happy don't see any reason to upgrade!

its just when that "happiness" plateaus... that's when this hobby gets dangerous (when you start asking... what if...or what else is out there.....

for me anyway... I wander off and then I end up coming back and re-enjoying them all over again!

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,002 of 1,072
Piston 3 is warmer and more laid back, lacking sharpness in the treble. It has a wider soundstage but the Philips are more immersive (the rolled-off highs of the P3 can make things sound congested at times). 3590 and 3580 are the same except newer 3590 has oval nozzles. However, some reviews suggest 3595 sound slighty worse due to the additional circuitry.

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,003 of 1,072
  how do piston 3 and she3595 compares to 3580

Piston 3 is warmer and more laid back, lacking sharpness in the treble. It has a wider soundstage but the Philips are more immersive (the rolled-off highs of the P3 can make things sound congested at times). 3590 and 3580 are the same except newer 3590 has oval nozzles. However, some reviews suggest 3595 sound slighty worse due to the additional circuitry.

nice you beat me to it!

yup i found the same thing (the wider soundstage of the pistons also come with less isolation > the 3580.

i noticed that about the 3590s too!

different colours, some glossy, some matte but the oval nozzle threw me off. (i wonder what differences it made)

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,004 of 1,072
nice you beat me to it!

yup i found the same thing (the wider soundstage of the pistons also come with less isolation > the 3580.

i noticed that about the 3590s too!

different colours, some glossy, some matte but the oval nozzle threw me off. (i wonder what differences it made)

F.... My 3590s started to sound muffled without any reason.... Gonna send this guys for repair under warranty bu i think ill buy 3 more pairs.... 6 euros on spanish amazon right now and i love them. They have served me very well for the last 2 years....

Those cx3.00 are that good?
Has anyone upgraded from the philips to the cx3.00, yamaha eph 100, rha ma750 or vsonic vsd3s?

How do those iems compare with the philips? Is it a very big upgrade in terms of sound quality.....?

Cheers...

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #1,005 of 1,072
Check out hte Chinese IEM thread, LZ-Z03A are $30 an amazing IEM for the price. Tons of gear for low prices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back