Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 18, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #11,401 of 15,268
Really like my x2s for gaming and music. Use it with a schiit Magni/modi.

Any good suggestions on a closed headphone, that sounds some what similar? Need a closed HP to block out noise from outside once in a while. Is the dt770 80ohm i decent alternative? Budget limit to 200$

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #11,403 of 15,268
how is it soundstage as compared to hd598?

Just a friendly advice : instead of posting 20 posts a day spread over a myriad of threads asking for comparison between a large number of headphones I'd suggest you start a "help me find my new headphones" thread. Here you should state what you like and dislike in your current headphones and what improvements you're looking for. This way you'll be able to get much more accurate suggestions that's more relevant for you. Then when you've got a short list with maybe three candidates you can go to the dedicated threads asking for comparison between them. I this you'll get much better help this way and hopefully also find something that's really right for you.

Good luck in the hunt :wink:

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #11,404 of 15,268
  which has a better soundstage and detailed sound and good seperation?

Honestly, to me at least SHP9500  has better soundstage, detailed sound, good separation and MUCH more Airiness...my X2 sounds a bit veiled.

however bass is kinda weak on SHP9500 but still good, i wouldn't listen to bassy music like EDM on shp9500..metal is not very good on these too(but ok)

however shp9500 really shines with acrostic, jazz and rock music(provided its good recording)

Fidelio X2 is still great headphone with good sound, soundstage and separation..its one of the few open back headphones with great bass..and that's what separate X2

from others..Its bass.

i have been using them for gaming too and they sound awesome, both fun sounding and accurate.

to me X2 cons are : 1) kinda heavy build and 2) needs bit power to really shine

im thinking of selling my X2 and get Hifiman edition s instead..however i don't think i will ever sell SHP9500, their that special to me
smile_phones.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #11,408 of 15,268
i have hd598 they have almost no bass and i want them for gaming so thats why

If you don't think the HD598 has bass I'd avoid the SHP95000..........

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #11,409 of 15,268
Really like my x2s for gaming and music. Use it with a schiit Magni/modi.

Any good suggestions on a closed headphone, that sounds some what similar? Need a closed HP to block out noise from outside once in a while. Is the dt770 80ohm i decent alternative? Budget limit to 200$

Cant go wrong with the 770, with prices dropping

for 200 and a tad more risque :p dt660 (surprisingly good) + djpro100 (underrated) together for sometimes less than 200 ... 2 decent portables without many fans.

With 200 the options are many, so do your research, but the 770 seem like a super safe bet

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #11,410 of 15,268
Just a friendly advice : instead of posting 20 posts a day spread over a myriad of threads asking for comparison between a large number of headphones I'd suggest you start a "help me find my new headphones" thread. Here you should state what you like and dislike in your current headphones and what improvements you're looking for. This way you'll be able to get much more accurate suggestions that's more relevant for you. Then when you've got a short list with maybe three candidates you can go to the dedicated threads asking for comparison between them. I this you'll get much better help this way and hopefully also find something that's really right for you.

Good luck in the hunt
wink.gif

LOL, i thought possibly trolling.

But that is a good suggestion.

It took me a while to grasp the "rules" of the forum kinda, sorta,

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #11,411 of 15,268
Honestly, to me at least SHP9500  has better soundstage, detailed sound, good separation and MUCH more Airiness...my X2 sounds a bit veiled.

however bass is kinda weak on SHP9500 but still good, i wouldn't listen to bassy music like EDM on shp9500..metal is not very good on these too(but ok)

however shp9500 really shines with acrostic, jazz and rock music(provided its good recording)

Fidelio X2 is still great headphone with good sound, soundstage and separation..its one of the few open back headphones with great bass..and that's what separate X2

from others..Its bass.

i have been using them for gaming too and they sound awesome, both fun sounding and accurate.

to me X2 cons are : 1) kinda heavy build and 2) needs bit power to really shine

im thinking of selling my X2 and get Hifiman edition s instead..however i don't think i will ever sell SHP9500, their that special to me :smile_phones:

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #11,412 of 15,268
The 9500s are indeed special, kinda like the KSC75 and how they are special.

Its not top dog, and lately I'm been leaning to German sound. It works for me. I do love my xb1k, 9500s, and other asian ones, but my brain and German sound click. Beyer that is.

Tyll loved the x2, but put the 400S as slightly more pleasant. Maybe the x2 is too beastly, sure looks like it.

Either way, the X2 is very near top dog, and for its price is highway robbery from the sounds of it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #11,415 of 15,268

my X2 sounds a bit veiled.

I've heard more people say that and i had the same impression, but not anymore - they are very detailed + have a monstrous bass. I guess they need some burn-in.

Quote:

Either way, the X2 is very near top dog, and for its price is highway robbery from the sounds of it.

Agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back