Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #11,371 of 15,268
Unless it's black I don't think it is. The headphone would probably fall apart.

The X2's I received are fantastic so far. Really really like them, great amount of bass and the mids are still very clear, sonundstage is fantastic. I prefer these so much more than the HD599 and HD700 which I tried for a week. Also more than the Oppo PM-3's, haven't heard the PM-2's yet.

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #11,372 of 15,268
Oct 7, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #11,373 of 15,268
Guys, need some non pricy cable suggestions for the X2's. Got the V-Moda cable to try and fix the microphonics problems of the original cable and, although it's indeed better on that regard, the V-Moda cable is quite short..

So, I'm looking for decently priced cables with 3m or more in lenght.

What do you guys think of this: www.ebay.com/itm/281199686467?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

That seems good for the price(3m/$25) like slim 3.5mm jacks with decent strain reliefs....You can also check at ali for more options still within your budget, as this also seller also from china.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #11,374 of 15,268
  Guys, need some non pricy cable suggestions for the X2's. Got the V-Moda cable to try and fix the microphonics problems of the original cable and, although it's indeed better on that regard, the V-Moda cable is quite short..

I suggest you a kabeldirekt cable :
https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00RXNUELM

This is what I use for mine. :)
I also use their extension cable for my TV. I highly recommend them, and they come with a 18 months warranty.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #11,375 of 15,268
How is the KabelDirekt cable regarding microphonics..?

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #11,376 of 15,268

What do you guys think of this: www.ebay.com/itm/281199686467?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

are you sure you don't have the "crackling headband" problem? haven't seen anyone else complaining about cable microphonics...  (depends on what the cable comes in contact with, but still)

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #11,377 of 15,268

are you sure you don't have the "crackling headband" problem? haven't seen anyone else complaining about cable microphonics...  (depends on what the cable comes in contact with, but still)

Yes, headband makes no sound. It's really the cable, it suffers heavily from microphonics. The v-moda cable I got is a lot better on that, but it's short.. My bad for not checking the size before ordering.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #11,378 of 15,268
@RSC08
Sorry I can't compare it to the official X2 cable because I never had the official one.
It does some microphonics, but I find it good/acceptable, but it really depends on you and your preferences.

I don't even know if you can find one without microphonics noise with the X2.
I would be happy to be proved wrong however ^_^

If you find one, please post it in this thread to let us know, I'm also very interested by this.
Good luck for your search ^_^

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #11,379 of 15,268
Would there be much difference in using either a chord mojo vs dragonfly black to power Fidelio X2's? Is the Mojo really worth 5x the price to just use at a desktop? If I was spending more on the dragonfly red I'd just buy the mojo.

I would use it for everything - movies, tv shows, music, and gaming.

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #11,380 of 15,268
Would there be much difference in using either a chord mojo vs dragonfly black to power Fidelio X2's? Is the Mojo really worth 5x the price to just use at a desktop? If I was spending more on the dragonfly red I'd just buy the mojo.

Desktop only? Get a Schiit stack or O2/O DAC and forget the mojo. The red is good, but again, meant for portable / laptops imo.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #11,381 of 15,268

The Mojo is definitely more enjoyable with the X2's than the ODac in my opinion (not saying that the ODac is bad but the Mojo is a different beast imo). Only you can really tell if it's worth it or not......

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #11,382 of 15,268
Okay thank you, well I ordered both the black and the mojo, and will see which one I want to keep. As my ears aren't as experienced I thought somebody who owns both might be able to offer greater insight as the Independence of the x2's is quite low. 

I will only use this in one place at my desktop, and will only use headphones (x2) - no output to speakers.

I really like how the Chord Mojo is British. I realised I don't actually own any British designed + made electronics, and it would be nice for this sole reason to own something made here for once! I feel as if I'll be biased towards the mojo due to the higher price and what others say about it, maybe a placebo effect will sway things in favour of the mojo further.

Gaming is done on a PC when I get the time - very rare! But not that many fps games, so it doesn't really make much difference for gaming. The sound signature when listening to music + movies/tv shows matter far more to me.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #11,383 of 15,268
Casual listening from Pandora isn't working all that well with these headphones.  Very odd.  I suppose the heavily compressed free streams are just not a good match with the X2. 

Also getting some sibilance on a few of my FLAC files.  Any correction for this beyond EQ?  Extra layer of foam or felt in the cup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back