Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 28, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #11,432 of 15,268
Well, all I can do is thank people for their input in this thread as I also am really enjoying the x2's.....more than any other headphone I have bought.  I am pairing them with a Nuforce icon hdp and they just sing throught it, more than any of my daps (and most daps can run these cans....just not as well as a dedicated amp/dac).  I put my beyer dt931's on last night and they just cannot hold a candle to the x2's - the dt931's sound thin and lifeless next to the x2's.  And they are not as spacious in their presentation.  I was originally tossing up between getting a pair of sennheiser hd600/650's or the x2's - and while I have not had an extended listen those the senns, I am pretty happy with my choice in the x2's.  I really like how I do not HAVE to use a dedicated amp/dac for them to sound pretty good (while that is a must with the senn's).

Thanks again for all the info, guys.  Here in Australia the x2's cost as much as the senn hd600/650's, so comparable price wise.

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #11,434 of 15,268
I think that number referes to the version, I know the X2/27 was the US version and the EU was X2/00, dont know about the X2/28, maybe some newer US revision?

Besides the packaging there are zero differences between these.

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #11,439 of 15,268
I just got my own X2 and am very pleased with their sound! However, the cable is a mess. Very stiff, way too long, and the fabric covering means I hear every scratch. Any recommendations for a replacement cable between 1.2 to 1.5 meters?

Yes, I know it's just a basic aux-to-aux cable, but maybe there's a particular type of cable worth picking up instead of the next best 2€ one I find.

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #11,440 of 15,268
I just got my own X2 and am very pleased with their sound! However, the cable is a mess. Very stiff, way too long, and the fabric covering means I hear every scratch. Any recommendations for a replacement cable between 1.2 to 1.5 meters?

Yes, I know it's just a basic aux-to-aux cable, but maybe there's a particular type of cable worth picking up instead of the next best 2€ one I find.

The VModa one on Amazon has been a favorite. I use it also and am quite pleased. With my X2 which I dearly love. Good choice.

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #11,442 of 15,268
Slightly cheaper and in different lengths!

https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00DI8A05Q/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1478093535&sr=8-8&keywords=kabeldirekt

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #11,444 of 15,268
I've seen those before, but I'm not sure how resistant they are too "scratch sounds". Also durability.

I'm not sure what "scratch sounds" are but the cable is not as microphonic as the one it came with and isn't covered in fabric. As far as durability goes, the cable itself feels really solid as does the saddle for the plug. I like that it's slightly oval because it means its easier to get a grip on. Looks like there a few negative reviews on amazon over quality but I've had mine for over 6 months, occasionally rolled over the cable with my desk chair, and it still sounds great.

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #11,445 of 15,268
  I'm not sure what "scratch sounds" are but the cable is not as microphonic as the one it came with and isn't covered in fabric. As far as durability goes, the cable itself feels really solid as does the saddle for the plug. I like that it's slightly oval because it means its easier to get a grip on. Looks like there a few negative reviews on amazon over quality but I've had mine for over 6 months, occasionally rolled over the cable with my desk chair, and it still sounds great.

I have exactly this one from kabeldirect, and absolutely no issues with microphonics or 'scratch sounds'. Build qualitiy is as good as it can get, especially for the price, and looks durable. Cable itself is solid without being stiff but rather flexible, something that normally does not happen with fabric/kevlar covered cables like the original or the V-moda (also have it as I own a M80), that tend to keep some form 'memory' and be less flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back