Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 13, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #9,346 of 15,268

Same price as me.. Sunday discount? Hehe.  Knowing that Markantalo have sent at least one poor sounding pair out, I would get a refund.  They'll probably be around €200 at some point this year.

The refund went smoothly once I got the correct code for sending it back via Matkahuolto.  Took 2 weeks to come through.

Hehe yup :)

Even though I'm curious to see whether their february-batch would be any more reliable, I think I'll go for the refund as well. You are probably right concerning its future pricing.

Thx for the input.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #9,347 of 15,268
Just to update any UK / European buyers:

Philips: I don't know if they are coming over to Europe or not, but I do know that they are now available in North America

Louis Hayati: Is it likely that the stock in europe will after some time be the new non glued ones?

Philips: Yes, according to the information I have, the manufacturing process has been changed at all points of manufacture. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #9,348 of 15,268
Just to update any UK / European buyers:

[COLOR=6685C2]Philips: [/COLOR]I don't know if they are coming over to Europe or not, but I do know that they are now available in North America

[COLOR=0000B2]Louis Hayati: [/COLOR]Is it likely that the stock in europe will after some time be the new non glued ones?

[COLOR=6685C2]Philips: [/COLOR]Yes, according to the information I have, the manufacturing process has been changed at all points of manufacture. 

Sounds good, maybe i will return to these headphones at some point then :)

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #9,349 of 15,268
Still patiently waiting for mine to break in.  I might have 30-40 hours on mine, so I'm hoping the 80hr break in is what everyone says it is.  The bass is just way too heavy and my old ATs had a much better soundstage.  The bass just murkies everything up way too much for my liking.

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #9,350 of 15,268
  Still patiently waiting for mine to break in.  I might have 30-40 hours on mine, so I'm hoping the 80hr break in is what everyone says it is.  The bass is just way too heavy and my old ATs had a much better soundstage.  The bass just murkies everything up way too much for my liking.

Sounds like it's just not your type of headphone, frankly.

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #9,352 of 15,268

Sounds like it's just not your type of headphone, frankly.

That may be the case, not discounting that possibility at all.  Or I may need to get used to them.  Or they might need to break in.  Or I got a bad sample.  They're certainly not bad, it sounds like someone turned the bass on the EQ all the way up and it's killing the vocals and soundstage. Just hoping it fades, they're way too fatiguing at the moment.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #9,356 of 15,268
so can you guys confirm that the only difference between the "old" and "new" ones are the glued on pads and not any difference in build/sound quality? what bout some people were saying that the new ones have paint flaking off, glue all over places on the sides and the ear pads being lighter color/bleeding color/etc and falling apart? also people saying the bass is too muddy on the new ones?

im thinking i may return my 650hd cus i think its too expensive, so how does x2 compare to 650hd? is x2 also "neutral with a slight warmth" ?

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #9,357 of 15,268
X2 has deeper, higher quality bass, wider soundstage, better imaging and more detail than HD650. They're more fun and engaging headphone. Tonality-wise they're pretty similar.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #9,358 of 15,268
  X2 has deeper, higher quality bass, wider soundstage, better imaging and more detail than HD650. Otherwise they're pretty similar (as far as tonality goes). 

sweet :) so is it safe to buy from amazon now? or do i need to wait for "item under review" to go away? is there any difference besides the glue?  i saw some people mention that the headband stuff falling part on new ones. thats really amazing that they are better than the 650hd!!

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #9,359 of 15,268
also do they have a nice warm sound to them? i dont like when headphones have a very sharp highs to them that makes it hurt my ears  :frowning2: also i notice x2 has that band thing int he middle, does that get uncomfrotable? i hear those get uncomfortable usually when headphones have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back