Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 13, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #9,376 of 15,268
I love the X2 sound so much that I would never give them up even if the QC issues were much worse.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #9,377 of 15,268
  I love the X2 sound so much that I would never give them up even if the QC issues were much worse.

right on, did u get a pair with the glue while the item was under review? or did u buy them before these issues? i keep thinking i will keep my 650hd, but when i see posts like these it makes me want to buy them right now lol, i dont mind the glue cus i can clean it off, i just dont want the sound to be damaged or any trimmings and etc to break off...and im worried ill get a pair that sounds ok but i wont know if it sounds correct or not.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #9,378 of 15,268
  right on, did u get a pair with the glue while the item was under review? or did u buy them before these issues? i keep thinking i will keep my 650hd, but when i see posts like these it makes me want to buy them right now lol, i dont mind the glue cus i can clean it off, i just dont want the sound to be damaged or any trimmings and etc to break off...and im worried ill get a pair that sounds ok but i wont know if it sounds correct or not.

I haven't checked for the glue issue to be honest as this never been an issue to me. It took me 10+ years to wear out my HD600 pads, I would as well just buy a new headphone at that point. My only gripe was the metal trim peeling off, hopefully this been addressed in the newer batches as well.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #9,379 of 15,268

I haven't checked for the glue issue to be honest as this never been an issue to me. It took me 10+ years to wear out my HD600 pads, I would as well just buy a new headphone at that point. My only gripe was the metal trim peeling off, hopefully this been addressed in the newer batches as well.

oh so you got one of the newer ones? how bad is the trimming peeling? can u fix the trimming or did u just peel it off? im thinking i will buy them tomorrow xD also is the pain flaking off the sides? i saw some people post pics saying that the paint was flaking off and the velour pads were much lighter color compared to the older ones and they leak ink when u put them on white paper and etc.

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #9,380 of 15,268
  oh so you got one of the newer ones? how bad is the trimming peeling? can u fix the trimming or did u just peel it off? im thinking i will buy them tomorrow xD also is the pain flaking off the sides? i saw some people post pics saying that the paint was flaking off and the velour pads were much lighter color compared to the older ones and they leak ink when u put them on white paper and etc.

Never seen issues with paint or anything. Just this trim and it's peeling/off center really slightly, enough to bother only OCD types. Doesn't seem to get much worse too. Otherwise the build is rock solid. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #9,382 of 15,268

Never seen issues with paint or anything. Just this trim and it's peeling/off center really slightly, enough to bother only OCD types. Doesn't seem to get much worse too. Otherwise the build is rock solid. 

yeah i like the fact that x2 has like high quality metal build compared to how even my 650hd is mostly plastic...also the fact that its 3.5mm cable compared to sennhesiers proprietary bs AND it arguably sounds better makes me want to get it.

also 50mm neodymium driver vs 40mm <3 sucks cus its such an awesome set of headphones hoping they can get the QC back to what it was and HOPEFULLY when its no longer in review the pairs are good lol....so that puts me in a tight position,  i have like 6 days to return my 650hds, should i return them and wait to take a chance at the x2 lottery? or keep what i got?

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #9,383 of 15,268
  yeah i like the fact that x2 has like high quality metal build compared to how even my 650hd is mostly plastic...also the fact that its 3.5mm cable compared to sennhesiers proprietary bs AND it arguably sounds better makes me want to get it.

also 50mm neodymium driver vs 40mm <3 sucks cus its such an awesome set of headphones hoping they can get the QC back to what it was and HOPEFULLY when its no longer in review the pairs are good lol....so that puts me in a tight position,  i have like 6 days to return my 650hds, should i return them and wait to take a chance at the x2 lottery? or keep what i got?

When and where did you get your HD650?

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #9,384 of 15,268
Finally got my Philips Fidelio X2 yesterday. Ordered this last December when it was on sale. Had to use a forwarding company to have it shipped here in the Philippines.

So far, everything's good! No channel imbalance (not that I can notice), no funny/toxic smell coming from the headphone, the pads looks good (except for those nasty glues).

Tried a couple of my favorite songs and I was immediately impressed by the sound quality! Man, this was made for Pop, R&B, and EDM! Good thing I was listening to those genres the past couple of weeks. :p

Literally plug and play. Out of the box it sounds great already.

As for the power (my normal listening volume), it's already on maximum volume on my iPhone 6. On my Galaxy S4, it's 2 steps before maximum volume. Haven't tried with my Clip Zip yet. :p

I seriously need some hard case for this.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #9,386 of 15,268
The "toxic" smell from pads goes away in just few days.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #9,387 of 15,268

What smell are you referring to?  There's definitely a moderate smell coming from mine but I assumed it was from the glue.

The "toxic" smell from pads goes away in just few days.

Other users have reported said toxic smell from the headphone. There is definitely a moderate smell but nothing to be worried about. Probably because it's brand new?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #9,390 of 15,268
Finally got my Philips Fidelio X2 yesterday. Ordered this last December when it was on sale. Had to use a forwarding company to have it shipped here in the Philippines.

So far, everything's good! No channel imbalance (not that I can notice), no funny/toxic smell coming from the headphone, the pads looks good (except for those nasty glues).

Tried a couple of my favorite songs and I was immediately impressed by the sound quality! Man, this was made for Pop, R&B, and EDM! Good thing I was listening to those genres the past couple of weeks. :p

Literally plug and play. Out of the box it sounds great already.

As for the power (my normal listening volume), it's already on maximum volume on my iPhone 6. On my Galaxy S4, it's 2 steps before maximum volume. Haven't tried with my Clip Zip yet. :p

I seriously need some hard case for this.

Looks nice but damn is that the glue stains I see in the bottom pic? How did crap like that get through? Were the people making them drunk??

And ya I got my 650 from amazon few weeks ago but thinking of returning for the x2 cus they look so sexy and I like the metal build, too much plastic in too many things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back