Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 7, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #11,881 of 15,268
Bonus for Overwatch, enable Dolby Atmos with the X2 and you get so good at identifying steps, people will think you're wallhacking. First-hand experience...

Oh yeah, i have Dolby Atmos enabled. And what you are saying is true. Its like you get superpowers. My brother tried my cans for overwatch and he immidietly bought himself a pair too.

Thanks to all that suggested music :) I have not been into music the past 12 years, just recently started because i bought these cans.

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #11,883 of 15,268
I have come to the Fidelio x2's after my Beyerdynamic DT990's gave up after less than 7 months from new. Unlike some people, I never felt they were particularly well built, feeling rather light and plasticky, but oh, I loved the sound they made, that wide open soundstage and the sparkling highs.

Now the Fidelio' s are wonderfully made, they feel and look classy, but so far I'm not convinced about the sound, it doesn't sound anywhere near as clear as on the Beyerdynamic', it's like there is a veil over parts of the music.

Is this something that will lessen over time, or will I have to buy some other phones to get that clarity?

The fidelio's sound fine with electronic and dance music, but not so good with rock, pop and classical.

I'm playing them through either an Onkyo Tx nr646, or a Little Dot Mk2.

Any advice appreciated.

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #11,884 of 15,268
I have come to the Fidelio x2's after my Beyerdynamic DT990's gave up after less than 7 months from new. Unlike some people, I never felt they were particularly well built, feeling rather light and plasticky, but oh, I loved the sound they made, that wide open soundstage and the sparkling highs.

Now the Fidelio' s are wonderfully made, they feel and look classy, but so far I'm not convinced about the sound, it doesn't sound anywhere near as clear as on the Beyerdynamic', it's like there is a veil over parts of the music.

Is this something that will lessen over time, or will I have to buy some other phones to get that clarity?

The fidelio's sound fine with electronic and dance music, but not so good with rock, pop and classical.

I'm playing them through either an Onkyo Tx nr646, or a Little Dot Mk2.

Any advice appreciated.

Just give them some time and you will come to really appreciate the sound.

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #11,885 of 15,268
Sorry to say I sold my X2's. Lovely headphone no doubt, wonderfully built, lovely to look at, good sound, but the highs were just that bit too much shrill for me, too sibliant. Gave most music an edgy unrelaxed feeling for me. This bad highs effect could be corrected with a equalizer, but my PC's windows soundcard cant' do equalizers for some reaosn.

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #11,886 of 15,268
  Sorry to say I sold my X2's. Lovely headphone no doubt, wonderfully built, lovely to look at, good sound, but the highs were just that bit too much shrill for me, too sibliant. Gave most music an edgy unrelaxed feeling for me. This bad highs effect could be corrected with a equalizer, but my PC's windows soundcard cant' do equalizers for some reaosn.

You could've always used a free third-party tool like Equalizer APO. Works with any sound card. I use it as well, also for the sibilant highs.

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #11,887 of 15,268

Sibilant ? Stay away from Audio Technica Air series and Dt990 :)

Seriously, In my whole collection, after hd650, X2 is less sibilant and easy to listen headphone. 

dt1350, dt990, dt770, ad900x, superlux 681 ... 

With this post I realize once again that the  sound preferences are really different from person to person.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #11,889 of 15,268
Does the x2 have deeper and tighter bass than x1?

According to the FR graphs, the sub-bass response is about the same, but the X1 apparently has more mid-bass and mid-treble sounding more scooped (whereas the X2's treble peaks a bit further out). The overall impression is that the X2 sounds more neutral. How you might change the volume to drive them as a result of the flatter response will change how you perceive the sound.

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #11,892 of 15,268
  These cans attract all the dust and hairs in my room. How do you clean these best?

I have this problem with velour pads. Its scary to look at lol. I'll use my fingernails and scratch them. Sometimes the dust balls up and you pull it off easily. Like a back and forth scratching. ANother tip is to use duct tape after scratching. It really takes most of it off, and no sticky residue (mind you, i use decent duct tape, cant speak of dollar store ones) Hardware store quality will do. Maybe lint collecter device but never tried.

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #11,893 of 15,268
Thanks guys, im gonna grab one of those when im at the store tomorrow. The lint, dust and stuff makes them super itchy. I kinda wish they were made of velour, i dont have that issue with that.
Are there any good after market pads i can get?

Also, i really love this community. So helpful and nice all the time! =)

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #11,894 of 15,268
  Are there any good after market pads i can get?

Many people like Brainwavz HM5 pads, which come in a zillion different variations; pleather, sheepskin, velour, hybrid, and have many colors and can be either angled or straight. Most importantly though, they are super huge, angel's breasts.

I personally don't have those yet, but I had the benefit of trying one recently. Will probably place an order soon.

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #11,895 of 15,268

Many people like Brainwavz HM5 pads, which come in a zillion different variations; pleather, sheepskin, velour, hybrid, and have many colors and can be either angled or straight. Most importantly though, they are super huge, angel's breasts.

I personally don't have those yet, but I had the benefit of trying one recently. Will probably place an order soon.

Wow, those were also very cheap. And free international shipping? Wow, thats insane.
Not sure if i want velour or pleather. I have no idea what pleather even is, so i might have to go to a store that sells headphones with pleather to check what they feel like.
Thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back