Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 17, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #14,941 of 15,268
Oct 17, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #14,942 of 15,268
Nov 8, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #14,943 of 15,268
After a few weeks of A/B'ing between the X1 and X2 I think at this point I prefer the X2's. It was tough because the X1's have a (to my ears) flawless tonality and I've found the X2's not only a tad too energetic but also more resolving. And yet I wanted them to be just as easy a listen, just as much fun to turn up and bop to. So I spent some time EQ'ing and finally settled on a profile I'm real happy with. I'll post it here for anyone interested.

dwdw.png

I haven't found the need for APO/Peace yet, I really like this as-is. They still have that fun sound with serious attack and energy, which is what makes them the Fidelios we like so much, but it's better balanced imo. I reduced the bass a little (not by much ofcourse because the X2 bass is excellent) so the midrange comes through more, and a 3-4db reduction in the 4k and 8k-10k peaks. I like the extra energy from the added 16k peak - it introduces no additional harshness, just a bit of sparkle.

Now listening to If You Had My Love by Jennifer Lopez and it's perfection, the bass on that dance break in the middle is just fire :)

Nov 9, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #14,944 of 15,268
After a few weeks of A/B'ing between the X1 and X2 I think at this point I prefer the X2's. It was tough because the X1's have a (to my ears) flawless tonality and I've found the X2's not only a tad too energetic but also more resolving. And yet I wanted them to be just as easy a listen, just as much fun to turn up and bop to. So I spent some time EQ'ing and finally settled on a profile I'm real happy with. I'll post it here for anyone interested.

I haven't found the need for APO/Peace yet, I really like this as-is. They still have that fun sound with serious attack and energy, which is what makes them the Fidelios we like so much, but it's better balanced imo. I reduced the bass a little (not by much ofcourse because the X2 bass is excellent) so the midrange comes through more, and a 3-4db reduction in the 4k and 8k-10k peaks. I like the extra energy from the added 16k peak - it introduces no additional harshness, just a bit of sparkle.

Now listening to If You Had My Love by Jennifer Lopez and it's perfection, the bass on that dance break in the middle is just fire :)
Glad you’re enjoying them. Have had my OG pair since 2014 and still love them absolutely. Just wish I could hear above 10k these days. Lol

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #14,946 of 15,268
Haha :beerchug: And I'm surprised your pads have held up over seven years, they definitely are my main concern that's why I bought another pair of X2HR's.
Dekoni is making direct swap ear pad replacements for the X2HR and the X1. I have their choice leather pads on my X2s right now. There's a suede option as well if I'm not mistaken.

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #14,947 of 15,268
Haha :beerchug: And I'm surprised your pads have held up over seven years, they definitely are my main concern that's why I bought another pair of X2HR's.
Way back when I bought them I almost immediately bought some replacement pads. Do this for every headphone that I know I will keep long term. First listen to the X2 I just knew. Anyhow, I have not replaced the originals yet! Probably because I rotate through my collection of cans fairly regularly, as well as listen to a 2-channel home system. The only pads that went bad on any of my hp's was the Thinksound ON2, and that has been very recently. For whatever reason the pads stuck to my curved wood stand and messed them up. No worries - bought extra pads for them too. LOL

Nov 13, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #14,948 of 15,268
Dekoni is making direct swap ear pad replacements for the X2HR and the X1. I have their choice leather pads on my X2s right now. There's a suede option as well if I'm not mistaken.

What are your feelings on the Dekoni's? I still have my Brainwavz XL (Gel) ... but since these are specifics to the X2HRs I actually got interested but on the suede version though.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #14,949 of 15,268
What are your feelings on the Dekoni's? I still have my Brainwavz XL (Gel) ... but since these are specifics to the X2HRs I actually got interested but on the suede version though.
I like the Dekoni pads, but wish I would have purchased the suede pads instead of pleather. The pleather sound good, but seem to slightly increase the bass on an already "bassy" headphone. I think the suede would probably remain closest to original sound signature, but haven't heard them.

Nov 24, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #14,950 of 15,268
has anyone compared ma900 vs x2hr ? i got one, and thinking i shouldn't waste money for x2hr, or should i?

Nov 24, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #14,951 of 15,268
has anyone compared ma900 vs x2hr ? i got one, and thinking i shouldn't waste money for x2hr, or should i?
You should waste your time and money on the X2HR because the chance is quite big you'll love it.

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #14,952 of 15,268
X2HR might be the best deal in audio at $124.99. Sturdy things too. Z7 Sonys is what it took for me to "step up" decisively back in 2018 or so. Supposedly it measures horribly or something which is hilarious considering they're so clearly a great hp in actual use.

Nov 24, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #14,953 of 15,268
You should waste your time and money on the X2HR because the chance is quite big you'll love it.
i have a sense i might like it, cause of lots of research, and youtube vids reviews too, there are some cheap ones 84.00 - 99.00~ in UK

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #14,954 of 15,268
i have a sense i might like it, cause of lots of research, and youtube vids reviews too, there are some cheap ones 84.00 - 99.00~ in UK
Great prices. There is indeed a good chance you'll like it. The velour pads are really nice and something else, the headband is damn comfy too. If you get it new, the earpads might not feel comfortable because they are new and stiff but after some time, you won't notice them. The treble is very silky smooth, the sssibilance is surprisingly very smooth too, non-fatiguing and the bass is nicely done too. For the prices you mentioned, hard to ignore it. I'm still planning to get a new pair as backup and found one for €99.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #14,955 of 15,268
Good evening everyone, I'm undecided between the X2hr and the sennheiser hd 599 .. Consider that I love the sound of the XBA-N3 so I love the bass, but I don't want excessive bass, such as in the meze 99 classics. I just tried the hd560s I found them too neutral for my taste .. Thanks in advance for any advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back