Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 24, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #14,911 of 15,268
I have both the X2HR and Amiron Home. The Amiron Home is a very unique headphone, I can't explain nor describe why but the owners in the Amiron Home topic agree with me. The X2HR, I'm really surprised you can have such great sound and comfort for such affordable prices. IMHO it's pretty much unnecessary to waste a crapton of money on expensive headphones. I have 3 expensive headphones but they are exceptional and also very underrated and other than that, I don't see myself going that path any time anymore.

But the stock velour earpads on the X2HR! Damn you, Philips! They feel like angel's butts on your ears lol

Damn, bro! 7 years!! X2 OG4Life, baby!
the amiron is a nice headphone but it is not that it is very funny and energetic, it tries to explain what is unique about the amiron.

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #14,912 of 15,268
the amiron is a nice headphone but it is not that it is very funny and energetic, it tries to explain what is unique about the amiron.
It probably could be because of different dac/amps. But I'm happy with both of them. I pick depending on my mood.

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #14,914 of 15,268
I use fidelio with loxjie p20 and amiron with A90 but it doesn't satisfy me so much, with which amp do you like amiron?
So far only Fiio K5 Pro since I haven't been using any of my headphone for other than PC use for the past one year or so.

My Huawei Z, I forgot its correct name has a crappy dac and it's not fun to hear to audio regardless which headphone so only wireless.
The Mate 20X on the other hand has a much better dac and the Amiron Home gives such cinematic audio. The last time I used my Huawei Mate 20X was way before I got my X2HR. Of course this hobby is extremely subjective. Some loves the X2HR and others wants to beat it to pulp and vice versa for Amiron Home. Otherwise this hobby would be very boring if all 7 billions of humans got the same ears lol :p

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #14,915 of 15,268
So far only Fiio K5 Pro since I haven't been using any of my headphone for other than PC use for the past one year or so.

My Huawei Z, I forgot its correct name has a crappy dac and it's not fun to hear to audio regardless which headphone so only wireless.
The Mate 20X on the other hand has a much better dac and the Amiron Home gives such cinematic audio. The last time I used my Huawei Mate 20X was way before I got my X2HR. Of course this hobby is extremely subjective. Some loves the X2HR and others wants to beat it to pulp and vice versa for Amiron Home. Otherwise this hobby would be very boring if all 7 billions of humans got the same ears lol :p
very true:relaxed:

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #14,916 of 15,268
Has someone tried to adapt hifiman deva bluetooth dongle to X2 ?

Sep 26, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #14,918 of 15,268
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #14,920 of 15,268
after some ear tests I have to say that I prefer the standard cable to the litz copper one, the standard cable has a much more musical and pleasant sound than the new cable and the instruments feel more defined.
I will no longer buy headphone upgrade cables because in my opinion other cables change the headphone sound not always in a positive way.

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #14,921 of 15,268
after some ear tests I have to say that I prefer the standard cable to the litz copper one, the standard cable has a much more musical and pleasant sound than the new cable and the instruments feel more defined.
I will no longer buy headphone upgrade cables because in my opinion other cables change the headphone sound not always in a positive way.
True that. I have the Meze 99 Classics and got the upgrade cable for it and am impressed it how much details there is, treble and bass has gotten nicer. Then I tried for the giggles the upgrade cable on my Amiron Home and I can tell you: What. Treble is not pleasant to, it's not really the treble itself but the best to explain: when crashing on cars in GTAV for example, the crash sounds are unpleasant. When using the standard cable, it's fine. But when using the cable I got with the Beyerdynamic T5p.2 to use for my Amiron Home, sound is better and more pleasant.

Cables are a headache because too many options. I haven't bothered with that since the upgrade cable for my Meze 99 Classic.

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #14,924 of 15,268
for the amiron i tried a pure silver cable and a liz xlr copper cable but, its original cable is always the best.
I think it depends on the type of headphone itself, I could be wrong tho. The Amiron Home will sounds like crap when using pure silver or upgrade cable but when you use the T5 cable, the sound is damn good :3. The Amiron and X2HR are both bassy headphones. But then again, the Meze 99 Classic is a bassy one and yet the upgrade cable makes it a much better sounding headphone...

The biggest issue I have is why they won't include a 1.2m cable.

Anyone here uses the x2hr with the ps5 for 3d audio? How is it?
The X2HR is a great sounding headphone for any device. Wether be it for PS5, PC, Xbox, NDS, mp3-player, any.

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #14,925 of 15,268
The X2HR is a great sounding headphone for any device. Wether be it for PS5, PC, Xbox, NDS, mp3-player, any.
What I'm worried is the reports saying the ps5 can't provide enough power for wired headphones like the x2hr. Even using an external dac/amp like the sound blasterx g6 does not help much. Must be due to the usb port on the ps5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back