Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Apr 30, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #976 of 1,072

sorry i hate to burst your bubble but no... the inner core of the shure foams are hard plastic, they won't stretch much at all. and the philips nozzle is much much wider 

i have both and i can say for certain it won't work, you'll hurt your hand trying to get it on (or break the nozzle)

your better off trying to find complys that could fit the nozzle on the philips

I've had the Comply T-200. They're awesome for a month, then they start to fall apart and lose their seal. It's too expensive spending $20 on 3 sets of foam tips every few months for a $8 set of earbuds.

On the Comply T-200, the inner diameter is slightly larger compared to the stock tips inner diameter hole, so I'm hoping they can work. There is also this post that says it works with Shure. :|

Sorry man--I'm with Tom22 here--cancel your order if you can.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 1, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #977 of 1,072

Quote:
Sorry man--I'm with Tom22 here--cancel your order if you can.

hey @Joe Bloggs! have you tried the newer 3590s (i mean like the latest ones) they seem to have a different pair of eartips, and different design (mostly colours) ?

Quote:
  I've had the Comply T-200. They're awesome for a month, then they start to fall apart and lose their seal. It's too expensive spending $20 on 3 sets of foam tips
  I've had the Comply T-200. They're awesome for a month, then they start to fall apart and lose their seal. It's too expensive spending $20 on 3 sets of foam tips every few months for a $8 set of earbuds.

On the Comply T-200, the inner diameter is slightly larger compared to the stock tips inner diameter hole, so I'm hoping they can work. There is also this post that says it works with Shure. :|

On the Comply T-200, the inner diameter is slightly larger compared to the stock tips inner diameter hole, so I'm hoping they can work. There is also this post that says it works with Shure. :|

yup i can definitely agree with you on that! the shure foams do last longer in my experience, but they aren't as comfy (still okay, but comply is still for me the pinnacle of comfort for eartips)

you could try decoring the shure olives, and fit them on. (by decoring them i mean using an exacto- knife to cut out the core, and use the only the foam (then you should be okay) its just the core that will cause you problems for your purpose

May 12, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #978 of 1,072
It was too late to cancel the order, but you guys were right. They didn't fit with these tips I linked.

It was an easy fix though. Grab a pair of needle nose pliers, put the tip of the pliers under flame to warm them up, stick the warm tips inside the inner core, open up the pliers to to stretch them vertically, hold it for about 2 mins, take the pliers out and reheat, stick them in again but stretch horizontally this time. The heated plier tips will help make the plastic more workable and retain the stretch, just don't overheat them, or you will completely melt the plastic core.

And these tips are much better than the comply ones. Their surface seems to be sealed off better and it doesn't collect ear wax as fast and get soft and mushy.

May 25, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #979 of 1,072
at first, I never believed on the reviews here after having an experience on some philips earphones, but I was thankful that I bought the 3590, it's really fantastic, I've compared it to meelectronic m6 and it blows the m6 away in the drawer. it's a fun sounding iem and it really has great clarity compared to the m6 which is quite harsh on the upper mids and very dull on the treble. I can say that it is the same or near to my vsonic gr02.

D6503

May 27, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #980 of 1,072
at first, I never believed on the reviews here after having an experience on some philips earphones, but I was thankful that I bought the 3590, it's really fantastic, I've compared it to meelectronic m6 and it blows the m6 away in the drawer. it's a fun sounding iem and it really has great clarity compared to the m6 which is quite harsh on the upper mids and very dull on the treble. I can say that it is the same or near to my vsonic gr02.

D6503

thats a tiny set up! i love how compact it is! what eartips are you using! it compliments your gear well

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #983 of 1,072
Can anyone here try and compare these Philips with the Dunu Titan 1's? Tom? Please? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Philips and quite like them. Maybe a little too much bass sometimes, but the rest is excellent. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #984 of 1,072
  Can anyone here try and compare these Philips with the Dunu Titan 1's? Tom? Please? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Philips and quite like them. Maybe a little too much bass sometimes, but the rest is excellent. 

i no longer have the she3590, but from memory, the philips are bassier

the dunus are a bit thinner and peakier in the treble.

but obviously the titans are a step up on detail, texture and layering

but philips definitely have the edge in terms of isolation (dunus are semi open)

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #985 of 1,072
I just bought the Phillips SHE8100. Was deciding between the SHE3900 (some reviews said they were better than the 3590 while others say they were a downgrade) and the 8100 but decided to get the 8100 which only cost a bit more (about 20$, the 3900 was 15$). Seems to be a newer product (box says 2015), with a few good reviews on Kakaku. Housings are aluminum and look really nice though the L/R indicators are a bit large

First impressions:
The 8100 seems to be a more U shaped IEM with a recessed midrange - lean and quick. The bass is deep and well-controlled; treble is sharp and clean. Side by side the 8100 requires a bit more juice to be driven at the same volume level as the 3590. Midrange is recessed and a tad thin while bass is powerful but well-controlled. A bit lacking in warmth but vocals sound very "raw" with them. In comparison the 3590 has a more bloated midbass. Upper mids seem more peaked in the 3590, perhaps because I removed the filters (didn't notice much difference when I removed them though).

Soundstage is quite wide, but still has a bit of intimacy. There is quite a lot of depth and a good amount of height. Instrument separation is excellent.

Although they have a vent on the side of the nozzle, they isolate very well, I'd say quite a bit more than the 3590's. They are quite comfortable (oval nozzles) and can be worn over-ear much better than the 3580s. The only problem I have noticed so far is some driver flex on the left ear when inserted deep into the ear (more apparent with over-ear fit). Pressure only happens when the driver-flexed side is inserted too deep but these can sit slightly out of the ear very well.

Will be burning these in and doing a review some time later!

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #986 of 1,072
The sound of the 8100 has not changed much since I bought it, perhaps SLIGHTLY warmer, perhaps I need more burn-in time but I really doubt the mids will change drastically. So far it is a much more leaner and transparent sound than the 3590 with better instrumental separation, but the mids are still lacking. The build quality, comfort and isolation is a step above the 3590 but if you're looking for something with a warmer sound you'll be disappointed.

How are the mids on the SHE3900? Are they more forward than the 3590?

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #987 of 1,072
Here is my review of the 8100:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/philips-she8100bk-27-in-ear-headphones-black/reviews/14030

I think I should have bought the 3900 instead! Now that my Denon C560 broke I am left with only budget-level IEMs, the Piston 3 being my daily driver.

Sep 23, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #988 of 1,072
Thanks for this thread. I just bought the SHE3590 for 10 euro's :). I will need to check the EQ closer because there are no value's attached to the screenshot.

Is someone by any chance using the EQ from VLC :)? That one does have values. Like this: http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/15/76/63541619204110/0/vlc-best-android-media-player-youre-not-using.w654.jpg

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #989 of 1,072
I love these IEM's. Great sound that compares to much more expensive models.

However I seem to churn through them - the channels (1 or both) stop working after a relatively short time, I'd guess probably at around 3-6 months of use. What are your experiences with their durability?

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #990 of 1,072
  I love these IEM's. Great sound that compares to much more expensive models.

However I seem to churn through them - the channels (1 or both) stop working after a relatively short time, I'd guess probably at around 3-6 months of use. What are your experiences with their durability?

I've had a SHE3580 that worked for several years despite the wire becoming frayed on one side. Eventually it was the other side that failed (seemed the strain relief was damaged inside).

They feel like 10$ earbuds but can last a long time even if you're a pocket-user. The same can' be said for some high-end IEMs I've had which have become damaged from being constantly carried in pockets (Audio-Technica IM70 and CKM500 for example).

I have bought the SHE3900 today and will be burning these in. Expect a review in the next few weeks.

First impressions are so far very good. It has a v-shaped signature but the mids are less thin-sounding than the 3590 or 8100 which I recently reviewed. Low end is a bit loose out of the box, but bloated or overpowering and fairly balanced between the sub-bass and mid-bass.  Highs are a little hot. Soundstage is a bit intimate, but not congested. They sound a bit like the ATH-M50x overall, but are not as warm or metallic, and hotter in the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back