Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 13, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #9,361 of 15,268
  also do they have a nice warm sound to them? i dont like when headphones have a very sharp highs to them that makes it hurt my ears  :frowning2: also i notice x2 has that band thing int he middle, does that get uncomfrotable? i hear those get uncomfortable usually when headphones have them.

I find my X2 very comfortable. I haven't seen any headband issues. Also the treble is not harsh at all, they're quite forgiving headphones and very well-balanced.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #9,362 of 15,268
  sweet :) so is it safe to buy from amazon now? or do i need to wait for "item under review" to go away? is there any difference besides the glue?  i saw some people mention that the headband stuff falling part on new ones. thats really amazing that they are better than the 650hd!!

I would wait for Amazon to clear that "item under review" status first...

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #9,364 of 15,268
main reason im excited for x2 is i can use any 3.5mm cable, no proprietary BS! was looking at shp9500 but that material looks kinda gross the way it can absorb sweat and not be reaplaced.... please hope i can get a good x2 soon! also its nice to hear they sound like the 650hd but better, and have metal build <3

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #9,365 of 15,268
  main reason im excited for x2 is i can use any 3.5mm cable, no proprietary BS! was looking at shp9500 but that material looks kinda gross the way it can absorb sweat and not be reaplaced.... please hope i can get a good x2 soon! also its nice to hear they sound like the 650hd but better, and have metal build <3

I actually found the SHP9500 to be more comfortable than the X2 but, sound-wise, there's no contest.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #9,367 of 15,268

I actually found the SHP9500 to be more comfortable than the X2 but, sound-wise, there's no contest.

nice! so when its no longer under review and etc will u guys post here that "hey its now safe to buy!" ? did they give any time estimate on when it will be safe to buy? worried that it will go off review but then ill order and still get a bad pair :frowning2: 

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #9,368 of 15,268
  X2 has deeper, higher quality bass, wider soundstage, better imaging and more detail than HD650. They're more fun and engaging headphone. Tonality-wise they're pretty similar.

I agree with most of madwolfa's post, the tonality is really quite similar (neutralish with a warm tilt).  I still think the detail is better on the HD650 (not by much) and to my ears the HD650 goes lower, the bass roll-off on the X2 is really quite steep, it plummets at 50hz while the 650 is more gradual.  I definitely agree the X2 is more "fun" and engaging (toe-tapping continuously).  The HD650 remains the ultimate "session" headphone for me.  On my head it's comfort is fantastic (well minus the aging earpads) and the laid back nature lets me listen for hours on end.  The tubes I have in the Lyr do outstanding things for the HD650's sound stage.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #9,369 of 15,268
Some people do have issues with the 9500s pad material and comfort, but I think they were pretty good. The main issues for me are how shallow they are, and they can be itchy; especially if you have facial hair. Whenever I wear them, I periodically lift the cups to scratch my ears. I never had issues with sweat but they do make your ears warm. They also don't seal as well as the X2s and have zero clamping force which can be good and bad. It won't apply to everyone but that's my experience with them. If I were to rate The 9500s and X2s in terms of comfort, I would give the former a 7 and the X2s a 9 or possibly a 10.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #9,375 of 15,268
Anoying its such a minefield at the moment. Was all settled on the X2, but the issues have been pushing me to the Hifiman HE400i, and the HD 650 are still in the running. Wish there was somewhere local to try then all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back