Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 25, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #8,447 of 15,268
Can someone with an "older" (glueless, etc.) X2 please post some close up pictures of the pads? I'm thinking mine are made of some newer, cheaper material.

I've used a lot of overear headphones, and these pads are just plain uncomfortable. Nothing like any of the old reviews say regarding wearing comfort. The headphone becomes like 5 times more comfortable when I replace the pads with leather HM5 pads. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #8,448 of 15,268
I returned the X2 last week but still have the bass plus replacement pads that are specifically designed for the x2. Much more comfortable than the stock pads, which were too firm and itchy. Anyone interested in buying them at discount? Only worn for about a week sporadically and pretty much new. Apologies if this is not the thread to post such offers.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #8,449 of 15,268
  Can someone with an "older" (glueless, etc.) X2 please post some close up pictures of the pads? I'm thinking mine are made of some newer, cheaper material.

I've used a lot of overear headphones, and these pads are just plain uncomfortable. Nothing like any of the old reviews say regarding wearing comfort. The headphone becomes like 5 times more comfortable when I replace the pads with leather HM5 pads. 

My X2 pads are the most comfortable pads that I've used by far, and I have a lot of headphones.  You must have got some of the new batch. I got mine in April.   I would never even consider changing the pads.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #8,451 of 15,268
  My X2 pads are the most comfortable pads that I've used by far, and I have a lot of headphones.  You must have got some of the new batch. I got mine in April.   I would never even consider changing the pads.

This is so aggravating because, based on Philips's recent behavior, aka "screw you guys all new headphones are now coming with glued earpads", I'm wondering if they'll ever produce the older earpads ever again.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #8,452 of 15,268

This is so aggravating because, based on Philips's recent behavior, aka "screw you guys all new headphones are now coming with glued earpads", I'm wondering if they'll ever produce the older earpads ever again.

I would think they would have to with all the complaints and returns. Don't let them screw you over cuz these are awesome headphones when you get the real thing..

I wish all of you the best of luck.

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #8,453 of 15,268

Mine were purchased back in July.  Mine are like the darker black ones.  These pics are from a reviewer on Amazon.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #8,456 of 15,268

I bought some X2s from the $199 deal the other day and all of these post R worrying me.

Do I need to do something with them to test them or exchange them?

Yes, plug them and listen to them. If you like the sound, unsubscribe from this thread.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #8,458 of 15,268
LOL sheeesh HAHAHHAHA...Im really hoping (and this could be denial talking) that the issues are just under a magnifying glass :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back