Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 9, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #11,896 of 15,268

Wow, those were also very cheap. And free international shipping? Wow, thats insane.
Not sure if i want velour or pleather. I have no idea what pleather even is, so i might have to go to a store that sells headphones with pleather to check what they feel like.
Thanks for the tip.

Pleather is just fake leather.

I tried my pleather hm5s and eventually took them off. I think the issue for me was the treble was getting too close to being harsh. They were damn comfy though. Haven't bothered trying my velour ones since I don't want to wrestle them off my Grados (and I do like the stock X2 earpads) 

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #11,898 of 15,268
Would you guys recommend any other headphones over the Fidelio x2 for Gaming and watching Movies? I'm looking for a headphone that has a good soundstage but with an impact in Bass. Thanks

I picked up the X2 and AKG K712 mostly for gaming. Bounce between both depending on mood, or game.

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #11,900 of 15,268
I just sold my X2 :frowning2: had it for a month, love the build but it sounded unnatural on treble side, like sparky with harshness.
Picked up hd650s and its amazing, an easy win over X2 in every aspect. I don't hate X2, hope they will fix the artificial treble sounding problem on X3. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #11,902 of 15,268

I just sold my X2 :frowning2: had it for a month, love the build but it sounded unnatural on treble side, like sparky with harshness.
Picked up hd650s and its amazing, an easy win over X2 in every aspect. I don't hate X2, hope they will fix the artificial treble sounding problem on X3. 

To be fair, HD650's don't win in EVERY aspect........notably, soundstage width. Also, I don't know what the prices are now, but at the time I bought my X2, HD650 was double the cost or more.

TBH, soundstage is the main reason I still have my X2 and AKG K7XX still around! I almost never pick them up now, but it's nice to know they're there if I need them for that reason.

I still love and have my X2. I do love my HD6XX (Massdrop HD650) even more. I love my Fostex TH-X00 PH even more than the 650 :)

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #11,904 of 15,268
I've heard that many people keep both an X2 and an HD 650, switching between the two depending on the mood. You definitely get a lot of more "fun" out of the X2, while the HD 650 are much more accurate and straight-forward. Both headphones have different use-cases.

Also, a new one is coming in called the X2HR. Not yet sure what's different, pictures and technical aspects are the same. Gonna get released in March already though, so let's see.

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #11,905 of 15,268
  I've heard that many people keep both an X2 and an HD 650, switching between the two depending on the mood. You definitely get a lot of more "fun" out of the X2, while the HD 650 are much more accurate and straight-forward. Both headphones have different use-cases.

Also, a new one is coming in called the X2HR. Not yet sure what's different, pictures and technical aspects are the same. Gonna get released in March already though, so let's see.

Thanks for the info, I'll wait until march then for the purchase (unless the T90 goes on sale again)

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #11,906 of 15,268

They have better pads according to reports. Bigger softer, sort of memoryfoam but still velour paddings. Gibson wants to repair their "glued pads" issues I think. 

I hope they sell them seperatly, so we can buy it for our X2s too. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #11,907 of 15,268
In reply to gaming I have the Beyer T1.1, Denon D7000, Sony MA900 & the Phillips X2.

The X2 wins hands down for pin point positioning and thrills while gaming from the selection I have.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #11,908 of 15,268
They have better pads according to reports. Bigger softer, sort of memoryfoam but still velour paddings. Gibson wants to repair their "glued pads" issues I think. 

I hope they sell them seperatly, so we can buy it for our X2s too. 

The glue issue has been resolved long ago for the normal X2s. I know because I had three pairs and none of them had any glue.

Curiosity got the better of me and I directly contacted Philips' customer service about the X2HR. One can pray they'll actually know something.

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #11,909 of 15,268
I'm ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the X2's or the K712's. Spoke to an assistant regarding the X2's early flawed Gibson model from the online store I'll be buying it from. She says that the batch her store has was manufactured in Nov 2016. So should it be fine then?

And if so, I'm torn between the X2's and the K712's. They're the same price for me right now around £180.

But I don't have an amp+dac for the K712, maybe sometime later in the year I'll get into that.

I'm totally new to the audiophile world, and am currently running the Hyperx Cloud 2 from my TV. Turned up to 75 and it's nice, loud and clean. So I know the X2's will do well through the TV. But what about the K712's? Will they do well through the TV?

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #11,910 of 15,268
For those using Equalizer APO, care to share your settings?

I've been lowering the bass and increasing the mids to bring them more forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back