Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 21, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #14,896 of 15,268
At this point it's much cheaper for me to get a brand new X2HR than buying Dekoni, paying customs fees, taxes and shipping.
I found a brand new X2HR for €99.

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #14,897 of 15,268
At this point it's much cheaper for me to get a brand new X2HR than buying Dekoni, paying customs fees, taxes and shipping.
I found a brand new X2HR for €99.
Nice deal...what site?

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #14,898 of 15,268
Nice deal...what site?
Well, it's marketplace local, not really a web/store. And another seller is selling a brand new for €125.
Still cheaper than Dekoni and then paying a crapton of fees after. It sucks because we can't buy stuff anymore from the UK like it used to be.
I once bought a leather case for my Marshall Speaker for €60 I think and the fees after were €25!!!

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #14,899 of 15,268
The Focal Elex would get quite expensive, because I would have to import them to EU.

I don't have a lot of experience with headphone, so I don't really know the sound signature that I like.
The X2 can get quite messy in tracks with a lot going on (lots of guitars, vocal at the same time...), but I quite like the soundstage.
So I think I'm looking mostly for detail in songs.

Two months ago I bought the Ety ER4XR and I'm really enjoying them.
Are you using an amp for the X2?

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #14,900 of 15,268
The Focal Elex would get quite expensive, because I would have to import them to EU.

I don't have a lot of experience with headphone, so I don't really know the sound signature that I like.
The X2 can get quite messy in tracks with a lot going on (lots of guitars, vocal at the same time...), but I quite like the soundstage.
So I think I'm looking mostly for detail in songs.

Two months ago I bought the Ety ER4XR and I'm really enjoying them.

Oh. Another case of it being bad how Drop discontinued its EU shipping a couple of years ago.

Yes, the ER4 series completely out-classes the Philips in detail retrieval and accuracy. I don't know of any IEM less than one thousand USD that can best the Philips soundstage to recommend. Closer in price to the Philips we have the Sennheiser HD560S, which matches the X2 in soundstage, and defeats it in all other technical categories. The only Beyer I've heard and can recommend is the DT880. But that headphone performs its magic only after quality amplification, so cheap dongles are a no-no.

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #14,901 of 15,268
Oh. Another case of it being bad how Drop discontinued its EU shipping a couple of years ago.

Yes, the ER4 series completely out-classes the Philips in detail retrieval and accuracy. I don't know of any IEM less than one thousand USD that can best the Philips soundstage to recommend. Closer in price to the Philips we have the Sennheiser HD560S, which matches the X2 in soundstage, and defeats it in all other technical categories. The only Beyer I've heard and can recommend is the DT880. But that headphone performs its magic only after quality amplification, so cheap dongles are a no-no.
what do you think the Sennheiser HD560S has better than the x2hr?

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #14,902 of 15,268
what do you think the Sennheiser HD560S has better than the x2hr?

For me, just about everything the HD650S does is just better than the X2 (I don't have the HR variant). Extension of frequency response at both ends of the spectrum and detail retrieval. The midbass emphasis of the X2 is too much, whereas the HD650S handles the bass response in a more neutral manner with better sub-bass. I call it accuracy. The treble response of the HD650 is smoother with no uneven spikes requiring EQ. Not to mention comfort... The HD560S sits firmly on my head, whereas the X2 sags and is subject to too many adjustments while listening, especially if the head moves.

Listen, I'm not here to trash my fine X2, which I use frequently (mainly for TV shows and movies). The HD560S is simply the better headphone. I wish my daughter hadn't chosen it as the one she wanted to take with her to college on the east coast. She did some testing of it vs The HD58X, the HE-400i 2020, and the Focal Elegia. After listening to these offerings, the HD560S was the clear champ for her.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #14,903 of 15,268
I had the 560S and boy, the soundstage is crammed! It's like a bad closedback headphone. The seperations of instruments is nice though but not worth the money.
X2HR for life, baby!

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #14,905 of 15,268
I had the 560S and boy, the soundstage is crammed! It's like a bad closedback headphone. The seperations of instruments is nice though but not worth the money.
X2HR for life, baby!
Next month is my 7th year anniversary with the X2 OG. For life baby!!

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #14,906 of 15,268
the x2HR has such a full and defined sound that I prefer it to the amiron and sundara.
I have both the X2HR and Amiron Home. The Amiron Home is a very unique headphone, I can't explain nor describe why but the owners in the Amiron Home topic agree with me. The X2HR, I'm really surprised you can have such great sound and comfort for such affordable prices. IMHO it's pretty much unnecessary to waste a crapton of money on expensive headphones. I have 3 expensive headphones but they are exceptional and also very underrated and other than that, I don't see myself going that path any time anymore.

But the stock velour earpads on the X2HR! Damn you, Philips! They feel like angel's butts on your ears lol

Next month is my 7th year anniversary with the X2 OG. For life baby!!
Damn, bro! 7 years!! X2 OG4Life, baby!

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #14,907 of 15,268
For me, just about everything the HD650S does is just better than the X2 (I don't have the HR variant). Extension of frequency response at both ends of the spectrum and detail retrieval. The midbass emphasis of the X2 is too much, whereas the HD650S handles the bass response in a more neutral manner with better sub-bass. I call it accuracy. The treble response of the HD650 is smoother with no uneven spikes requiring EQ. Not to mention comfort... The HD560S sits firmly on my head, whereas the X2 sags and is subject to too many adjustments while listening, especially if the head moves.

Listen, I'm not here to trash my fine X2, which I use frequently (mainly for TV shows and movies). The HD560S is simply the better headphone. I wish my daughter hadn't chosen it as the one she wanted to take with her to college on the east coast. She did some testing of it vs The HD58X, the HE-400i 2020, and the Focal Elegia. After listening to these offerings, the HD560S was the clear champ for her.
Your daughter has great tastes for headphones :p Youngsters usually go for overrated and overpriced garbage like Beats crap and so on.
Isn't she or you afraid of the headphones gets stolen? I mean, Focal Elegia!

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #14,910 of 15,268
Your daughter has great tastes for headphones :p Youngsters usually go for overrated and overpriced garbage like Beats crap and so on.
Isn't she or you afraid of the headphones gets stolen? I mean, Focal Elegia!

That headphone remains safely at home for when she visits during holidays. She loved its fashionable looks and the case really caught her eye, too. In the end, she loved the fit, look, and especially the sound, of the Sennheiser. She should have seen the look on her face as she eagerly snatched them away...

Her inventory:
  1. HD560S
  2. Apple Airpods Pro (for noise cancelled studying)
  3. Koss KPH30i (loves the sound and retro-cool lightweight design)
I didn't want to send her off with anything that required amplification, but she did love the looks and sound of the HE400i, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back